Return to training

Killiepies

Returning to training on 11th of June with an August start pencilled in .We  will be weeks if not months behind teams like Aberdeen,Hibs etc who have a full squad signed up .Are we just going to hope that any signings will be match fit and will be able to fit straight into the team .I doubt at the moment we could field a full team plus subs and that's before any injury so or suspensions kick in 

Seems to me we are about where we have been at the end of most recent seasons - needing a lot of new players - and we don't usually get a full squad until the transfer window closes at the end of August.

The difference this time is that we have no season ticket money in the bank.

45 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Returning to training on 11th of June with an August start pencilled in .We  will be weeks if not months behind teams like Aberdeen,Hibs etc who have a full squad signed up .Are we just going to hope that any signings will be match fit and will be able to fit straight into the team .I doubt at the moment we could field a full team plus subs and that's before any injury so or suspensions kick in 

I don’t see how you can say we’ll behind anyone given that all the clubs and all the players In Scotland have been in the same situation. 

We could sign 4 or 5 players from English clubs who would arguably be ahead of all players in Scotland.  

What is the solution to ensure we aren’t well behind others? Sign a whole load of players by the 11th despite having no income, little prospect of income and a pencilled only league start date, Covid containment dependant?  I’d rather be in our position with hundreds of out of contract players looking for a gig than having a first team squad already signed up. 

6 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Aberdeen were the first ones to top up their squads then go running to the press moaning about £1m per month loss that the SPFL/SFA should bail them out, it’s all about having the brashest conmen in charge at your club, we are low down the league in that too, for that I am pleased.

Aberdeen are doing my box in - that Cormack is full of sh!te.

I'd happy be rid of them, Hearts and Sevco due to their obvious financial dodginess/over-committals

Hopefully we have learned those lessons though.

Edited by dasboag

What’s are the additional costs going to be for returning to training. We are going to have to enforce social distancing around the stadium which will require a bit of work. What about testing? Do they have a plan for that yet? Will this come out of the clubs pockets as I don’t suspect the SPFL or SFA will be in a hurry to pay for anything and I wouldn’t expect the government to. 

21 minutes ago, zinger said:

Did you hear that clown Miller having another wee dig at us in yesterday's Sportsound. In discussing the problems to be faced in gearing up for the start of the new season, he once again highlighted his belief that some teams would be in no condition to do so, particular examples being St Johnstone ( he doesn't seem to like them either ) and of course Kilmarnock.   We do have few players under contract but the advantage of that in terms of ongoing finance exposure is clear. Equally clear is the availability of large numbers of out of contract players looking for a solid team to join.  Killie have been in the top Scottish League for 25 years ( despite Miller's annual prophesy of our relegation doom ) and I think an attractive option at this very difficult time.

Sportsound is becoming an Aberdeen PR exercise with Richard Gordon, Willie Miller ( failed "O" Level English student") ,Derek McInnes and Dave Cormack being full time employees by the sound of it.

Time for the BBC to wake up and for Mr Miller to shut up.

A quick check on transfermarket shows that Hamilton have 18 players out of contract as of 30th May , so I’d expect them to have bigger problems than us or St Johnstone . Miller has never forgiven us for getting him the sack. 

I believe £2 k a week was mentioned for training .Thats why the lower leagues were omitted wether they could afford it or not .It was also mentioned that the league could  lose Sky money if fixtures couldn't be fulfilled.I think the league are pressing for the 1st weekend in August and Septic are wanting a fixture list ASAP likely so they can fit in  a lucrative friendly somewhere 

3 hours ago, piffer said:

What’s are the additional costs going to be for returning to training. We are going to have to enforce social distancing around the stadium which will require a bit of work. What about testing? Do they have a plan for that yet? Will this come out of the clubs pockets as I don’t suspect the SPFL or SFA will be in a hurry to pay for anything and I wouldn’t expect the government to. 

The figure Germany stated was £250 per test, per match it works our in the region of £150k split between both teams. Realistically that money has to come from the clubs, no way government can be expected to help with this. With every game being televised you would think there is negotiation to be done around the extra games on TV, unfortunately Doncaster would lead these negotiations and give them away just to save the current deal. 

2 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

The figure Germany stated was £250 per test, per match it works our in the region of £150k split between both teams. Realistically that money has to come from the clubs, no way government can be expected to help with this. With every game being televised you would think there is negotiation to be done around the extra games on TV, unfortunately Doncaster would lead these negotiations and give them away just to save the current deal. 

You’d imagine that come August there will be much higher numbers of tests available and so cost should go down? 

23 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

The cost is not going to go down, if you owned a company would you be making tests cheaper when the demand is as high?

The SFA person on Sportsound said the money has more than halved what they originally thought taking it to around 2k a week. And it looks very likely that money is going to be provided by Uefa to foot some of that to all leagues everywhere because they are desperate to have European foot a in some form next season. 

The reason given, from what I followed was that it is now possible to buy apparatus that analyses the tests rather than paying a fee to send them off. I think this is what they've now done in England. The results would be available within an hour apparently. 

From what I've seen this is the model the English clubs are following. 

I was surprised by how many players we kept on and other clubs appear to be doing the same - that suggests to me they all have confidence in the cost of the system being manageable. 

5 hours ago, zinger said:

Did you hear that clown Miller having another wee dig at us in yesterday's Sportsound. In discussing the problems to be faced in gearing up for the start of the new season, he once again highlighted his belief that some teams would be in no condition to do so, particular examples being St Johnstone ( he doesn't seem to like them either ) and of course Kilmarnock.   We do have few players under contract but the advantage of that in terms of ongoing finance exposure is clear. Equally clear is the availability of large numbers of out of contract players looking for a solid team to join.  Killie have been in the top Scottish League for 25 years ( despite Miller's annual prophesy of our relegation doom ) and I think an attractive option at this very difficult time.

Sportsound is becoming an Aberdeen PR exercise with Richard Gordon, Willie Miller ( failed "O" Level English student") ,Derek McInnes and Dave Cormack being full time employees by the sound of it.

They have also recently developed an obsession with Ann Budge.

33 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

The cost is not going to go down, if you owned a company would you be making tests cheaper when the demand is as high?

Multiple different tests are now available from various companies along with the apparatus needed both for the tests and to get results...so the cost has come down from what it was say a month ago 

Edited by Scouser2

Even IF it's cheaper, the situation in Germany and England is that clubs are required to pay for ALL the tests. This includes broadcast teams, security, police and medical cover. Hence the cost projected was £250 x 300 people per match. Even halving that figure is astronomical to Scottish clubs, esp with little to no money coming in.

2 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

You’d imagine that come August there will be much higher numbers of tests available and so cost should go down? 

Billy Bowie quoted in todays Sunday Mail article on testing costs......

"Kilmarnock chairman Billy Bowie also doubts if the Rugby Park club could afford to test players and staff two or three times a week at around £50 per head each time.

He said: “If it comes to that, there’s no way we could afford up to £6000 per week.

“We don’t know the timescale either. If it went on for a year, that would be over £300,000.

“It’s a big ask to expect any club to pay that in the current climate.

If the SPFL tells us we have to, to ensure the season starts, people would be asking for help.”

An August kickoff looks wishful thinking. The costs, equivalent to 3 or 4 first team players salaries a week, would need to drop drastically given the figures mentioned of meeting current guidlines on testing......

Edited by C4mmy31
added thought

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

The SFA person on Sportsound said the money has more than halved what they originally thought taking it to around 2k a week. And it looks very likely that money is going to be provided by Uefa to foot some of that to all leagues everywhere because they are desperate to have European foot a in some form next season. 

The reason given, from what I followed was that it is now possible to buy apparatus that analyses the tests rather than paying a fee to send them off. I think this is what they've now done in England. The results would be available within an hour apparently. 

From what I've seen this is the model the English clubs are following. 

I was surprised by how many players we kept on and other clubs appear to be doing the same - that suggests to me they all have confidence in the cost of the system being manageable. 

These machines cost £35k each to buy..... as mentioned in the Sunday Mail, so far in the Scottish Premiership, Celtic own 2 and Ross County own 1 which they are willing to share with other Highland based clubs on a non profit basis.

The only feasible way I can see us buying one would be to follow a similar idea as Ross County, guaranteeing access to local clubs that chip in covering its purchase, the test cost is then up to the individual clubs to cover, even thats a big ask given every clubs current financial situation......

Is a testing machine purchase a project The Trust could look to be involved in perhaps ???

Edited by C4mmy31

7 hours ago, zinger said:

He’s right tho, we wouldn’t be in a position to start the season.
We could essentially be signing players who haven’t played or trained for over 4 months. 
There’s a lot of work to be done in very trying circumstances.