Berwick match

skygod

Coming back from 2-0 down is bound to build a bit of confidence as it's clearly not something we do very often - I certainly couldn't remember the last time. 

But it is concerning when the manager says for the third consecutive game against lower league opposition that the performance isn't good enough. Hopefully we will see a big improvement on Saturday. 

41 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I watched the highlights of last night, all pulled together by Berwick,from what I watched we were absolutely all over them, yes the final touch is missing but we are attacking at pace with numbers, hopefully get through and kick on from there

I can assure you that having been there, that were far from all over them.

We edged the game and did well to come back but we were far from all over them, no matter what the highlights show. 

Ask Con, Craw, Hayes or big Tetley next time you're in the Kadi! 

We were much better 2nd half but IMO those highlights are kind to us and especially to the likes of Dicker and Smith! 

I agree with Squirrelhumper , It looks like McKenzie had a decent game but I think he personally edited those highlights, as he was mince.

Smith,  big Josh and Dicker were not much better.

Smith needs the armband taking off him and possibly moved to midfield.

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I can assure you that having been there, that were far from all over them.

We edged the game and did well to come back but we were far from all over them, no matter what the highlights show. 

Ask Con, Craw, Hayes or big Tetley next time you're in the Kadi! 

We were much better 2nd half but IMO those highlights are kind to us and especially to the likes of Dicker and Smith! 

Would the 4 mentioned not have been partaking of ALE ? I agree with kbp looked as if it was all killie---- anyway we won 

Big Miles Addison should be captain. I could hear him shouting at the players during the game, spuring them on and on players cases when not doing their job.

On the flip side, Smith who is captain...Didn't hear him once, saw pointing about but that was about it and as we all know he is poor.

58 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Looking at the 8 tables with one game remaining, we are the worst second placed team based on points and goal difference. It seems unlikely we will leapfrog 4 others to finish as one of the 4 best placed runners up now, and we can't expect Morton to lose at home to Berwick so looks like an uphill struggle.

Don't agree , there are final matches featuring group top 2 and other difficult away games for those in contention . I predict any win will capture one of the places

12 hours ago, casual observer said:

Looking at the 8 tables with one game remaining, we are the worst second placed team based on points and goal difference. It seems unlikely we will leapfrog 4 others to finish as one of the 4 best placed runners up now, and we can't expect Morton to lose at home to Berwick so looks like an uphill struggle.

If all the relevant teams win their games then one group will have a runner up with 10pts .... but two will only have 8pts thus  leaving 5 groups where they might end up with 9pts.

Taking goal difference into account it would look like we really need to score 4-5 to be in with a shout ..... But I can't see all those teams winning in 90mins.

It ain't over till Hippo sings !!

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

If all the relevant teams win their games then one group will have a runner up with 10pts .... but two will only have 8pts thus  leaving 5 groups where they might end up with 9pts.

Taking goal difference into account it would look like we really need to score 4-5 to be in with a shout ..... But I can't see all those teams winning in 90mins.

It ain't over till Hippo sings !!

Looking at the groups if we win just 1-0 on Saturday, we would need 4 of the 7 permutations below to happen in order for us to miss out...

Group A - Peterhead win at Dumbarton

Group B - Stirling win at St Johnstone

Group C - Inverness take 2 points of Arbroath and Dundee Utd take 2 off Dunfermline (or Dunfermline win).

Group D - Raith take 1 point at home to Alloa

Group E - QOS beat Stenny at home.

Group F - Motherwell win at Stranraer (or Stranraer win by more than a goal).

Group G - St Mirren beat Edinburgh City at home.

4 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Looking at the groups if we win just 1-0 on Saturday, we would need 4 of the 7 permutations below to happen in order for us to miss out...

Group C - Inverness take 2 points of Arbroath and Dundee Utd take 2 off Dunfermline (or Dunfermline win).

Right....

Easy!

49 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Groups C,E,F and G seem pretty likely tbf

I'd rather we spanked rovers by 5 or so to take that out the equation.

1 hour ago, Fankle said:

Group A - Peterhead win at Dumbarton -- wouldn't matter as 2nd would have 8pts

Group B - Stirling win at St Johnstone -- -- wouldn't matter as 2nd would have 8pts if Brechin beat Falkirk

Group C - Inverness take 2 points of Arbroath and Dundee Utd take 2 off Dunfermline (or Dunfermline win). -- RU could get 10 pts

Group D - Raith take 1 point at home to Alloa -- Raith would have +2gd ... Raith on pens would give both 10pts.

Group E - QOS beat Stenny at home. -- gd of +4 at least unless Partick get beat which would be +4max.

Group F - Motherwell win at Stranraer (or Stranraer win by more than a goal). -- again would be min gd of +4

Group G - St Mirren beat Edinburgh City at home. -- StM would be 9pts +0, Hamilton win would be 9pts +5, Ayr 9pts +3

Groupd G could see the d@rkies miss out with 9points which I think would be a surprise ..... while we could actually have two groups with the runners up getting 10pts.

It's going to be like the last couple of weeks of the season continually working out scenarios as a goal goes in at another ground

45 minutes ago, KIlliedaft1957 said:

Best one though was when we were 4 down to Eintract Frankfort and scored 5 to win 5-4 on agg, however, maybe not many of you were there (or born). I was there and it was, obviously, one of my Killie memories.

I'll throw in the 4-4 draw with Raith Rovers at RP when we trailed 0-4 at HT.

Only Raith Rovers perhaps, but they had that season's Player of the Year in Gordon Wallace.

The fairytale twist is that Walter McCrae controversially named Frank Beattie as our (only) substitute and brought him on at HT.

39 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Groupd G could see the d@rkies miss out with 9points which I think would be a surprise ..... while we could actually have two groups with the runners up getting 10pts.

It's going to be like the last couple of weeks of the season continually working out scenarios as a goal goes in at another ground

Ah right enough, I was in too much of a hurry there. We can discount groups A and B then.

So only 2 from 5 outcomes need to go in our favour if we win. Even better odds :D