Virtual Season Tickets

kfc_superteam

Scottish Premiership clubs will be able to live stream matches and sell virtual season tickets after a deal was struck with Sky Sports.

The SPFL has also reached a settlement with Sky - believed to be £1.5m over five years - for games not broadcast when the 2019-20 season was curtailed.

The top-flight campaign is scheduled to start on 1 August behind closed doors.

Sky's £160m five-year deal allows it to show 48 games each season, but all other matches can be streamed by clubs.

Each team will be able to sell a package to season-ticket holders enabling them to watch home games.

It remains unclear if clubs will be able to sell one-off matches and what provision is in place for fans without season tickets or for watching away games.

The agreement will last as long as social distancing measures are in place.

"This is an innovative and pragmatic solution to the challenges posed by Covid-19 and I'm grateful for the flexibility shown by our clubs and by Sky Sports," said SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

"This agreement means that any liability for games not delivered during season 2019-20 has now been settled, on terms that reflect Sky's status as a committed partner and supporter of Scottish football."

The Scottish Football Association will lift football's suspension on 11 June, allowing clubs to resume non-contact group training

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52903945

Looks like the way it's going to be. Unsure if away matches can be purchased one off? 

4 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Scottish Premiership clubs will be able to live stream matches and sell virtual season tickets after a deal was struck with Sky Sports.

The SPFL has also reached a settlement with Sky - believed to be £1.5m over five years - for games not broadcast when the 2019-20 season was curtailed.

The top-flight campaign is scheduled to start on 1 August behind closed doors.

Sky's £160m five-year deal allows it to show 48 games each season, but all other matches can be streamed by clubs.

Each team will be able to sell a package to season-ticket holders enabling them to watch home games.

It remains unclear if clubs will be able to sell one-off matches and what provision is in place for fans without season tickets or for watching away games.

The agreement will last as long as social distancing measures are in place.

"This is an innovative and pragmatic solution to the challenges posed by Covid-19 and I'm grateful for the flexibility shown by our clubs and by Sky Sports," said SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

"This agreement means that any liability for games not delivered during season 2019-20 has now been settled, on terms that reflect Sky's status as a committed partner and supporter of Scottish football."

The Scottish Football Association will lift football's suspension on 11 June, allowing clubs to resume non-contact group training

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52903945

Looks like the way it's going to be. Unsure if away matches can be purchased one off? 

Hopefully means the s**tebaggery of clubs not letting away teams get live pictures is over. 

Rossco will need to get one first mind you.

Sky have always been able to do this, every match on a Saturday at 3pm is shown in Thailand so it can be done. 

will this eventually mean that attending the match will be a thing of the past as i hear numerous times that in particular the EPL that folk actual going to the games is a hindrance as they don't need the money due to bumper SKY contract,

i know were not at that stage but if take up numbers are sufficient this will do away with having to pay for stewarding, t-shops and other match day staff. 

If this is drawn out time wise then they can shut the gates at the vast majority of Scottish football clubs.

Football without fans has no future, I believe the previous poster is right in clubs where “business acumen” is fundamentally King, no stewards, no police, no pie staff etc etc will please them, but not for long! 
How do we keep kids interested? They will disappear to FM or whatever the game is as it will be much more exciting than a “real game”.

Maybe canned crowd noises will help

6 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

If this is drawn out time wise then they can shut the gates at the vast majority of Scottish football clubs.

Football without fans has no future, I believe the previous poster is right in clubs where “business acumen” is fundamentally King, no stewards, no police, no pie staff etc etc will please them, but not for long! 
How do we keep kids interested? They will disappear to FM or whatever the game is as it will be much more exciting than a “real game”.

Maybe canned crowd noises will help

It’s quite clearly a temporary solution until the covid pandemic is over. Seems a sensible one to me but will depend on the full details I suppose.

We're paying back the money to Sky over five years, but what about BT who covered more games than Sky ?  Interesting to see what the clubs do that have already sold season tickets. I support Spurs in England so do I now need an extra subscription to watch Killie games or is that included in the Sky Sports package ? If Sky are involved it won't be cheap. 

20 minutes ago, trenwick said:

will this eventually mean that attending the match will be a thing of the past as i hear numerous times that in particular the EPL that folk actual going to the games is a hindrance as they don't need the money due to bumper SKY contract,

No, it won’t lead to attendance at matches being a thing of the past. 

Nor have I ever heard anybody say that spectators at matches are a hindrance. 

On the contrary, it is regularly said that the spectators in the ground add greatly to the spectacle. 

What has been said is that some English Premiership clubs could operate profitably without any gate receipts. 

13 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

If Sky have got all games then I would expect the old contract to be ripped up and a new "bumper" contract in its place. Where does the club get it's cash? Can't go into SPFL coffers to be divided at a later date, clubs need this cash now.

I don't see Sky ripping up any contracts, they are the only player for five years. Clubs will get the money from the TV subscriptions for the games that Sky don't cover at present, which is mostly every other game that doesn't involve whoever Celtic and Sevco are playing. 

When you go to a game you get caught up in the atmosphere, meet friends, and want Killie to win. If all we are seeing is Killie playing without any of the matchday atmosphere then it could show up how poor the standard of football in Scotland actually is. 

Edited by Wrangodog

Good temporary news but hope it doesn't last too long and fans can get back to RP as soon as safely possible

This extra package is only for the games not chosen by SKY as part of the original deal they have.

and will be the home club who would cover the games and set payment structures to stream, might be some issues for those games picked by SKY but we hardly ever get picked for live games bar v the Glasgow 2 

I may be reading the figures wrong, hopefully the club manage to make a few quid from selling the virtual tickets. I'll certainly be taking any opportunity to see us back playing.

Reading that you wonder what the rush was to finish the league at such a cost. Sky now have access to every single game and it looks like we've sold it at a £1.5M loss. We're the only nation in the world who can sell more football for less.

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

When you go to a game you get caught up in the atmosphere, meet friends, and want Killie to win. If all we are seeing is Killie playing without any of the matchday atmosphere then it could show up how poor the standard of football in Scotland actually is. 

What a load of s**te.

2 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

It’s a new 160million contract so the 1.5 mil loss will be absorbed by it. It’s still a big increase on previous years 

Aye. I get that. It's the £160M deal signed in 2018 beginning and that it's more than the pittance we were getting on the old deal. Just they're now getting more football and they're getting the league starting when they want it to, yet with us offering more we're still down on our original agreement.

I wouldn't expect the English FA to be walking away with less than their original agreement after offering up access to every fixture.