Something to brighten your weekend troops.....

Squirrelhumper

Round of applause to all the guys who have gotten us this far. He may not be gone yet but certainly seems to be the closest we have ever gotten to getting rid of him. 

The champagne corks aren't ready to be popped, but I think we can put it on ice for when the moment does come. 

Also regarding MJ and the bank, the bank will have no say on who can and cannot sit on our board of directors. They will however have a say on the minimum period the shares need to be held before they can be sold without the bank being entitled to a good cut of any profits. This would have been agreed at time of the debt restructuring deal, to ensure they do not lose face by having someone turn a profit within a reasonable period of time that if the bank had held on could have been used to service the debt. 

MJ, loving the perks that comes from being a board member has twisted this to state he has to be on the board before he can sell his shares. I don't believe these two things are mutually exclusive, he just wants to remain on the gravy train before he cashes in his pension. 

You can all take a guess when the bank penalties will be dropped and MJ is free to sell his shares and keep all of the loot. Until then we are stuck with Michael Johnstone being a significant shareholder in Kilmarnock Football Club, however we do not need to have Michael Johnstone also functioning as a board member of the club in this period and hopefully the EGM when it takes place will sort that out for us.  

I will drive down from darkest Lanarkshire and purchase two season tickets the minute I get conformation that he is gone.

I know of at least 3 others who will also renew but not till he is gone.

Will the 29th July now be an official bank holiday in Kilmarnockshire  ?

11 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Beware! Could he have some clause with the bank that means he has to remain in order that the debts are not invoked?
Just a thought.

Don't believe what rat man said at the supporters club meeting, I believe the only stipulation will be he can't sell his shares till 2019, there is no way the bank would stipulate he has to remain on the board..... This smacks of desperation on his part to cling to the freeloading he profits from on match days.

Edited by C4mmy31

3 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Let's all hope this is not a false dawn on two respects ___number one it is true! ___And number two all the lapsed investors and fans who have stayed away because of him honour their promises to return to our great club!!

hope you will see a big upturn in season ticket sales if this is ture

44 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

hope you will see a big upturn in season ticket sales if this is ture

Unfortunately we won't. The same people who use MJ as an excuse used Jim Jefferies appointment before... next it'll be Lee Clark playing too many English players as a reason not to attend.

We all want rid of MJ but a majority maintained their support of the team whilst working hard in the background to get to a position where it looks like he will finally leave. The 3,000 others that have vanished and content shopping with the Mrs at a weekend won't return until the club is challenging at the upper end of the table. 

20 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Unfortunately we won't. The same people who use MJ as an excuse used Jim Jefferies appointment before... next it'll be Lee Clark playing too many English players as a reason not to attend.

We all want rid of MJ but a majority maintained their support of the team whilst working hard in the background to get to a position where it looks like he will finally leave. The 3,000 others that have vanished and content shopping with the Mrs at a weekend won't return until the club is challenging at the upper end of the table. 

Completely agree. Might be some improvement but i dont see it being a significant one. 

Its like Man City and Leceister, all these other people came out the woodworks when they became successful. Id luv to see us become successful but i would be bitter towards glory hunters all of a sudden buying season tickets, although it would obviously be good for the club.

I still think the 'five year clause' will be more to do with stopping individuals from profiting immediately from the sale of shares than any liability falling on the club.  I'd also wager that the only tax penalty would be Capital Gains Tax for the individual making the sale

43 minutes ago, KTIDanny85 said:

Completely agree. Might be some improvement but i dont see it being a significant one. 

Its like Man City and Leceister, all these other people came out the woodworks when they became successful. Id luv to see us become successful but i would be bitter towards glory hunters all of a sudden buying season tickets, although it would obviously be good for the club.

I was a bit bitter when bobby fleeting brought out all the glory hunters and they stole my regular parking space 2 mins from the groundxD still, mj fixed that............