Nike Deal

Bullitt

Was looking online and didn't see much about the details of our kit deal with Nike. 

Anyone able to shed some light on this? 

It wasn't until Hummel signed a deal with Rangers that I started to wonder how much we made from our deal (if anything)?

There was talk of Nike taking over the shop at one stage and for our big anniversary a bespoke strip I'm sure.

Would be interested to learn more about this too. 

I thought they had taken over the shop? And I'm sure I read on here recently that the 2018/19 season is the last year of our deal and that we'd already used our alloted (1 per 3 year deal) bespoke kit. Whether we can/are negotiating a new deal (and another bespoke kit) for our 150 year would be interesting to know. 

Hopefully someone can shed some more light though! 

1 hour ago, jesper said:

2018/19 season is the last year of our deal and that we'd already used our alloted (1 per 3 year deal) bespoke kit.

Correct.

1 hour ago, jesper said:

Whether we can/are negotiating a new deal (and another bespoke kit) for our 150 year would be interesting to know.

I think the club's preference would be this. 150th kit is 2019/20 so hopefully negotiations have started in preparation for this.

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

There was talk of Nike taking over the shop at one stage and for our big anniversary a bespoke strip I'm sure.

We get our kits through a 3rd party called JustSport. They run the shop, both physical and online.

5 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

It’s a special anniversary we don’t want the usual pish that Nike produce it has to be a one off . There must be better manufacturers out there . Unfortunately as has been said by Lroy the shop is run by just sport who can’t be arsed to send reply’s to any questions put them.

Usual pish? The Nike Strip this season is a belter, As is the training gear etc.

I don't expect we'll make much from it. I'd guess we just pay JustSport to stick a load of badges on x amount of catalogue jerseys and get a % of any profit that JustSport make. As much as I like the Nike stuff I'd probably rather see us get a deal where someone rewards us financially to make our kits - that's if such a deal exists for clubs of our size these days. I dare say it comes down to how many shirts you actually sell and I don't imagine Kilmarnock before this season will have been selling many.

1 hour ago, fmcc said:

Kappa, please

Jesus, we've already got people complaining about Nike not giving us big enough sizes. They'd be having heart attacks* if we switched to a company that's style is skin tight shirts.

*Heart attacks may or may not be linked to shirt tightness 

I’ve got absolutely no complaints about the look or quality of anything we have had from Nike over the past 2 years. 

At least you are guaranteed quality, would hate to have a repeat of the Lotto debacle or the ill fitting of an 1869 shirt for the 150th anniversary. 

21 hours ago, Lroy said:

Jesus, we've already got people complaining about Nike not giving us big enough sizes. They'd be having heart attacks* if we switched to a company that's style is skin tight shirts.

*Heart attacks may or may not be linked to shirt tightness 

17 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Got a couple of Leeds t shirts by Kappa and XL is a bit of a snug fit for me. 

Normally Im a M/L

I've not had anything from Kappa since a delightful silvery tracksuit when I was 15. Before the neds overtook the brand!

But I saw Reading this season wearing kappa stuff with an Intersport sponsor. Retro heaven.