Killie Trust SGM

shug

For the avoidance of doubt on this one folks, the Trust have been presented with the following request;

“The Members of the Kilmarnock Supporters’ Society Ltd wish the Board to support the proposal, using the Society's entire shareholding in Kilmarnock Football Club Limited, for an Extraordinary General Meeting of Kilmarnock Football Club Limited which will undertake a vote of no confidence in Michael Johnston (Director, Kilmarnock Football Club Ltd).”

In other words the Trust are being asked to offer their shares as a means to get the call for an EGM of the football club over the line. It is not a request to support any motion at an EGM or not.

How is the vote decided, just on the result from the votes cast, or do no shows count as a no(MJ style??).

I only ask as I was once a trust member, but may have lapsed.

Would hate to think my abstention (if I am a member), counted against the motion ?

keenan, it looks like there isn't, so the Trust have been approached by some members to put a case and have a vote for their shares to be used to get an EGM called.

Given that the Trust is an apolitical organisation, it has been reactive rather than pro-active here. Members are perfectly entitled to call such a meeting to let members vote on this and a democratic process will be followed.

33 minutes ago, keenan said:

Am I right in saying that there are enough Kilmarnock FC share holders coming together to hold and EGM without having to involve the Kilmarnock Supporters’ Society ?

There was some debate around this after to speaking to legal experts. 

We think we have but with the Trust  shares added it's not even up for debate as we;ll have easily enough shares. 

Plunkit is right, if you join after the notice was issued you've missed the boat on this one. Chubbs we are in the process of getting a new membership system put in place that should allow members to update their own details etc. and handle payments more effectively...its been many months in the execution (someone recently brought to my attention that the 'new' KillieFC.com is nearly a year old) but hopefully the end is in sight and we can can finally breathe a sigh of relief when it goes on line.

Meanwhile, we still need to increase the membership numbers and it would be good to do that on the basis that fans see the point in joining now and not just as a side issue when we launch the Trust in Killie initiative. I can't think of any reasons why every fan wouldn't want to be a member of the Trust. It has been difficult not having the Trust desk at RP on a match day and I think that is part of the reason quite a few people have lapsed memberships. I'm probably going to be out and about with membership forms this Saturday if anyone wants to sign up (again) and doesn't want to do it online...probably somewhere in the town centre...although a pub crawl starting at the Kadi and working down the town might be the result! Get in touch if you want me to be anywhere specific and I'll try and fit it in.

Could this jeapordise the Trust in Killie deal that the Trust have been working on with the club. 

I want nothing more than MJ away from the club, so would  be better to get a seat on the  board and we will definitely know what is going on. Fight him from the inside. 

23 minutes ago, Killiegh said:

Could this jeapordise the Trust in Killie deal that the Trust have been working on with the club. 

I want nothing more than MJ away from the club, so would  be better to get a seat on the  board and we will definitely know what is going on. Fight him from the inside. 

There is the chance of that, which will be explained to any Trust member at the SGM and has already been explained to some of those members who requested the SGM initially. The bottom line here is that all the Trust has been asked to do is back calling for a club EGM so that one goes ahead...if our members democratically vote to do that, then we have to abide by the majorities wishes. Having been in talks with directors about the Trust in Killie initiative I think it is clear that they are aware of the situation and appreciate what happens is out of our hands...well those that are in favour of having a Trust representative on board certainly are.

3 hours ago, baz said:

Plunkit is right, if you join after the notice was issued you've missed the boat on this one. Chubbs we are in the process of getting a new membership system put in place that should allow members to update their own details etc. and handle payments more effectively...its been many months in the execution (someone recently brought to my attention that the 'new' KillieFC.com is nearly a year old) but hopefully the end is in sight and we can can finally breathe a sigh of relief when it goes on line.

Meanwhile, we still need to increase the membership numbers and it would be good to do that on the basis that fans see the point in joining now and not just as a side issue when we launch the Trust in Killie initiative. I can't think of any reasons why every fan wouldn't want to be a member of the Trust. It has been difficult not having the Trust desk at RP on a match day and I think that is part of the reason quite a few people have lapsed memberships. I'm probably going to be out and about with membership forms this Saturday if anyone wants to sign up (again) and doesn't want to do it online...probably somewhere in the town centre...although a pub crawl starting at the Kadi and working down the town might be the result! Get in touch if you want me to be anywhere specific and I'll try and fit it in.

Baz, I didn't get notification either, thought my membership was still active. Can someone send me form if I need to re-apply for membership. Thanks