Season and a half!

kfcsmithers

26 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Why would there be season tickets when no one is in the ground behind closed doors there is no way we’ll be back at rugby park soon.

Agreed.

If people want to give the club money they can make a donation, buy shares, subscribe to TiK or whatever other scheme the club might come up with, including Killie TV.

Selling season tickets for ghost games is borderline fraud.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Agreed.

If people want to give the club money they can make a donation, buy shares, subscribe to TiK or whatever other scheme the club might come up with, including Killie TV.

Selling season tickets for ghost games is borderline fraud.

So every club apart from us, Hamilton, St. Johnstone, and Ross County, are commiting borderline fraud ? I haven’t made a donation but I have bought shares and I subscribe to TiK. Surely a season ticket could be sold which covers Killie TV then attendance at live games once we are allowed

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

So every club apart from us, Hamilton, St. Johnstone, and Ross County, are commiting borderline fraud ? I haven’t made a donation but I have bought shares and I subscribe to TiK. Surely a season ticket could be sold which covers Killie TV then attendance at live games once we are allowed

Hamilton are not selling season tickets and if you have a subscription to killie tv your covered by that. There is no point in selling season tickets as I have said we won’t be at games very soon it’s not safe to do so. Although I like your idea. We can all contribute in some way. Certainly joining the trust will help.

5 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Hamilton are going forward on a PATG basis, as I've reported before. 

I don't really care what other clubs are doing but there are other, more honest ways, for clubs to take in money than selling season tickets. 

We should all wait and see what the club proposes to do. I imagine they will want to take in money very soon so we'll see what they propose.

Nobody knows if and when matches will be played in front of spectators next season, so forward planning is almost impossible. 

Edited by skygod

13 hours ago, Killie alan said:

Hamilton are not selling season tickets and if you have a subscription to killie tv your covered by that. There is no point in selling season tickets as I have said we won’t be at games very soon it’s not safe to do so. Although I like your idea. We can all contribute in some way. Certainly joining the trust will help.

If you read my post I said Hamilton were one of the four exceptions who weren't selling season-tickets. 

13 hours ago, skygod said:

Hamilton are going forward on a PATG basis, as I've reported before. 

I don't really care what other clubs are doing but there are other, more honest ways, for clubs to take in money than selling season tickets. 

We should all wait and see what the club proposes to do. I imagine they will want to take in money very soon so we'll see what they propose.

Nobody knows if and when matches will be played in front of spectators next season, so forward planning is almost impossible. 

I said apart from Hamilton etc. in my post. 

At the moment we don't know what is happening, I would agree with that. To reverse my earlier post, Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell, St. Mirren, Dundee Utd., Livingston, and Hearts, despite not knowing what league they will be in, are all selling season tickets. Some of these clubs, including Hamilton, have offered their season ticket holders refunds for season 2019/20. 

27 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

At the moment we don't know what is happening, I would agree with that. To reverse my earlier post, Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell, St. Mirren, Dundee Utd., Livingston, and Hearts, despite not knowing what league they will be in, are all selling season tickets. Some of these clubs, including Hamilton, have offered their season ticket holders refunds for season 2019/20. 

Sorry mate read it wrong 

From a business sense it's understandable not selling season tickets without knowing what the product we are selling is. If there is no crowds for the foreseeable then all the clubs who sold season tickets could be liable for refunds, if they have used that money for their player fund then that could leave them in major trouble. What we are doing is sensible from a business sense.

38 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The Hearts season ticket guarantees eighteen home games. If supporters don't get eighteen games then the following year's season ticket will be credited with the amount of games where fans have not been permitted to attend.

You potentially have very little income next season in that scenario. I fully back the club in waiting on clarity for next season before announcing season tickets, as pointed out by other people, if you want to support the club financially just now then there are other ways to do it without any potential legal issues.

Problem with season tickets it not being able to guarantee attendance as others have mentioned. If you could offer a killie tv subscription instead that would allow income but problem is that sky will be showing games and the 3pm sAturday rule is still stopping clubs from showing games domestically. 
For income purposes the clubs should be getting the new strip out pronto plus any other new merchandise.

If the football club were to issue refunds for the season that was cancelled due to the veritable 'act of god' then it could cost in the region of £140k - £170k depending on various peripheral factors. That's a serious amount of money for a club on our budget and would have a real detrimental effect on how we progress from here. I'm not passing judgement on anyone who wants a refund but for me the money was already spent and accounted for, we didn't get to see all the games but the government put us into lockdown and we didn't get to go anywhere for that matter...I've probably saved money on the days out to be fair! I also think the club are right not to be selling season tickets at the moment, if there are people looking for cash back right now, it could end up even more of a car crash situation later.

I'm reasonably confident that when football eventually restarts that our club, with the stadium as big as it is, could find a way for a set number of season ticket holders (and I'm talking the majority at last season's numbers) to attend home matches by introducing social distancing measures that were acceptable to the authorities. It would not be easy, but under the circumstances I don't see why any Killie fan wouldn't comply with what was needed to get them in (again, if allowed) and anyone breaking rules would soon be identified. I won't go into the nuts and bolts of it for now but its definitely do-able in my opinion and probably a lot safer than going to your local supermarket...might mean an early start on a Saturday right enough for many!

baz

BBC Sport Scotland 2 hours ago. 

Fans of Scotland's biggest football clubs continue to snap up season tickets for next term despite continued uncertainty caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Early sales of season books at Aberdeen have just passed the 6,000 mark, with the club aiming for 10,000 by July. It has already reached its target of 6,000 AberDNA subscriptions.

The sales at Motherwell have "far surpassed" last season, with over 2,000 fans renewing.

Hibernian have had a double boost. Recent season ticket sales are up at 8,000 while the NHS-inspired replica kit has been the club's fastest selling home kit on record. City rivals Hearts have hit 5,000 sales despite relegation.

St Mirren say their season ticket sales sit at 1,200 so far, with Livingston on track to equal last year's number.

Hamilton Academical, Kilmarnock, Ross County and St Johnstone have decided to not yet make season tickets available.

Coronavirus: what is your club saying?

SPFL hold 'positive discussion' with philanthropist Anderson

It all points to an encouraging trend for Scotland's top clubs, with fans willing to shell out despite not knowing when matches will restart, when fans will be allowed back into grounds, and, depending on the outcome of reconstruction talks, some not even having clarity on what division their side will be playing in.

'Fans should check terms and conditions'

Adam French, consumer rights expert at Which?

For season ticket holders, you do need to check terms and conditions. A lot come with force majeure terms, for example you do need to check the contract to see if they've included a pandemic/epidemic as a reason to dissolve the contract.

Even then, it's not guaranteed that term is enforceable, but you just have to be aware that some clubs have put that in the Ts and Cs as a reason not to refund you. It's all very grey, we don't know how enforceable those will be because they've not really come up before.

If they're going to play games behind closed doors and making the games exclusively available to season ticket holders, then you're still getting some value for what you've done there, they've made the best of that situation, so you would probably be due a partial refund, if anything at all - that's very much a case by case basis.

As it stands at June 2nd, I don’t think the  club is desperate for ST income right now and probably previous years May sales wouldn’t be significant. If we fast forward 4-6 weeks from now and they still haven’t offered them then there may be problems re the transfer budget based on our normal expected income required to organise salaries for new targets. Hopefully the reconstruction pish is binned this week and we’ll know at least that the 12 team season will remain. 

When the paying public can attend is in the lap of the gods for next season so the club should market ST’s like almost every other club and amend as required. 

2 hours ago, KillieFC said:

If the football club were to issue refunds for the season that was cancelled due to the veritable 'act of god' then it could cost in the region of £140k - £170k depending on various peripheral factors. That's a serious amount of money for a club on our budget and would have a real detrimental effect on how we progress from here. 

The poll held on here showed that 98% of those voting didn’t want a refund. 

This shows a good deal of goodwill towards the club and, if this was representative of the wider season ticket holder community, the amount needing to be repaid would be much smaller. 

I still think the club should make refunds available to those who request them, subject to their having a legal liability to do so. 

As the BBC article states, there could well be a force majeure defence to claims for a refund. 

I’m sure a mutually acceptable arrangement could be reached between the club and the few who were intent on receiving a refund.  

Edited by skygod

Definitely think the club should be making the situation on existing season tickets clear as soon as possible. I don’t want any refund, but I can understand some  people may be desperate for cash, even though the money was “spent”, due to losing wages etc. I would also understand half season ticket holders wanting a refund as they got practically nothing out of their purchase. 

3 hours ago, KillieFC said:

If the football club were to issue refunds for the season that was cancelled due to the veritable 'act of god' then it could cost in the region of £140k - £170k depending on various peripheral factors. That's a serious amount of money for a club on our budget and would have a real detrimental effect on how we progress from here. I'm not passing judgement on anyone who wants a refund but for me the money was already spent and accounted for, we didn't get to see all the games but the government put us into lockdown and we didn't get to go anywhere for that matter...I've probably saved money on the days out to be fair! I also think the club are right not to be selling season tickets at the moment, if there are people looking for cash back right now, it could end up even more of a car crash situation later.

I'm reasonably confident that when football eventually restarts that our club, with the stadium as big as it is, could find a way for a set number of season ticket holders (and I'm talking the majority at last season's numbers) to attend home matches by introducing social distancing measures that were acceptable to the authorities. It would not be easy, but under the circumstances I don't see why any Killie fan wouldn't comply with what was needed to get them in (again, if allowed) and anyone breaking rules would soon be identified. I won't go into the nuts and bolts of it for now but its definitely do-able in my opinion and probably a lot safer than going to your local supermarket...might mean an early start on a Saturday right enough for many!

baz

You have to admire Bobby Fleeting anticipating social distancing all those years ago. It’s bound to be possible putting a thousand in each stand and social distancing in the queue.