Match Thread: Celtic (H) - 19/03/16

Michael

Hard one to take today, the team gave everything and were unlucky not take something from the game. Just lacked that cutting edge up front which has been the problem all season.

If we can put In those kind of performances in the remaining 7 games,I'd hope we can pick up a few points to give ourselves some kind of a chance of closing the gap on the teams above 

Table at 5pm:

Pos              Pl     gd     Pts

1    Celtic    30    50      69
2    Dons     31    18      65
3    Hearts  30    22      56
4    Saints   31     1       43
5    Well       31    -8      41
6    RossCo31    -5      40
7    Jags     30    -7      37
8    Dee       29    -3      36
9    ICT        30    -4      36
10 Accies   31    -17    33
11 Killie      31    -24    28
12 Arabs    29    -23    20

• CB unpinned this topic

Really pleased with that performance today. Well organised with players knowing their roles, even the likes of Hodson who had a tough task playing opposite side. 

Faubert and Dicker were standouts. Higgy looked back to himself in first half. Kiltie was surprisingly quiet. Thought Boyd did quite well too. 

Gutting to to lose in the manner we did, thought we were the better team for spells. How many times have we seen similar against those manky bassas?

Proud to be a Killie fan tonight. Really thought we would get a doing but should at least have got a draw. They never even had a shot on goal worth saving until the goal which was  unsaveable. Usual story the big teams get the breaks. Everything was so much better. Defensively much better, midfield much better and Faubert had a great game, Boyd showed he still has something to offer. Higginbotham had his best game and looked like the Partick player of the past. No doubt Lee Clark has us going in the right direction.

13 minutes ago, aumgn said:

Higginbotham had a great game? He did? 

Much as I don't rate him, game changed when Tope came on. His pace caused chaos. Much better performance today but our ball retention is awful and the team still struggle to play as a cohesive unit.

Celtic sit off us which has suited us and why in my opinion we've done well against them this season, I worry that the first team to press us on the ball will turn us over again. Next two games are absolutely crucial, I'm bricking it!

All about opinions I guess  

Higgy created our two best chances whereas Tope ruined a couple of our best breaks with poor decisions. 

2 hours ago, Killiesub said:

Too many experts think it is easy for Dundeeunited to overcome a 8 point margin but not Killie a 5. 

I'd agree with that. My old man goes on and on about us going down and United leap-frogging us, or "Falkirk will beat us if we manage to get in the play-off spot" etc.

Does my sizeable moobs in when I hear it!! 

We have 7 cup finals coming up and we are capable of winning all seven. The hardest games are out the way. Accies losing from a winning position at home will really affect their confidence and we have more than enough about us to catch them.

23 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'd agree with that. My old man goes on and on about us going down and United leap-frogging us, or "Falkirk will beat us if we manage to get in the play-off spot" etc.

We would have to put in a real shift of crap performances to let the Arabs overtake us but after taking one point from a possible 15 I find myself bemused by those who think we will overhaul Hamilton. The thing is it doesnt matter a stuff how bad they are we actually have to win games to overtake them. Two more than them out of the last seven. I myself just can't see us winning 2 more games than them when we can't score.

Once we are in the playoffs it's really just a lottery. Who knows. Looks like Falkirk who are flying at the moment.

4 hours ago, Dillinger said:

All about opinions I guess  

Higgy created our two best chances whereas Tope ruined a couple of our best breaks with poor decisions. 

Totally agree. Higgy created our two best chances at the back post for Boyd. Although Tope has pace and causes chaos he's slow to react to situations and invariably gives the ball away. Not enough end product from him as always.

11 hours ago, Tom061087 said:

possibly more than any other game this season we looked like a structured team.

dicker broke the play up, faubert used the resulting loose balls well and higginbottham provided a bit of flair.

yes goals are still missing but it is miles ahead of the clueless midfield chase shadows stuff under locke.

totally undeserved to loose a goal like that, although in fairness they had a stonewall penalty claim.  

remains to be seen if we have enough to stay up., but Lee Clarke is right to be so positive, someone above moaning but to me thats crazy, which of the other two options would you want him to say- "were going down" or "no comment"?

Moaning ? Really?  I commented on a post by Killie65 where he quoted Clark as saying "we will definitely stay up", in his post match interview.  If this was indeed what he said then that is whats crazy my friend. I'm all for positivity but to make a statement like that is naive. We both know comments like that will be used against him by some lazy journalist looking for a story, if we don't stay up.  Good/fair chance of staying up yes, definitely no.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Moaning ? Really?  I commented on a post by Killie65 where he quoted Clark as saying "we will definitely stay up", in his post match interview.  If this was indeed what he said then that is whats crazy my friend. I'm all for positivity but to make a statement like that is naive. We both know comments like that will be used against him by some lazy journalist looking for a story, if we don't stay up.  Good/fair chance of staying up yes, definitely no.

Clark did say we would stay up + I for one prefer a leader who leads and inspires those around him

what would you prefer he said " the boys need to work harder"?