Latest Contract Update

Chris1810

5 hours ago, Cheviotstag said:

Of all of them Hladky is the best, but probably out of our financial reach

Gillespie prob the most realistic option

Gillespie best option he was linked with Newcastle. Hes probably the one out of financial reach now that he believes hes been linked with them.

Hladky played for st Mirren preety sure he wont be out of financial reach. Rangers is the only club I've seen linked with him and hes too good to benched at the huns. 

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

3 hours ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Gillespie best option he was linked with Newcastle. Hes probably the one out of financial reach now that he believes hes been linked with them.

Hladky played for st Mirren preety sure he wont be out of financial reach. Rangers is the only club I've seen linked with him and hes too good to benched at the huns. 

3 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Money talks unfortunately, if huns are offering 5k+ then we have no chance.

He only moved to St Mirren after being dropped from the Slovan Liberec 1st team..... not every player is happy to take the money and sit on the bench.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:24 PM, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Much prefer a permanent no.1 rather than bringing in goalies on loan.

Agreed any loan signing should be of a player who is above our pay grade and be a first Team starter , Not to beef up the Squad and sit on the bench.

25 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Do you think the contract we offered Jamie MacDonald was for first choice keeper, If so i am glad he refused it. Last two Mangers did not see him as 1st choice. Would rather give a younger keeper a chance.

I suspect he wasn’t given guarantees of being first choice. If he thinks he can get that opportunity somewhere else then fair enough as he’s a guy who wants to play every week. 

38 minutes ago, piffer said:

I suspect he wasn’t given guarantees of being first choice. If he thinks he can get that opportunity somewhere else then fair enough as he’s a guy who wants to play every week. 

He’s already said in the media that he was offered a contract to “fight for the number 1 shirt” but it was on significantly reduced wages to his current contract which didn’t make the commute from Edinburgh worthwhile. Fair enough in my view.

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I know it is in The Sun but they are reporting St Mirren bidding to tempt Craig Gordon.....

If they could afford him, surely we could be intetested, if there is any truth to the story.

Hopefully Bowie, Dyer and Fowler are thinking the same 

On 6/3/2020 at 4:17 PM, DrewWylie said:

Kiltie mckenzie Millen , squad players imo 

When is Rory McKenzie going to get the recognition he deserves as a first team player. Quality utility players are going to be worth their weight in gold for many teams fighting against the financial consequences of the virus next season.  He has committed his career to Killie and gives his all on the pitch, so let's not decry him as a "squad" only member of our team.

Kiltie has been so unlucky with his two serious injuries but we all know how gifted he is and we all know he is capable of getting back to his best. He may have to be considered a "squad" player meantime until he produces the form we know he has within him.

Millen is a "squad" player. 

McKenzie is hard to define as a player. I don’t think it’s unfair to say he is a squad player but he plays an unusually high amount of games every season for someone defined by that role. He is a very valuable member of the squad.  Over the last few seasons you would probably not have had him as 1st choice for any position but he played a lot of football in that time.