Club Shop

Jedi2

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

I was a bit disappointed with the picture of the whisky glass next to souvenirs, to then find it wasn't actually for sale...

Same with the wooly hat as well...

It would be interesting to know who on the board signed off on the site prior to launch. It all seems very rushed and blatantly don't have someone with a commercial/marketing background involved.

8 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

I was a bit disappointed with the picture of the whisky glass next to souvenirs, to then find it wasn't actually for sale...

Same for woolly hat, shown but not available. 

they could do with shutting down the website for a few days then relaunch properly.

they’ve had plenty comments and feedback 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

View the MARINE CORE FOOTALL PANT online at Kilmarnock Football Club

"Marine Core Footall (sic) Pant"

At least Marine is correct but it should be "Corp".

I know American women talk about a "pant suit", but trousers should always be "pants". 

Looks like the descriptions were written in the same place as the garments were made. 

It’s the Footall bit that gets me , I honestly can’t believe what I’ve seen tonight

The site looks rushed. Again making the club look amateurish. Creased clothes, some wonky pictures which look like they have been taken on a phone.  Why oh why can we not get things right! 

I’m sure there will be a decent photographer out there that could have came in and taken photos of some of the players wearing the kit to show it off. Would have looked so much better. 

7 hours ago, Arderkilliesier said:

Underwhelmed is an understatement re, the presentation and paying process...vector in the sponsor on the training gear...why...but worst of all putting the kilmarnockpie.com on  the back of the shirts will be a bit of a commercial disaster...if someones a bit portly you can just here the who ate all the pies comments....sorry Killie you've just lost a couple of shirt sales as my lads won't wear them and they are slim... 

Piss off and support Man Utd or something, you prick.

The website and training gear is s**te, but your attitude is a million times worse.

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

That polo looks like a charity shop number. Horrific presentation. 
Remember a comment a couple of weeks back when someone claimed the Hamilton Tarmac logo on the front of the training kits was simple but smart. It looks f**king terrible. 
The Hummel training gear is basic at best, it looks terrible in the pictures and the sponsor doesn’t help. Wouldn’t look out of place in the Amateurs. 

97A5EBC4-BE50-4866-9C2A-DE5A10D44CA9.png

just had another look, the badge looks like a sticker, and the collar is black! 

Legitimately embarrassing.

Why not delay until they have the required photographs, products, marketing and payment software tried & tested instead of this “wee guy selling Turkish fakes from his back bedroom” style to it? If I remember correctly as retail, this falls under Phyllis McLeish’s remit. If so, she should be embarrassed and asked what she is actually bringing to the organisation. 

29 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

A shambles it may be.....but it has given us one of the funniest threads in years! 

Yes, it has and some of the comments on Twitter are very funny, but who are we laughing at ? Unfortunately, our club which we care deeply about and it shouldn't be like this. We've been given enough assurances in the past about how things are going to improve and yet again we have failed to capitalise on what should be our most commercially important time of the year. Relations between the club and fans is probably at it's best for some time, but the board need to accept that this is a major PR failure and do their best to rectify what they can from the shambles that it is at present. 

What a huge feck up.

The commercial team and ultimately whoever is acting general manager should be hammered for this.

1 - the site was unable to deal with the "heavy load" of traffic.

2 - Amateur hour when it comes to modelling goods

3 - The shop should have been pulled immediately given the financial issues being caused for customers. If this was known and we as a club did nothing about it, then heads should roll.

4 - The go live had already been delayed weeks and still went live with bugs.

You CANNOT treat your fans as fodder. The attitude of "it's only impacted a few" is not acceptable given some customers were being charged THOUSANDS of pounds!!

Covid and Furloughed may be utilised as excuses for this messy go live but there is no excuse for negligence and lack of professionalism.

Anyone involved in any way with design of kits, training wear and websites should just be binned. Recruit a university student with no football knowledge to redesign everything as a project and you couldn’t get any worse. 

the club shop was awful before today so today is not really any surprise. Clowns 

9 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

97A5EBC4-BE50-4866-9C2A-DE5A10D44CA9.png

just had another look, the badge looks like a sticker, and the collar is black! 

Horrendous.  WTAF are the commercial dept thinking about? 

Not many people are going to want to walk about advertising a pie website on their back.

The training gear looks like something ordered off of Wish.com.  @Lroy could have knocked up a logo for Hamilton Tarmac in 5 mins.

In difficult times, the launch of a club shop, with a slick new website, tempting products and an efficient payment interface shouldn’t be beyond the reach of a top flight football club, but once again we surpass ourselves.  Nice touch trying to bankrupt those stupid enough to attempt to buy the s**te they’re slinging.

Got to laugh.

54 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Looks like someone has had their balls booted and edited the photos

900F8182-F861-4EE6-9458-759A3395F401.png

82EA2F16-D2A7-4775-8BBA-159628F3F3A8.png

Rather than actually try and improve the full presentation, all they’ve done is crop the mannequin’s baws out and saturate the colour on the top to make it look vibrant. 

They’ve done the same with the colour on the shorts but not actually bothered to iron out the creases or fix the s**tty pictures. 

Completely amateur. I hate moaning about trivial things but the state of our shops does my f**king head in. It’s such a basic thing to get right and we consistently fail and just sweep it under the carpet. 

Can’t wait to see the clusterf**k of the physical shop when we are allowed back. 

1 hour ago, virtuocity said:

Horrendous.  WTAF are the commercial dept thinking about? 

Not many people are going to want to walk about advertising a pie website on their back.

The training gear looks like something ordered off of Wish.com.  @Lroy could have knocked up a logo for Hamilton Tarmac in 5 mins.

In difficult times, the launch of a club shop, with a slick new website, tempting products and an efficient payment interface shouldn’t be beyond the reach of a top flight football club, but once again we surpass ourselves.  Nice touch trying to bankrupt those stupid enough to attempt to buy the s**te they’re slinging.

Got to laugh.

With all due respect that is Hamilton Tarmac's logo. You can hardly say thanks for your cash but can you do something about your primary school kid with a crayon logo!

8 hours ago, kildog said:

Legitimately embarrassing.

The POLO shirt looks like a corporate shirt that companies buy for low prices and get their Logo on it. I mean for £35 you can get a high quality Golf shirt. 

Edited by Bigdaw

17 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

With all due respect that is Hamilton Tarmac's logo. You can hardly say thanks for your cash but can you do something about your primary school kid with a crayon logo!

This is very true, however I really hope the value of sponsorship was worth it......

11 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The next step in the process is a Trust meeting where Cathy explains why it was unavoidable and promises we’ll learn from our mistakes. 

Agreed but it shouldn't be accepted this time, the entire thing has been a s**t show and sadly all very predictable. 

Still can't get my head round the fact we haven't offered a pre order on the new kits. When you look at the likes of Rangers offering a pre order from the 1st of the July for delivery on the 1st of August. They sold around 50k tops with the majority going for £60 each. I know we don't sell anything like that but even 1000 at £45 brings in £45K straight away. Such a simple but effective thing to do.