Aaron McGowan

Killie Conman

13 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

James Fowler and Co don't really seem the best for getting deals over the line. Kabamba being the exception. Harry Bunn???? 

I had hoped we’d have deals to be announced at this point. There are obvious challenges with the pandemic but with most of the players we’ve been linked with so far we could have been talking to them for six months. It could be lazy journalism but the bit about Dyer asking Fox for more time. Why? He’s been scouting and assessing targets for the last three months. We should have plans A,B,C and D to go with at this stage

1 minute ago, kfc_superteam said:

We shouldn't be worse off than other clubs in the division. Yes there is a pandemic but we have a significantly smaller squad. 

There is something that seems to put a lot of players off from coming here. Very likely it's the pitch. If its a choice between us and another spfl club we seem to lose out. 

I’m not a fan of plastic pitches but I think it’s unlikely an accies player won’t join us because of ours. 

1 minute ago, kfc_superteam said:

There is something that seems to put a lot of players off from coming here. Very likely it's the pitch. If its a choice between us and another spfl club we seem to lose out. 

That appears to be the case, Motherwell are a case in point. They are similar in many ways to us but seem to have the edge in recruitment. Don't imagine it's the wages as they would be on par with us. 

County have a lot more money than us - so if it’s only about money in the player’s mind then he’ll go there. Disappointing if so and again looks like our naivety in letting agents go public with our interest in players is used by them to get their guys better deals?

Edited by KenVaagen1984

Is the fact we haven’t actually appointed Dyer going to work against us? We know it’s going to be him but let’s make it official.

Im interested to know how good we are at actually selling the club. The comparison to Motherwell is an interesting one. Burrows is a fan first and foremost. Passionate about his club. Robinson has an intensity and a passion in him. The polar opposite of Dyer and his laid back demeanour. 

47 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Uncle Roy can probably offer more money than us, can't he? 

A lot of the time I'd agree it comes down to money, basically everyone bar Ross County.

If I was getting a decent enough package in the central belt in touching distance of Glasgow I would need to be getting offered a hell of a lot more to make moving to Dingwall even remotely appealing.

23 minutes ago, Fletch said:

A lot of the time I'd agree it comes down to money, basically everyone bar Ross County.

If I was getting a decent enough package in the central belt in touching distance of Glasgow I would need to be getting offered a hell of a lot more to make moving to Dingwall even remotely appealing.

Or alternatively look at Ross County and think. 

This is a club that bought a corona virus testing machine and restructured their management team. They appear to be well run,focused and not afraid to make decisions. 

23 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Or alternatively look at Ross County and think. 

This is a club that bought a corona virus testing machine and restructured their management team. They appear to be well run,focused and not afraid to make decisions. 

Being a Dingwall is a surefire way to avoid the virus anyway, or alternatively any sort of crowd or life in general.

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

James Fowler and Co don't really seem the best for getting deals over the line. Kabamba being the exception. Harry Bunn???? 

Football fans don't really seem the best for having the patience levels of adults, so they?

The formal decision to end the season and have a start date for next season was only made a couple of weeks ago. Anyone who has ever negotiated a contract knows that you don't just ring them up and they accept. If they do, you offered them too much.

Also we don't have a Uncle Roy bankrolling the club to get folk to play up there and get can afford to pay folk during the close season, we also have the issue when cash is king so as folk are not rushing to renew season tickets due to uncertainty of how season will look and potential own cash worries re job security following COVID 19 we would not jump into committing to signing players even though we need them.

Just now, Arderkilliesier said:

As a Killie fan I hope the lad goes to Killie but your Highlandphobic comments beggar belief assume you've never spent any time here, most of the RC players live in and around Inverness with a far better night life, choice of restaurants then any similarly sized City/Town in Scotland, surrounded by some of the best Golf Courses, sea, Loch, River fishing and easy driving distance from Skiing Hillwalking centres that's before you vector in the scenery....aye laddie you stick to walking the streets of Glasgow and admiring religious intolerance, a player with children and a brain being offered the same cash never mind more cash from ICT/RC rather than a central belt team has an easy choice to make....rant over...  

You lost me at highlandphobic.