Aaron McGowan

Killie Conman

25 minutes ago, Killie Conman said:

Good signing

Hope he enjoyed his first day training and the guys were welcoming

Maybe give a shout to Gogic, who would be another cracking signing

:7:

Wonder if we are interested in Gogic. I’m sure I read yesterday St Mirren have offered him a deal. Another ex Accie I’d look at is Miller. Think Hibs were looking at him as well. 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

They're dragging their heels about offering him anything more than a trial. He's exactly the type of player Hibs need too.

He would probably get less game time in midfield here this season but you'd think he would still be good enough to get games between midfield and defence. He wins everything.

I'd argue hes better than Dicker. Would expect him to play in our team

5 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I'd argue hes better than Dicker. Would expect him to play in our team

Haven’t seen enough of him to say he is or not. That kind of thing plays out over a season though. The biggest thing to consider initially would be is Dicker/Power better than Gogic/Power. That may have more influence on our team than an individual being better than another

15 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

McGowan could even turn out to be better than O'Donnell especially as he won't have one eye on a move away

Any good young'sh football player who doesn't have an eye on a move away is completely missing the point of being a good young'sh football player.

And anyone who thinks that we should not entertain SOD if he decided that he would be better staying here is just nuts.

7 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Any good young'sh football player who doesn't have an eye on a move away is completely missing the point of being a good young'sh football player.

And anyone who thinks that we should not entertain SOD if he decided that he would be better staying here is just nuts.

Sad but very true! 

5 hours ago, skygod said:

He's missed his chance - the position's filled, the budget's used.

We've got a younger player who has a reputation of being strong, committed and athletic so give him his chance, with Millen competing.

Supposidly McGowan is exceptionally good in the air, that was one of SODs weaker strengths imo.....

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

Look at his stats. He's around the best ball winners in the league.

What are his stats for ball winning out of interest? Didn’t realise there was such a website or database. Would  be interesting to compare to other teams, particularly ours, if you have a link 

Came across in his interview very well. Sounds like a stong Teamwork ethic and a sore loser. He mentions everygame you need to be positive and want to win, " I don't understand a 1-0 defeat wil be a good result attitude" That will do for me.

One thing that i had not considered at this time was how akward it will be to sign/interview players. Having to use facetime or Zoom or socil media.

Contact was made via his agent around 5 weeks ago. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Came across in his interview very well. Sounds like a stong Teamwork ethic and a sore loser. He mentions everygame you need to be positive and want to win, " I don't understand a 1-0 defeat wil be a good result attitude" That will do for me.

One thing that i had not considered at this time was how akward it will be to sign/interview players. Having to use facetime or Zoom or socil media.

Contact was made via his agent around 5 weeks ago. 

The bottom part is one of the best bits. Hats off to Fowler. 5 weeks ago we were slap bang in the middle of this pandemic and Fow has worked hard to get a deal done.

38 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

The bottom part is one of the best bits. Hats off to Fowler. 5 weeks ago we were slap bang in the middle of this pandemic and Fow has worked hard to get a deal done.

That's what i took from it aswell. Great to see that we're being active, i think that Fow being at the club last season has allowed him to basically scout all the teams in the league first and foremost then get the feelers out for availability.