Virtual Season Tickets

kfc_superteam

11 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

How’s that going to apply to non season ticket holders who don’t have sky 

Games will be streamed via a clubs own site not necessarily on a sky platform , SKY just had to agree to this as their original deal was an exclusive UK rights one 

1 hour ago, trenwick said:

Sky have always been able to do this, every match on a Saturday at 3pm is shown in Thailand so it can be done. 

will this eventually mean that attending the match will be a thing of the past as i hear numerous times that in particular the EPL that folk actual going to the games is a hindrance as they don't need the money due to bumper SKY contract,

i know were not at that stage but if take up numbers are sufficient this will do away with having to pay for stewarding, t-shops and other match day staff. 

No fans = no product to sell.

I'll watch almost any football on tv but draw the line at the Bundesliga with no crowd.

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

There's a middle ground between s**te and great.

I don't think an empty arena is going to make people think it's s**te either, weird thing to say.

I don't think it's weird at all. red_dug commented above that he wouldn't want to watch Bundesliga games without fans and the quality of their league is way above our standard. Some games we walk away happy from because we won, then you watch them again on Killie TV and it's a hard watch over ninety minutes. So far the closed-doors games have featured games with clubs that I don't care about, maybe it will be different if Killie are involved, I certainly hope so. 

2 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't think it's weird at all. red_dug commented above that he wouldn't want to watch Bundesliga games without fans and the quality of their league is way above our standard. Some games we walk away happy from because we won, then you watch them again on Killie TV and it's a hard watch over ninety minutes. So far the closed-doors games have featured games with clubs that I don't care about, maybe it will be different if Killie are involved, I certainly hope so. 

I’ve enjoyed watching the Bundesliga. I’m done with endless repeats of classic “on this day” matches. 

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

When you go to a game you get caught up in the atmosphere, meet friends, and want Killie to win. If all we are seeing is Killie playing without any of the matchday atmosphere then it could show up how poor the standard of football in Scotland actually is. 

Every game is poorer without fans.
Without fans in stadiums the demand from people to watch from home would reduce dramatically and the the TV companies would walk away. 

It’s a shame that fans don’t realise the power they have, forget their tribal differences and mobilise themselves collectively. If they did it would be them who would be dictating to the TV companies and not the other way round. 

It seems to suggest home games only - have I missed something there?

Surely if no-one can attend then home and away makes no difference to a viewer.

Why not sell a full-price ticket that applies to stream ALL games involving a Killie team until we are allowed to return to games, at which point the streaming returns to 'normal'.  I think the higher price could then be justified.

I'd pay a full price season ticket for that, knowing that Killie would get income and I'd get to see them whichever way it goes.

also a shame that the central body doesn't have the foresight to make it a collective season ticket.  Use the money from all clubs to be split equally and help some (hopefully not Hearts) maintain their running costs.

Said it many times before - the MLS know what they are doing with their central governance model.  American sport is the best example of successful Communism in the modern world.

Would the streaming by Killie TV only cover home games as they happen with maybe delayed showing of away game (full game or highlights) as they wouldn't have the rights to show this live like the home team, unless they come to an agreement with the home team to pay part of the subscription (like an away fan attending the actual game) 

1 hour ago, jazza said:

Hmm, don’t like this though

Rangers have just announced that anyone who has bought a season ticket for next season will get the virtual ticket as complimentary...

Surely we have to now start selling season tickets in some form to give supporters access to a virtual ticket

1 hour ago, dasboag said:

American sport is the best example of successful Communism in the modern world.

Steady on! I think a collective would be more accurate description.

Coincidentally, in the last few minutes, the MLS and the MLS Players Association have announced agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement through to 2025. 

1 hour ago, KillieDJ said:

Another thought...is it one virtual ticket to physical ticket.

If you had multiple physical tickets in the one household, wouldn't you only need one virtual ticket?

Good point

Would only need probably half or a third subscriptions compared to season ticket sales for same number that would attend. Revenue would drop 

Perhaps a licence style thing like Netflix/skygo for number of devices  otherwise everyone could use the same login. 
1 licence lowest fee, then scale it up if you wanted more devices.

Edited by PrestersKtid