Players Leaving

Hambino

Higganbottom would almost certinly have recieved some sort of pay off to go .There is no way Dunfermline would have matched his wages and I expect some of the others have recieved something to or are waiting on one .If the pay offs are part of the budget and given the fact that season after season we are overspending I wouldn't expect there will be a lot left 

50 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Higganbottom would almost certinly have recieved some sort of pay off to go .There is no way Dunfermline would have matched his wages and I expect some of the others have recieved something to or are waiting on one .If the pay offs are part of the budget and given the fact that season after season we are overspending I wouldn't expect there will be a lot left 

I would not expect the redundancies to appear or impact on front line budgets.  They will appear in the accounts but would be underneath the main P&L and operating systems.

42 minutes ago, freddoig said:

According to sportsound last night we received a nominal fee  for higgy.

so long as it covered any payoff he may have been due then all is well and good.  he should have been much more productive and effective than he was, whether down to piss poor management by golden shower boy, his attitude or something else.  He's better off our wage bill to allow the manager to bring someone else in who could impact the team.

5 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

he should have been much more productive and effective than he was, whether down to piss poor management by golden shower boy, his attitude or something else.  He's better off our wage bill to allow the manager to bring someone else in who could impact the team.

Bob - out if interest how often did you actually see him play

19 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Bob - out if interest how often did you actually see him play

Not very, but every time I did, he didn't have much of an impact.  but that is largely irrelevant he was deemed surplus to requirement by the new manager and I better off our wage bill and thankfully not in the same division so less likely to come back and haunt us.

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Feel a bit sorry for Balatoni!

Yeah, I do a bit as well. I thought we had won a watch getting him in, after all he was their captain and was holding out for a move south. He's a decent player, but he did make some poor decisions in some crucial games.

He might have been playing in the  U20s to let someone have a look at him.

2 hours ago, Mogwai said:

He might have been playing in the  U20s to let someone have a look at him.

I thought that about the match at RP but Creetown? I can't see any scouts trekking down there.

Maybe more likely that it was to give him match practice.

11 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I don't... he was horrific from day one and almost cost us our place in the league. Fact no one wanted him or wants him shows just how poor he is.

Horrific from day one, get a grip. He was certainly not the worst player last season.  One mistake at inverness makes him a vilain, I right. Balatoni could still do a job for us considering how young our squad is. MacKenzie for example was much worse, and should have left before Balatoni. 

17 hours ago, KTIDanny85 said:

With Higgy and Carrick away is there any players left that LC wanted rid of that have not found a new club? 

And I seem to recall LC saying if he got rid of all the players he wanted too he would in turn look to bring in one or two more, anyone any idea on this?

Balatoni.... I do wonder if we are trying to force him out as he has been training and playing for the development team 

Edited by C4mmy31

5 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

Horrific from day one, get a grip. He was certainly not the worst player last season.  One mistake at inverness makes him a vilain, I right. Balatoni could still do a job for us considering how young our squad is. MacKenzie for example was much worse, and should have left before Balatoni. 

This ..... the guy made one bad mistake that cost us a crucial goal and game. Other than that he wasn't any better or worse than the rest of the squad .... and was more influential than McKenzie who is damn close to the chocolate teapot class of player.

1 minute ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

I agree about Mc Kenzie, big season for him and needs to improve dramatically, I think the manager may have made him aware of this too, possibly need to play a lot for the rest of contract.

Think this has been said for the past 3 seasons.  He's the kind of player that fans are willing to be more patient with: local lad, works hard on the pitch and seems to be committed to the club.    One needs to weigh up the value of these attributes against our league points total.  I'm not convinced that it's a worthwhile trade-off.  

43 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Balatoni.... I do wonder if we are trying to force him out as he has been training and playing for the development team 

We ARE trying to force him out!

He has been transfer-listed. LC said yesterday he doesn't figure in his plans. He hasn't been included in team groups photos.

Edited by skygod

44 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

Agreed, he wasn't the worst... but he is/was pish. He made an obvious mistake at Inverness... but almost every week he lost headers in the six yard box, constantly wrong side of his man and his positioning was at best questionable. He leaves Thistle they improve and no one wanted to sign him... he comes to us and we lose games at home by four goals, he's now available for anyone who wants to take him... and we can't get rid of him. So I stand by my original statement. His level is Championship in Scotland with a mid-table side.

Again, the fact he got dropped for two of the biggest games in our history and our defence looked better with Lee Ashcroft (who most on here wanted shot of) further proves my point!

2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I really can't see McKenzie being a successful central midfielder. He can't tackle or pass and has no upper body strength. I hope I'm wrong. 

Unfortunately I think the same. Really disappointed we lost out on Slater as he is a good box to box midfielder. Perhaps Smith back to midfield to allow a new boy in at full back?