How Much?

In an ideal world, we'd all like Michael Johnston to donate his shares and leave Kilmarnock F.C. once and for all. However, we all know that isn't ever going to happen.

With rumours of a 500k offer from Billy Bowie/McLeish being rejected, how much would you happily have the club pay MJ to get rid of him once and for all?

A million? Two? Is the 500k already too much?

I'm astounded there's nae chat on here about this J.

the lad who tweeted it generally has good ITK info. It does seem to be a development of the rumour a few weeks ago that something was in the offing. if BB and mcleish are offering MJ  money now, it's effectively the "we've no confidence" in you message that we've all been hoping someon on the board would issue since the whole restructuring took place. 

Interesting times ahead. I understand the timing what with waiting til the season was over etc, but it's s bit annoying that it'll get next to no media coverage in the coming days and weeks with it being the close season and the obsession with the OF reunification

What does he genuinely think he deserves?? He's taken a club in the black to £750k debt in a year and wants £1m to sell it despite it having no assets left as he has pretty much transferred them into his name. 

Who would pay 1m for 750k debt? A bit simplified but doesnt make any sense at all.

His mismanagement has caused the club to lose so much money by not doing his job properly. Should be made to pay the 750k out his own pocket then give club away for free. If i had lost my company that amount of money in a year my p45 would have been in the post a long time ago. Holding the club to ransom whilst completely failing at his job.

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

7 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

.....how much would you happily have the club pay MJ to get rid of him once and for all?

"The club"? Why would the club buy out his shares?

Individual board members, maybe, but the more desirable outcome would be for new outside investor(s) to buy his shares. There are supposedly would-be investors out there who are keen to become involved but who seem reluctant to meet the asking price and/ or conditions.

Are they in discussion with MJ?

As for the amount, the only accurate measure is how much MJ wants, irrespective of whether or not it is realistic. If he doesn't want to budge, £20m wouldn't be enough.

But the close season is slipping by and we needed to try to resolve this before the new season starts.  Why would anyone care whether there is any media interest? It's preferable to wash our dirty linen in private, I would have thought.

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

"The club"? Why would the club buy out his shares?

Individual board members, maybe, but the more desirable outcome would be for new outside investor(s) to buy his shares. There are supposedly would-be investors out there who are keen to become involved but who seem reluctant to meet the asking price and/ or conditions.

Are they in discussion with MJ?

As for the amount, the only accurate measure is how much MJ wants, irrespective of whether or not it is realistic. If he doesn't want to budge, £20m wouldn't be enough.

But the close season is slipping by and we needed to try to resolve this before the new season starts.  Why would anyone care whether there is any media interest? It's preferable to wash our dirty linen in private, I would have thought.

I agree with most of this apart from your last point. It's a widely held opinion that he has got an easy ride outside the club and that he peddles the myth that no one makes him offers to f**k off and he's the best person to lead the club. I personally believe that if the media were on board and he was exposed for being a two faced, lying, divisive, club-ruining f**k that it would increase the pressure on him to get the f**k out 

What would be good media coverage would be if investor(s) used it to promote a bid.

The media are never going to run a campaign to oust MJ when there is no viable alternative.

The ball is firmly in the court of those who want to get involved in the club.  

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

What does he genuinely think he deserves?? He's taken a club in the black to £750k debt in a year and wants £1m to sell it despite it having no assets left as he has pretty much transferred them into his name. 

Who would pay 1m for 750k debt? A bit simplified but doesnt make any sense at all.

His mismanagement has caused the club to lose so much money by not doing his job properly. Should be made to pay the 750k out his own pocket then give club away for free. If i had lost my company that amount of money in a year my p45 would have been in the post a long time ago. Holding the club to ransom whilst completely failing at his job.

It must be a £1.1 million debt as we lost £400,000 the year before.

12 minutes ago, Zorro said:

If the other board members are united in their acceptance MJ is toxic, why offer him anything at all? They have enough shares between them to exclude him from all business and decisions. Do it and make his shares worthless. 

This.

I don't care if he keeps his shares.

I just want him off the board and removed as secretary.

Anything else would be a bonus.

1 hour ago, fmcc said:

I agree with most of this apart from your last point. It's a widely held opinion that he has got an easy ride outside the club and that he peddles the myth that no one makes him offers to f**k off and he's the best person to lead the club. I personally believe that if the media were on board and he was exposed for being a two faced, lying, divisive, club-ruining f**k that it would increase the pressure on him to get the f**k out 

The basic problem with MJ arose with Jamie Moffat. Jamie should have requested a written agreement that MJ could not profit from the shares he got from Jamie Moffat. I knew his father very well, as a member of the original Chairman's Club and was m ost surprised that this condition was not a stipulation on MJ getting the shares.

Killiedaft1957

Just now, skygod said:

MJ's comment at the AGM that he is still protecting the interests of the Moffat family suggested Jamie still has an interest in making some money out of his former shareholding. 

Either that or MJ  was bulls**tting.

Unless Jamie Moffat declares what the position is regarding the shares then we are still in the dark, which is where MJ has kept us all along.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

MJ's comment at the AGM that he is still protecting the interests of the Moffat family suggested Jamie still has an interest in making some money out of his former shareholding. 

He was certainly at the 2nd leg against falkirk. Assumed he was making sure his dad's legacy would continue...

Arrived at the same time as a local lad that tried hard & we should've cut him slack for being a terrible keeper.

So, had the worst happened, we had ready made scapegoats.

21 minutes ago, stumack said:

i thought all the chat was that we weren't beholden to moffat at all now. 

He mentioned him at the AGM. Basically from what I can gather if it's in a positive light then they're MJ's shares, if it's negative then they're JM's and he's just protecting his investment.

2 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

I'd be amazed if MJ turned down an offer like that if it was just in it for himself. 

If he was offered that and still retains his share in hotel then he would've jumped at it. 

There must be a JM involvement somewhere.

No amazement if it was their first offer, any businessman would try and squeeze pips out of it!

5 hours ago, skygod said:

Shortly after he made the statement about protecting Moffats interests he was asked what they had to do with the club and he said nothing. Any agreement on face value would seem to be personal between MJ and JM. Though MJ will hold potential suitors for the club to ransom to incur as little a hit as possible himself.

Its hearsay at the moment but will MJs number be respective of the rumoured investors. John Gall has spoke of investing, Kenny Alexander's name does the rounds, the ABG from a couple of years ago. Many who know more than most say their are serious investors out there. If MJ thinks there are more in the background ready to put some cash in then this offer from the only two who seem willing to deal with him won't appeal.