Billy Bowie - There is a good enough budget and Lee seems to be happy with it

Scouser2

2 hours ago, baz said:

How exactly? Community ownership would not be run from the fans forums. I think your point would stand had the Trust Board reacted to the calls on here to get behind the calls for an EGM without going through the proper process. That's not to say it won't happen, but it won't be a knee jerk reaction, it will be a considered approach because the people who have been voted in did not require a pitchfork to get nominated...they are level headed individuals who have varied skill sets and they act on the advice of those they trust in to know best in any situation which may arise.

Fans forums are notorious for gut reactions, that's partly the reason they exist...they have saved MJ's arse from getting tanned on many an occasion because fans vent in here and for many that's the end of their input, or output if you look at it that way. I think most are aware of that and treat it accordingly. I think you are wrong to say it is a mistake to try and force MJ out...the softly softly approach has been tried over and over and we are further in the mire as opposed to any further forward. It is a mistake to write off BB at this stage though, although he is not doing himself any favours on any front continuing to tolerate MJ and all that entails.

There are two posters on here who say he will be gone this summer, isnt that what you want? Have you heard anythig similar? If true, and i have no idea if it is, then this process must be advanced! I would certainly like unity and all these napm lot back at rugby park.

4 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

There are two posters on here who say he will be gone this summer, isnt that what you want? Have you heard anythig similar? If true, and i have no idea if it is, then this process must be advanced! I would certainly like unity and all these napm lot back at rugby park.

I think it will take more than the NAPM lot as you put it, there are dozens of local sponsors, big and small that would boost the coffers. But I agree we must push this forward as quickly as possible.

7 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

I think it will take more than the NAPM lot as you put it, there are dozens of local sponsors, big and small that would boost the coffers. But I agree we must push this forward as quickly as possible.

I used NAPM term for ease of posting, was not meant to derogatory. Sadly I doubt the removal of MJ will increase the crowds significantly in the short term, maybe a few hundred max, people just get out of the habit of going and get different time pressures. But I really want to be wrong!

Things have clearly been in decline since MJ took over but I think it would be unwise and simplistic to imagine things would just improve if MJ was not there.

True, he seems to have alienated almost everyone who wants to get involved and build the club up so him stepping aside would be a positive but there are other tings to be considered.

As mentioned elsewhere people have just got out of the habit of going on a Saturday and it will take time and hard work to attract them back. This is where I think someone like Lee Clarke could be an asset as he seems to want to engage with the fans. 

There are other things like the closure of the Jonnie Walker bottling plant which has taken a huge amount of spending power out of the area which can't be just undone.

In short MJ stepping aside would be a good first step but not nearly enough on its own to improve things.

Let's be serious, if Killie were doing a Leicester city next season and flying at top of the league then the crowds would be back regardless of who was in charge.

There's probably more chance of me having a lovely night with Rachel Riley so Mj leaving needs to happen to get some of the hardcore fans back who have left, then we can build from there. 

3 hours ago, Big G said:

Mclean 07 you really do want to see Killie finished with posts like above. A blind man can see the clubs on its last legs and there has being only one person in charge for the last few years.    

Can naebody take a wee joke anymore ? Wind yer necks in.......