KillieFC TV: Lee Clark Exclusive

Michael

Good interview. Certainly seems to know his stuff. When he mentions "getting his own squad together" and "my first day at pre-season"it seems he intends to stay for the long haul. Sounds as if he's much happier with the squad fitness. I hope he's the man for the job but getting him in so late has made it an almost impossible task.

Edited by Charlie's Dad

Agreed CD, the guy has been left with an almost impossible task. I just hope Accies don't win tomorrow allowing us some hope of catching them in the bottom six group!

I'm also willing to bet, that despite one or two folk being unconvinced with him, he's going to be a bigger success than some of the managers that are managing in the current top flight.

Actions speak louder than words but do hope we can somehow stay up and we get to see how Clark shapes his own squad over the summer 

Know its been said often ---but utterly baffling why the decision to get rid of GL and then to bring in a new Boss took far too long -----to at least give him chance to change a few things in January

• baz featured and pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Actions speak louder than words but do hope we can somehow stay up and we get to see how Clark shapes his own squad over the summer 

Know its been said often ---but utterly baffling why the decision to get rid of GL and then to bring in a new Boss took far too long -----to at least give him chance to change a few things in January

not utterly baffling Scouser2... Just predictable

After hearing this I am more encouraged and he appears to have a plan about what he wants to do.  How we should be playing, thinking and training.  The last two didn't seem to have the faintest idea about any of those.

I reckon given time he could be another Mixu for us, just hope if he is we keep him longer.

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Do you think he will stay if we were to be relegated?

I don't expect miracles and he took over a very difficult situation. However I am looking for something, anything that shows he is having some impact. Something to make me feel optimistic.

He certainly does a better interview than Gary but results since he took over have not been encouraging at all. 

Agree with most of the posts on this thread.

It's completely unfair to judge Lee Clark at this stage of our awful season - he needs time. I'm growing to like him thus far because he appears to be committed to changing the fortunes of our great club.

Locke pushed us over - somehow Clark has to try and help us up again before it's too late. Really hope he does so and IF so, as said a few times above, it'll be interesting to see how he goes about his business in the summer (big IF remember).

Easy to read too much into interviews like that, but the amount of times he mentions getting 'his team' together stood out for me.

One the one hand, brilliant that he is a thinking long term and has a plan.

On the other - what message does that send to the current squad? If he's got any sense he'll ditch most of them, but they need to have belief for these final games.

He's very likeable and certainly has a hell of a lot more knowledge than his predecessor. I liked the way he answered the man on the post question is a less clichéd style than Lockes work harder try harder pish.

Agree he needs a chance to get his own players in and drill them to the systems he wants to play.

As long as there is an upturn in fortunes and we were to go down fighting I think it's fair to give him another crack next season.