Stop Press: NEW Teabar 'Menu'

virtuocity

i get people are not happy with the loss of the killie pie, I am too. The treatment of Brownings does appear unfair. However, if the new pies are decent and I am hungry I will eat them. On my travel back home I always bring a dozen Killie Pies with me to see me through (they taste great even after being frozen)  doubt the new pie will be joining them.

The club made a loss of £750k last year it needs every penny. This move on pie gate may cost them even more, I doubt it will be filling MJ`s bank balance.

6 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

The club made a loss of £750k last year it needs every penny. This move on pie gate may cost them even more, I doubt it will be filling MJ`s bank balance.

This is the bit that doesn't make sense.

There is no chance the club will have as good a deal as they had with Brownings. 

Nose off to spite face.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

This is the bit that doesn't make sense.

There is no chance the club will have as good a deal as they had with Brownings. 

Nose off to spite face.

Not sure what does not make sense? Only time will tell if it makes financial sense to the club or not. But I am not going to refuse buying a pie just because the money goes to the club instead of Brownings (though Brownings obviously paid for the right to sell them)? 

2 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Not sure what does not make sense? Only time will tell if it makes financial sense to the club or not. But I am not going to refuse buying a pie just because the money goes to the club instead of Brownings (though Brownings obviously paid for the right to sell them)? 

Brownings deal got the club over £500,000 over 4 ( i think years).

The club have said they have other suppliers now. Brownings deal (like QTS) was a generous deal in the clubs favour as they were supporters of the club and paid more than market value for their rights.

Brownings obvously got publicity but i'd be amazed if they made much (if any profit) out of the deal at RP with average crowds of 4,000. That'a a lot of pies to sell in order to recoup £100,000+ fees in profit each season. 

We know how much Brownings offered the club, i'd like to think the club would be transparent wth the new super dooper deal and let us know how much more beneficial it is than the previous deal in next years annual returns. But, it;ll be as clear as mud. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Brownings deal got the club over £500,000 over 4 ( i think years).

The club have said they have other suppliers now. Brownings deal (like QTS) was a generous deal in the clubs favour as they were supporters of the club and paid more than market value for their rights.

Brownings obvously got publicity but i'd be amazed if they made much (if any profit) out of the deal at RP with average crowds of 4,000. That'a a lot of pies to sell in order to recoup £100,000+ fees in profit each season. 

We know how much Brownings offered the club, i'd like to think the club would be transparent wth the new super dooper deal and let us know how much more beneficial it is than the previous deal in next years annual returns. But, it;ll be as clear as mud. 

This has been done to death on another thread, maybe on the old site? I have/had no problem with Brownings making a profit from it outisde Kilmarnock as long as the deal KFC got was fair/reasonable. It is a shame we have the lost the old killie pie at Rugby Park but there you go. Hopefully if the rumours are true about MJ going then John Gall could be tempted back and all will be well. 

Scotch pie would be nice if it wasn't for the grease. Nice flavouring. Once I squeezed out the grease. The meat was lumped into middle of case. Meat and casing both impregnated with grease. 3/10 grease lets it down badly.

Killie pie Chock full of meat. Nae gravy. Tastes like the water it was cooked in. Like a We Hae Meat one. By the end, the lack of gravy was noticable. In a bad way. Needed plenty drink to wash it doon. 6/10 Room for imrovement. Can't fault the meat to case ratio.

Sausage roll. Sweet baby jesus! Didn't think it was possible, but this sausage roll is worse than last season! (Sorry John. Your pies are good. But your sausage rolls were bowfing) Stodgy greasy muck. Akin to the utter drek you get from Greggs. Avoid at all costs 0/10 & may god have mercy on my soul. I'm still tasting it.

As expected. Nae macaroni. If you're a veggie. It's crisps & chocolate. If you're vegan. There's....errr...ummm... thin air.

Drink. Soft drink still dispensed from bottles. Warm flat Irn Bru...tastes as good as it sounds.

They were actually selling bottles of water. No. Really! Like no one ever heard of the criminal justice scotland act. Nae controlled containers. Y'know. Bottles! Stewards sent them back to get it decanted into cups.

The question was asked about suppliers. We don't know & shoulder shrug was the response.

I'm sure they can work on it during the season. But unless you want to drive the porcelain bus/pray at the alter of Armitage & Shanks. Stay well clear of the sausage rolls.

Not going to partake in a pie this season after the treatment of Gall.

Went to teabar at the Moffat end about 5 minutes before half time.

Asked for an irn bru and Mars bar. Guy beside me asked for a pie, was told there was no pies left.  No pepper available. Girl seemed absolutely clueless.

Went back to my seat and I had been given diet irn bru, flat diet irn bru.

Shambolic team performance.

Tea Bar just as bad.

No pies left before half time.

Wish they sold out their sausage rolls, worst thing I've tasted at Kilmarnock. I'll do without rather than buy one of these again.

Missed the pepper for my Bovril but tasty, Not major like the other two 'teething problems'.

While getting served the First Aid supervisor came for her team's pies/drinks ( I assume they have been complimentary in the past).  She was turned away empty handed.

Got a Pepsi pre match. It was poured from the remainder of three different bottles. It wasn't anywhere near flat but you could tell it wasn't from a fresh bottle. At £2 a pop I'd have liked a fresh bottle and I'm presuming the cup size is why there were remnants in some bottles so bigger containers required. 

Didnt have food but what I saw being served didnt look as appealing as previous products. I did laugh when a guy asked for a steak pie only to be told they only had Scotch pies or Killie Pies.

25 minutes ago, piffer said:

I did laugh when a guy asked for a steak pie only to be told they only had Scotch pies or Killie Pies.

I saw the same thing happen, didn't find it funny as the kids serving haven't any idea about the pettiness of some people when it comes to a Killie pie. If ye don't want to order a Killie pie then don't go to the tea bar. If ye want a "steak pie" then ask for a Killie pie, which in my opinion was better than Brownings effort and I like a pie or two. :12:

6 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

My "Killie Pie" strangely tasted really good, agree also that I did not burn my mouth or that it did not fall apart, not sure how others had Flat irn bru, the lad opened the 330ml bottle and poured it into a cup, fizzy it was!

I did not see anyone open a bottle for mine. Mine seemed to be one they had made earlier... passed to me by someone not even serving me.  This could also be the reason that I was served Diet when I asked for normal Irn Bru.

Kids always look forward too halftime pie although daughter did have reservations about nae (real) Killie pies. First half so poor I left my seat in FB stand at 15.26 tobe told at 15.33 NO PIES left. Sausage rolls looked bottom so didnae bother. Would normally have spent between £9 and £12 on grub for 3 of us but walked away disgusted,frustrated but not in the least bit surprised. Align that to the performance and a woeful day around. I was so positive beforehand but now overwhelmed with negativity as per. 57 year old and very sad about our plight