Players Leaving

Hambino

I wondered if Ashcroft's playoff performances might have got him a year, I can understand why he's been released. Slater is probably good enough to make more money elsewhere so I'm not surprised he's going. The figure I heard yesterday was 13 players to leave, so there might be a few surprises.

slightly concerned at some of the numbers being bandied around to be honest. do we really think the squad was *that* bad to only keep 6 of them?

i guess that includes players who were on very short contracts such as hodson, addison and faubert tho. 

Can't be too sentimental as these players got us in to this mess (along with king donkey Locke)

An interesting summer ahead and we are only half a day in to it! Will be a great change from last close season when every ex hearts player Locke had ever spoken to was linked to the club

1 minute ago, fmcc said:

slightly concerned at some of the numbers being bandied around to be honest. do we really think the squad was *that* bad to only keep 6 of them?

We have got to trust that Lee will bring in a better quality of player to replace them with.

Would expect the following to leave:

Higgy

Balatoni

McHattie

Carrick

Hodson (loan) - would be happy to get him back on contract

McKenzie (?)

Coaching team (?)

Clearly Clark has his eyes on bringing in a bigger, more physical type of player, something we've lacked, certainly in the midfield area, IMO.

19 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Can't be too sentimental as these players got us in to this mess (along with king donkey Locke)

This.

This time last year, in the context of keeping Pascali and Eremenko, I wrote about breaking the cycle of failure.

Guess what? The cycle got a lot worse! We as a club needed someone to come in and say, "Look - guys like X,Y and Z may be nice guys and part of Kenny's famous goslings but, frankly, they aren't good enough if this club wants to advance."

Slater's going opens up more chance for Frizzell, McKenzie's (presumably) for McLean, say. 

Edited by skygod

Just now, Andy said:

Can someone list the players who are not about to go out of contract please ?

Any advance on Boyd ?

Most of the crazy signings of last close season when we threw 2 or 3 year contracts at them:

Stevie Smith

Dale Carrick

Higgy (listed as signed last year, and at least added to the squad a bit)

McHattie

Thanks Locke, and good luck to Raith Rovers