Latest Contract Update

Chris1810

Disappointed about Taylor and think he’s made a bad choice. Very surprising decision when he has the example of his own brother to see how quickly someone can develop with first team football. Maybe he doesn’t think he will get a chance this season. 
Good news with McKenzie and especially Kiltie. 
I hope Mullen has been signed as cover rather than first choice. 

Edited by historyman

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

Maybe he doesn’t think he will get a chance this season. 

Three experienced men ahead of him in CM, Kiltie keen to play at ten and every possibility we will add more numbers in his position. The lad may see opportunities limited and fancy his chances elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, zinger said:

Wishing young Taylor all the best but wonder if this is another example of an agent going for the short term money for him and the player, only to see the player career fizzle out lost in the depths of a huge squad.

Real shame.

100%

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Three experienced men ahead of him in CM, Kiltie keen to play at ten and every possibility we will add more numbers in his position. The lad may see opportunities limited and fancy his chances elsewhere. 

Yes but they are older guys and there are always injuries and suspensions. His aim should be to get into the team and play so well that the manager can’t drop him. 
I doubt he would be considered a first choice in any other SPFL team so I suspect he is going to Tic or Sevco where he will be even further away from the first team. 
If so I don’t think that’s a smart choice. 

Edited by historyman

43 minutes ago, GrazyKillie said:

If Taylor does go on to sign for another club are we due any type of compensation?

I think training compensation is due only if it is an international transfer, or if the player is signing his first pro contract which I expect is not the case with Taylor.

19 hours ago, Maverick11 said:

GK - Lyle
FB - Millen, Waters
CB - Findlay, Broadfoot
CM - Power, Dicker, El Makrini, Brindley
AM/Wide - McKenzie, Kiltie, Connell, Abed, Thomas, 
Striker - Brophy, Kabamba, Cameron, Rennie

18 man squad covering first team and reserves. Pretty clear where we are short now that you see that. Burke will assist in the AM/Wide area but we are well short in defence (GK, Fullback and Centreback).

That is a paper thin squad.

Given the last few years signing experience I am really not hopeful for the future.

Target for the next season realistically has to be staying up.

1 hour ago, Sandman396 said:

That is a paper thin squad.

Given the last few years signing experience I am really not hopeful for the future.

Target for the next season realistically has to be staying up.

Think staying up will be the target of a large proportion of the league can’t see anyone making any signings of note anytime soon.

20 hours ago, Maverick11 said:

GK - Lyle
FB - Millen, Waters
CB - Findlay, Broadfoot
CM - Power, Dicker, El Makrini, Brindley
AM/Wide - McKenzie, Kiltie, Connell, Abed, Thomas, 
Striker - Brophy, Kabamba, Cameron, Rennie

18 man squad covering first team and reserves. Pretty clear where we are short now that you see that. Burke will assist in the AM/Wide area but we are well short in defence (GK, Fullback and Centreback).

Id say Brindley is more of a left back than a centre mid always played better playing lb for reserves.

Robby McCrorie is worth enquiring about on loan. We need two goalkeepers good enough to be play at this level (we probably need a third choice too) and he's a keeper capable of competing for the number one shirt even though he's 22.

Edited by Fletch

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Robby McCrorie is worth enquiring about on loan. We need two goalkeepers good enough to be play at this level (we probably need a third choice too) and he's a keeper capable of competing for the number one shirt even though he's 22.

I’ve been impressed with what and I’ve seen of McCrorie and wouldn’t rule out signing him. I’m reluctant to go down the route of signing a new keeper every season though.