Match Statistics

Crusaders Killie

No. of Shots

? ?

Shots on Target

? ?


50% 50%

Fouls Conceded

? ?

Corners Won

? ?


None None
Goals None

Boyd (20)
Findlay (33)
Magennis (76)
McKenzie (87)


Killie Team

21: Jamie MacDonald, 03: Steven Smith,
04: Jamie Hamill (14: Mark OHara), 05: Stuart Findlay (25: Adam Hodge),
07: Rory McKenzie, 08: Scott Robinson (19: Craig Slater),
09: Kris Boyd, 11: Kallum Higginbotham (23: Greg Kiltie),
12: Darryl Westlake (02: Ross Barbour), 18: Lee Ashcroft,
20: Dale Carrick (28: Josh Magennis)

Subs Not Used: 31: Devlin McKay.


Match Report

Chris Kyle @ Seaview

Killie travelled to a breezy Seaview stadium followed by a vocal travelling support to play Crusaders, who rested many first team players due to an upcoming second-leg match in the Champions League qualifying round. Locke's men got the game underway and it was to be a frustrating opening to the match with Crusaders proving a difficult test for the Killie back four, but any advance on goal was smoothly dealt with. The frustration didn't last long as Killie took the lead on the 20th minute. Higginbotham was brought down just outside the box and it was Killie's number nine Kris Boyd who took the free kick early and curled the ball into the net.

After the opening goal Kilmarnock continued to look sharp, playing some slick football and passing the ball well in the centre of the park. Just over the half hour mark and Killie had an excellent chance to make it 2-0. Robinson had an effort bound for goal but was superbly blocked by the Crusaders defence. Three minutes later and Killie got a well deserved second, and what a goal it was. The impressive Findlay did a great solo run into the box, did a '1-2' with Boyd and slotted the ball past the keeper, much to the delight of the travelling support. Just before the half time whistle Crusaders nearly got a goal back, but Jamie MacDonald saved well down to his left.

Killie waited until just after the hour mark to have another effort on goal, and it couldn't have been any closer to going over the line. Magennis played the ball to Kiltie who unleashed a rocket of a shot which rattled the underside of the crossbar and back off the line. The bar was still shaking when the blue & white of Ayrshire made it 3-0. A sublime ball from Boyd to Magennis, who made no mistake in slotting the ball beyond the diving keeper.

Three minutes before time and Killie rounded off the game with a fourth. Stevie Smith crossed in a delightful ball, which was met by the head of a prolific McKenzie to make it 4-0 and his 4th goal in 3 games. Overall it was a commanding performance by Killie who played some silky football and looked strong going into Tuesday's match at Rugby Park against Barnsley.


Hotshots | League Table | Squad | Fixtures


All images © Sandy Ferguson and should not be reproduced without his permission

Image Gallery

Share this page: