Latest Contract Update

Chris1810

Good news in Rory staying and a good turnaround too for Kiltie given his comments last year

Big blow on Taylor given the club made a lot of his appearances in squad in our final games 

wish Jamie MacDonald all the best was an excellent servant for us and hope finds a contract with another club which meets his needs 

Edited by Scouser2

16 minutes ago, Greg2208 said:

Honestly don’t understand why all our youth players are being released. Very surprised at Taylor leaving. Long are the days where we used to nurture our youth players into the first team. 

Most of the guys leaving aren’t Youths but players who have been hanging around the reserve team for a few years without troubling the first team - Barr, McLevy, Monk, McDonald, Lynch, Barlow. 

Edited by skygod

Hopefully Burke is next to sign up. He’d be a huge loss.

Fair play to the club for these regular updates. All too often the support have been left in the dark for weeks on end over the summer months. 

Edited by TLC

Glad that deals have been struck with McKenzie and Kiltie. Millen good we need a backup. Happy for Connell and Brindley hope they can get more game time this season.

Burke has expressed his desire to stay so hopefully not long before we get him penned down for another year or two(hopefully)

Sad to se JMac go but it was showing that he wasn't going to eb our No.1 anymore. Taylor's a bit of an odd one.

The departure of most of the development squad is a regular occurrence at the end of every season.

I'm excited for the transfer window. Hopeful that AD will get the job done properly unlike last years farce. 

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

1 minute ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

...Millen good we need a backup.

We need someone for him to be back up to! 

Seriously, I hope he doesn’t see himself as back-up and will challenge for a first team place. 

If a mature player like him is just going to be back-up he needs to be more versatile than covering one position.

With a small squad, versatile players are a great asset. 

3 minutes ago, trenwick said:

do we think Ally Taylor has been tapped up, knocking back contract when just about to be knocking on first team door. 

If he’s out of contract he’s been entitled to talk to clubs for six months. Maybe he doesn’t feel the pathway was right for him, more money elsewhere or just wanted a change of clubs. 

If we have made an offer will we be due a development fee(however low it is). 

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

We need someone for him to be back up to! 

Seriously, I hope he doesn’t see himself as back-up and will challenge for a first team place. 

If a mature player like him is just going to be back-up he needs to be more versatile than covering one position.

With a small squad, versatile players are a great asset. 

I think Steve Clarke spoke about using him elsewhere in the back line at one point but players recovered and we didn’t have to.

The chance is there for him to go and stake a claim for the starting spot. He’s never let us down anytime he’s played but I’ve not heard many people say they’d be having him as a first choice for a prolonged period. 

Wish Jamie MacDonald well, hope he finds a club nearer to home. 

Pleased with McKenzie and Kiltie. Looking on the bright side here, perhaps seeing some of the benefit of Dyer staying on with Kitlie, having shown faith in bringing him back etc? Might not have had too many offers to be fair, but I wonder. 

Did Ally Taylor not recently do an article somewhere talking about how much he liked it at Kilmarnock.

Ross Millen should be challenging to make the right back spot his own!

whats the story with the youth lads anyone know what level they are likely to appear at?

GK - Lyle
FB - Millen, Waters
CB - Findlay, Broadfoot
CM - Power, Dicker, El Makrini, Brindley
AM/Wide - McKenzie, Kiltie, Connell, Abed, Thomas, 
Striker - Brophy, Kabamba, Cameron, Rennie

18 man squad covering first team and reserves. Pretty clear where we are short now that you see that. Burke will assist in the AM/Wide area but we are well short in defence (GK, Fullback and Centreback).

16 minutes ago, Garvis said:

That's the rumour I heard.

Wishing young Taylor all the best but wonder if this is another example of an agent going for the short term money for him and the player, only to see the player career fizzle out lost in the depths of a huge squad.

Real shame.

4 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Do the Taylor brothers share an agent?

Glad to see connell getting a chance, he has something.

Said it before but watch out for Mr Connell. Seeing him staying with us is a great boost as I think he is a future star for Killie.

Edited by zinger

I've deleted the notes I had from the AGM and TiK event but I’m sure Fowler mentioned he’d tried to put a few of the youngsters out on loan and the players had rejected it. I wonder if this didn’t sit well with the coaching staff and that’s perhaps influenced some of the decisions. Given Dyer also spoke about things other than ability influencing decisions on players could an unwillingness to get games under your belt have sealed their fate.