Season and a half!

kfcsmithers

1 hour ago, kfcsmithers said:

Could it be an idea for the club to make available half season tickets or a 5-ish game package for next season? There could be an tick box option of a refund or donation if attendance is not permitted! Thoughts? 

Any news on when refunds will be issued for last seasons 'half season tickets'

Although most season ticket holders from last year just want the club to survive and probably willing to not request any compensation or money back for the games they paid for but were not played I wonder what the club will offer. Other clubs have come out and said they would provide partial refunds if contacted which they really need to do as they have charged for a service and not delivered. According to reports we are one of the few who haven't said anything. 

If they can afford it I think fans will be willing just to write it off as the club needs all the money it can get if we want to put a team on the pitch next season. 

I wonder if they will provide a token discount for existing season ticket holders next year or throw in a cup game free. 

3 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Although most season ticket holders from last year just want the club to survive and probably willing to not request any compensation or money back for the games they paid for but were not played I wonder what the club will offer. Other clubs have come out and said they would provide partial refunds if contacted which they really need to do as they have charged for a service and not delivered. According to reports we are one of the few who haven't said anything. 

If they can afford it I think fans will be willing just to write it off as the club needs all the money it can get if we want to put a team on the pitch next season. 

I wonder if they will provide a token discount for existing season ticket holders next year or throw in a cup game free. 

Can't do a cup tie, due to the gate split. I know we used to, but that cost money.

They've already given free access to KillieTV for season ticket hoders. If they don't sell seasons for next season, as the league is likely to start behind closed doors, then they could just let it run into next season, so season ticket holders will still be able to see new games.

3pm Saturday blackout is likely to be lifted, if there's no fans at games.

2 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

Like who ?

Not every killie fan comes on this forum. We can speak for every individual. My point is club need to offer some kind of compensation. Then it's up to individual season ticket holders. I'm sure some ST holders have lost their jobs recently and could do with all the money they can get 

I’d rather let the club keep the money if it means it goes some way to ensuring there is a club in the future.
All season ticket holders were presumably  able to afford the ticket in the first place, I get that Some people are furloughed or let go but for the sake of £50 refund or whatever, is it worth it? 

Regardless of whether STH’s would want a refund or not, (and especially regardless of what the ridiculous uberfan post above about “genuine fans” says, that should be totally disregarded), the club should have come out and said what the position is regards this when the season was confirmed as over. They must have known it was coming but 2 weeks on and nothing said, no communication at all (to my knowledge anyway).

My own thoughts is that I don’t really care about a refund (and I bought shares after the recent email), but it would be good if the Club offered something (extension to the Killie TV access or voucher for the shop or something) as a goodwill gesture, but like I said, not overly bothered about that.

will be “interesting” to see what they come up with regards next season, but IMO there’s no way the club can expect anybody to buy anything close to what’s regarded as an actual season ticket in the traditional sense. The original poster’s scenario might not to be too far away from the truth - I think the most likely scenario is stumble along to December and then offer a half-season ticket for the 2nd half of the season (IF football is back to anything like “normal” by then, and that’s doubtful ....).

As ST holder will not be looking for a refund

back in early May on the trust update Cathy Jamieson did state any decision would only be confirmed as and when season was officially ended , which it has now been so hopefully will be some confirmation coming soon in regard to ST as well as plans for next season 

I appreciate that some fans have offered to buy season tickets now, with intention of helping Club receive funds. However, we have not yet changed our position on release of season tickets, as it still unclear when the current season will be brought to a close. As I reported last month, the media and commercial teams were already working on plans for this, and we are ready to go when required. We also hope to have some good news for season ticket holders who missed out on the latter matches of this season, due to coronavirus, should the season be ended without these being played.

12 hours ago, Fudger said:

Personally not interested in any refund at all. 

3 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

I get that Some people are furloughed or let go but for the sake of £50 refund or whatever, is it worth it? 

9 hours ago, killie1961 said:

No Genuine killie fan would ask for partial refund

I called this when I posted a week or so ago. 
If you’re not interested in a refund then great. But don’t use it as a stick to beat those who aren’t as financially sound. 
Anyone and everyone is entitled to ask for a refund if they so wish. £50/£20/£10, that money could go a long way for some people right now. 
The usual one-upmanship in the ongoing “I’m the biggest Killie fan” competition. 

The club should clarify the position. If they cant afford to lose the money from last season's ST refunds then i think most fans would accept this and move on. For those who want/need the refund it should be made available. How many home games would we be due left, about 6? That's around £100 due back, not an insignificant amount to many families at the moment. It should be optional, and no discredit to any fan who would like a refund. Just a wee bit clarity needed