April 2016

April 2016

No. of Shots

18 5

Shots on Target

8 2


48% 52%

Fouls Conceded

9 9

Corners Won

5 3


Goals Broadfoot 53, Kusunga O.G. 66
Stewart 78
Miller 90

Killie Team

Bachmann, O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor, Burke, (Kiltie 87), Dicker, Power, Jones, Stewart, Brophy, (Ndojoli 87).
Subs Not Used: MacDonald, McKenzie, Tshbola, S Boyd, K Boyd

Attendance: 4,668

Man of the Match Vote

Match Recap

Manager Steve Clarke said before kick-off he wanted to see a reaction from his Kilmarnock players following last week's 5-1 defeat at Celtic Park and the Ayrshire side created the vast majority of the chances.

Eamonn Brophy claimed unsuccessfully for a penalty after being crowded out just inside the box and later went close with two free-kicks while Stewart fired over and drew saves from Jack Hamilton.

But Killie did not completely boss the game with Miller contriving to fire wide of the hosts' goal at a free-kick and Jesse Curran and Boyle denied by home goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann in quick succession.

Stephen O'Donnell came very close to scoring an own goal, diverting the ball wide after Curran had just failed to connect with a Miller cross.

When the breakthrough came, it was unspectacular but welcome for Kilmarnock. A corner from the right made it all the way to the back post and Broadfoot forced the ball over the line.

Kusunga then converted Brophy's teasing cross into his own net, before Boyle gifted the sparkling Chris Burke possession in the build-up to a simple Greg Stewart finish.
Miller scored in stopage time for the visitors after Broadfoot could not cut out an awckward cross. 


Steve Clarke:  "Thirty-four points after 18 games is a really good points-per-game return and if we can continue that until the end of the season then we'll finish with somewhere between 60 and 70 points, which would be a remarkable achievement.

"It was a good win and it was important to bounce back immediately after the disappointment of last week. We probably dropped our standards a little bit last week and we were punished for it heavily by a good team.

"I didn’t say too much at half time to be honest. I thought the first half was a little bit open, we conceded too many chances and we put that right in the second half and defended well.
"It took a scrappy little goal to get us in front but once we did then we never looked back. Once the game opened up properly, we could sit in and we played some terrific stuff as we found that space in midfield."

Hotshots | League Table | Squad Fixtures | Managers Comments

Image Gallery

Share this page: