Where would a win come in your top moments?

Jedi2

Would imagine that for most folk, the two Cup finals have been the best moments as a Killie fan. If we can turn this around on Sunday I reckon it will be no.3 on the list. Obviously celebrating just staying up can seem a bit strange, but the reason..this time I have much more confidence in the club moving forward, if we can just stay in the SPL. 

Staying up at Easter Rd in 94 is probably my current no.3..heres hoping it can be displaced.

1/ 97 Cup final win. 

2/ last day survival at Easter road

3/ Hamilton promotion game. 

4/ 2012 League cup final. 

5/  97 cup semi replay at Easter road. 

6/ Kaiserslautern away

7/ beating Rangers on our return to the premier. 

8/ stopping ten in a row

9/ getting the Celtic hoodoo of our back

10/ Shelbourne away 

11/ Cocard ripping Rangers in his trainers. 

12/ Kaiserslautern at home. 

13/ Burke ripping Celtic at Rugby park  

14/ Reykjavik at home  

15/ Morton away 97

i might feel different after Sunday, but at the moment anger, embarrassment, and disappointment are the overriding emotions when I think of the playoffs  

Won't get anywhere near my greatest moments unless it is a remarkable victory. Staying up at this stage is not something we should be  getting overly excited about. It was a different story in the nineties. If we win on Sunday I'll celebrate like any other victory, move on and hope we never have to go through this again.

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

I absolutely hated that game. One of the worst experiences as a supporter standing there numb for the last ten minutes helpless heart in mouth as the boy Flynn balooned his shot over. And I expect nothing less than that on Sunday. 

Was worth it for the happy ending. Rollercoaster of emotions. Thats what footballs all about. As long as we get the result in the end. Mon the killie!

4 hours ago, Calummoore86 said:

I cant believe no-one has mentioned avoiding relegation at home to FALKIRK in 2010. Wee pitch invasion at the end. Was amazing. This is up there with the cup wins for me. Hopefully we can do the same on Sunday.

That day isn't near my top 10 killie days. Embarrassing it got that close 

36 minutes ago, Bobby Street Roll said:

Staying up away to Hibs felt like a real achievement - before then we had a track record of almost always being a team that went straight back down.

Agreed, that was a massive game. The fact that it was another 16 years til we needed another last day result to avoid relegation says how important it was.

Can't see Sunday going down as one of my top moments, unless we do something like score twice in injury time to win it...

17 minutes ago, King said:

We were bottom for a bit on the last day in 97 until Holt scored. Most folk probably forget that due to the cup win a fortnight later.

We've survived a good few last days. Hope our luck isn't running out.

I remember us going nuts that day and thought it was for that reason but looking at the league table on soccerbase it seems unlikely, unless they've totally screwed up. However, although I can remember the Pars and Dons games prior to the final, I have no recollection of us playing Celtic. Auld age doesn't come it's self. 

Difference from 2010 which was more massive relief,is that we were still in a huge mess financially after it.We did get lucky by appointing Mixu that same summer,which led to 3 good years (relatively) on the pitch after KS obviously succeeded him.

Agree that Sunday would also be more massive relief (again) than 'celebration'.However,much greater sense that changes at boardroom level could happen this time,with hopefully new investors coming in and a chance to sort the club out and possibly regain more of a feelgood factor.Also as has been said,Lee gets the chance to mould his own team,and just maybe we kick on,and don't end up struggling near the bottom again next season.

If we do go down we may still see boardroom change,but could take some time to get back out of the 1st Division,and obviously face substantial financial cuts to sponsorship,TV money etc,which in turn affects the calibre of player we can bring in.

Edited by Jedi2

16 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I remember us going nuts that day and thought it was for that reason but looking at the league table on soccerbase it seems unlikely, unless they've totally screwed up. However, although I can remember the Pars and Dons games prior to the final, I have no recollection of us playing Celtic. Auld age doesn't come it's self. 

When the sheep took the lead it put us in the play-offs. 

Celtic game was the midweek & we could have won at their midden sooner, had Burke? Been a bit more greedy, instead of squaring the ball.

10 minutes ago, CB said:

When the sheep took the lead it put us in the play-offs. 

Celtic game was the midweek & we could have won at their midden sooner, had Burke? Been a bit more greedy, instead of squaring the ball.

Did the playoffs actually take place or was this one of the seasons where the first division teams stadium didn't come up to scratch?

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Did the playoffs actually take place or was this one of the seasons where the first division teams stadium didn't come up to scratch?

Hibs gave Airdrie a bit of a going over. 5-2 on aggregate.

Falkirks lack of 10,000 seats saved Well that year irc.Some family reasons would also make surviving on Sunday particularly special for me this time,which I hopefully get the chance to articulate,if we can do it :0)

Edited by Jedi2