Club Shop

Jedi2

On 7/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, Wrangodog said:

I like the sleeveless puffer jacket that Paul Di Giacomo is wearing in the BBC interview, but it doesn't appear to be in the shop. 

There's nothing that folk with money burning a hole in their pocket want to buy in the shop!

What a let down after a big build up. I'd like to know what the reaction has been at the club to this s**t show.

Edited by Scooter

After last summer, we were told that lessons had been learned and, to be fair, changes have been made and appointments made.  

And the pandemic and the consequent furloughing and shedding of staff means that a little sympathy has to allowed this summer, I think. 

It's still a mystery where so much was spent last summer. Did the new pitch and lounges take priority over player recruitment? Did the appointment and termination of Alessio and his crew tie our hands? One way or another, the team on the pitch lacked the quality that Stewart, Bachmann and Mulumbu had brought.   

Judging by the markets we're shopping in now, it looks like we have returned to pre-Clarke levels of recruitment.   

The solution might lie in new investment but either investors are no longer out there or BB has pulled up the drawbridge and likes the control too much to dilute. Who knows. 

The club does seem to need a new impetus if it's keep pace with competitors. Every club is feeling the pressures affecting most businesses and the outlook isn't great. Those which come through best will be those who raise their game and get creative on fan engagement.

Our Trust is a great asset which, with better support, could do even more. It's good that they have the board's trust and co-operate on projects.

Karen Costello, I'm sure, is still there and is the Covid champion.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

I honestly think this board have gotten off very, very lightly after overseeing some of the biggest calamities in recent history.

The Alessio appointment! And why get rid of him when we were comfortable despite him having no real time to get his side together.

The Alessio dismissal! What in the name of god happened there to create such a colossal reaction.

Tickets for Nomads Away, there was probably no way of not upsetting someone, but they were caught like rabbits in headlights.

The 150th Celebrations, one “do” at The Park Hotel. The home kit, the 150 commemorative “stripes” shirts, should they not have been retro Navy blue.?

Signing policies for Alessio, Dyer now Fowler and Dyer. A planned pre season friendly against Livingston cancelled because we cannot field a team???

Season Tickets, the lack of direction shown to continue an upward trend on the back of SC gaining third top, remember his speech? He couldn’t give us a trophy, but bye bye Rangers, bye bye Celtic, he gave us three stands full of Killie fans. The whole a Killie bounce was lost last season, by the look of things it will continue to drop away this season.

No early bird offers, no U16 free tickets, appointment of manager who didn’t even look interested in position, appointment of  Head of Football activities who may or may not have experience of dealing in such negotiations in his short career.

Club shop and kits, least said the better, if we have a Head of Marketing he/she should be shaking in their shoes tomorrow morning.

Karen Costello, remember her and the promises of expertise in something or other, is she still at the club or is she part of the outsourcing of Financial Control.

It pains me to say it, but if MJ was here overseeing these events all hell would have broken out, what we seem to have is Cathy getting as much information as the board will give her and using her obvious political skills in making things seem better than they really are.

I will count the numbers of Red Boxes as proof that we have become extremely apathetic to what is happening around the club. 

I’ve been saying this for a while. The acceptance of low standards is a real problem. 

33 minutes ago, skygod said:

After last summer, we were told that lessons had been learned and, to be fair, changes have been made and appointments made.  

And the pandemic and the consequent furloughing and shedding of staff means that a little sympathy has to allowed this summer, I think. 

It's still a mystery where so much was spent last summer. Did the new pitch and lounges take priority over player recruitment? Did the appointment and termination of Alessio and his crew tie our hands? One way or another, the team on the pitch lacked the quality that Stewart, Bachmann and Mulumbu had brought.   

Judging by the markets we're shopping in now, it looks like we have returned to pre-Clarke levels of recruitment.   

The solution might lie in new investment but either investors are no longer out there or BB has pulled up the drawbridge and likes to control too much to dilute. Who knows. 

The club does seem to need a new impetus if it's keep pace with competitors. Every club is feeling the pressures affecting most businesses and the outlook isn't great. Those which come through best will be those who raise their game and get creative on fan engagement.

Our Trust is a great asset which, with better support, could do even more. It's good that they have the board's trust and co-operate on projects.

At a Trust arranged meeting PM was asked about new investors and said they were happy with things as they are. I would assume they are not actively seeking investors and like to keep it as their own fiefdom at present. 

Just now, DuncD said:

Strongly disagree.

What was their excuse in previous years?

I'm not talking about previous years - I'm saying that they should be cut some slack this summer because of the pandemic.

If you're saying that they shouldn't be given some dispensation this year, then we'll have to disagree.

Everything the board touched last year turned into a complete and utter s**tshow but plenty of folk were willing to let them off because of what Steve Clarke had achieved the previous season.  Right now the whole world is dealing with an unforeseen crisis and learning (or not in some cases) how to deal with it and there has to be some leeway allowed because of that.... however there does appear to be some areas where they haven't learned lessons.

49 minutes ago, skygod said:

I'm not talking about previous years - I'm saying that they should be cut some slack this summer because of the pandemic.

If you're saying that they shouldn't be given some dispensation this year, then we'll have to disagree.

If you were selling items on eBay, Gumtree, or another site, would you present them as badly as the club shop did on Wednesday ? Surely somebody should have checked what was going on the site even if we were short staffed. 

From the highs of third place to a shambles of a club/team within 3 short months takes some doing. Rather than building on the best season in 50 yrs, we've actually managed to regress. Just remember we were in freefall before lockdown. Now amateur hour with the shop and merchandise. Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, skygod said:

We can disagree then.  

There are enough people out of work looking for jobs that I’m sure we could find somebody to get it right instead and not cut slack to workers who are meant to give a service WE are trying to pay for. 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

The solution might lie in new investment but either investors are no longer out there or BB has pulled up the drawbridge and likes the control too much to dilute. Who knows. 

Costello rejected a move to Chelsea.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

Dundee Utd and Motherwell’s online shops seem to have shaped up despite the pandemic. 

14 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

If you were selling items on eBay, Gumtree, or another site, would you present them as badly as the club shop did on Wednesday ? Surely somebody should have checked what was going on the site even if we were short staffed. 

I know this thread started as being about the club shop but kbp’s post broadened the scope far beyond that, and it was in that wider context that I referred to cutting the club some slack this summer. 

The presentation on the website was below acceptable standard - I think anybody could agree about that. 

Similarly the hundred-fold uplift on the charges, of which I was a victim, although this seems to have been the fault of MTC, the club’s e-commerce partner. 

Edited by skygod

15 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The masks look like a bit of cheap cloth in the picture, are they work a tenner? Someone give us a review... :ph34r:

They look nothing like the picture on the shop site, personally I like mine at think it's well made and I don't grudge the £10 price tag.