Betfred League Cup, Rugby Park, July 18th 2017
No. of Shots
Shots on Target
|Goals||McKenzie 7 & 68",
Thomas 54' & 59'
Ramsay 10, Nicol 11'
Kilmarnock (4-5-1) Jamie MacDonald, Dom Thomas, Kirk Broadfoot, Daniel Higgins , Greg Taylor, Iain Wilson, Alan Power, (Chris Burke 45'), Rory McKenzie, Jordan Jones, Adam Frizzell, Kris Boyd
Substitutes: Curtis Lyle, Stephen O'Donnell, Scott Boyd, Calum Waters, Alex Samizadeh, William Graham.
Unknown @ Rugby Park
Dom Thomas was the hero for Kilmarnock as he scored a double to rescue three points for Lee McCulloch's side against Clyde in the Betfred Cup .
It was the home side who drew first blood in this one after seven minutes when Rory McKenzie cracked in a fine low shot from 10 yards.
Killie's joy was short lived as they found themselves 2-1 down inside 11 minutes. Darren Ramsay crashed a high shot into the net for the equaliser on 10 minutes and within 60 seconds Kevin Nicol had powered home a superb header.
The hosts made it 2-2 on 54 minutes when ex- Motherwell man Thomas netted his first goal for his new club. Five minutes later Killie were ahead and it was that man Thomas who inflicted the damage once again. The 21-year-old winger hit a superb low curling drive into the bottom of the net.
McKenzie then grabbed his second of the game when he hammered home a sweet half-volley.
Lee McCulloch: "To Follow"
All images © Sandy Ferguson and should not be reproduced without his permission
Where we collect this information
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data, using Google Analytics normally but on occasion other aggregation tools that advise us about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
● whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
● if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us or by clicking unsubscribe where available.
We undertake that third parties will only include businesses that support our business and your stay such as travel providers, visitor attractions, event providers and others directly related to our business offering.
Our Website and In House Data Collection Policy
What we collect
● name and job title
● contact information including email address
● demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
● other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
When consent is given to use the information for marketing and communication purposes it is used for the following reasons:
● We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
● From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you using your provided email address for market research purposes.
This Web Site belongs to Killie FC.
the material may not be used for commercial purposes;