Club Shop

Jedi2

13 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Still can't get my head round the fact we haven't offered a pre order on the new kits. When you look at the likes of Rangers offering a pre order from the 1st of the July for delivery on the 1st of August. They sold around 50k tops with the majority going for £60 each. I know we don't sell anything like that but even 1000 at £45 brings in £45K straight away. Such a simple but effective thing to do.

Wouldn't it bring in £4,500,000?? If we sold 1000

Or has that aspect been fixed?

Whoever is/was in charge of the shop project needs emptied, director or not.

Absolutely shambolic yet again, so clearly zero lessons have been learned after that pathetic attempt by the club to celebrate our 150th anniversary.

This is just the latest in a long line of own goals which needs to be addressed, thou based on their track record, I won't hold my breath.....

1 hour ago, Killiepie said:

Still can't get my head round the fact we haven't offered a pre order on the new kits. When you look at the likes of Rangers offering a pre order from the 1st of the July for delivery on the 1st of August. They sold around 50k tops with the majority going for £60 each. I know we don't sell anything like that but even 1000 at £45 brings in £45K straight away. Such a simple but effective thing to do.

I'm really struggling to get my head round this as well. 

If Hummell, or more likely Killie, cannot honour a 3 week lead time on pre-orders of football tops then we have a bit of a problem.

We have furloughed a lot of non-playing staff, so I will have to give the club the benefit of the doubt.  But it is just another example of basic things going way wrong.

Motherwell, St Mirren and Dundee to name but 3 all have the option to pre-order kits- I am sure they have also furloughed non paying staff. 

The club put a lot of effort into the kit launches, with a good buzz on social media etc.  To not build on this good work with a pre-order option for a flagship product(s) is bordering on negligent.  

I appreciate its hardly the new PS5 we are selling, but if they had a pre-order option yesterday they'd have had a massive spike in one-day sales.  Easy money in a time of need.

I'd be interested to hear the clubs logic on this one.

Had a browse at some other clubs merch. What we offer is bitterly disappointing in comparison. Even a quick look at Hummel’s website it wouldn’t be too hard to put our branding on some of that gear which looks of better quality than we have.

Had high hopes given the disappointing range offered for the 150th but it’s clear little or no attention was paid to what the fans thought. 

did Everyone with issues re taking too much money get a direct E mail ?

would been helpful and good customer relations if the club had issued out a message via social channels apologising for the issues, comments had been taken on board and saying improvements are in hand ...

4 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I thought or home kit was supposed to be 'bespoke'? It's the same as Beith Juniors and Oldham Athletic only in a different colour scheme. 

I don't actually mind the fact that it's not bespoke. I mind the fact they told us that it is, when it's not. 

I don't know about the Beith strip. Oldham has nicked our design, or, more to the point, Hummel has, and given it to Oldham. Unless they asked permission from us, I'd expect words to be exchanged.

10 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I don't actually mind the fact that it's not bespoke. I mind the fact they told us that it is, when it's not. 

This is what Hummel told the club. The stripe design was created in-house at Killie. The club are not happy with it being used elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Lroy said:

This is what Hummel told the club. The stripe design was created in-house at Killie. The club are not happy with it being used elsewhere.

The club better make sure that any contract signed with Hummel didn’t give away the rights to the design then. Could have restricted it’s use for 12 months or whatever. 

Edited by Maverick11