Virtual Season Tickets

kfc_superteam

47 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Sadly, the few people I have spoken with have stated they won't buy a season ticket to watch a live stream, hope this isn't representative of the support at large. 

I would pay for a season ticket for live streming.

With this dreadful pandemic It is a strange situation to be in for any club some clubs had ST on sale months ago at full price and taking money without word on any proposed virtual deal etc.....but IMO feel our Board has handled the situation well so far waiting and taking account in the ever changing circumstances

from early predictions of a full season behind closed doors the situation has moved on a little in recent days with some Clubs commenting now hopeful of limited numbers of fans attending by October /November ......if allowed 

As and when the ST details are announced hopefully it’s done correctly and with right pricing

but I will be renewing both to support the club financially but also in the hope that will be back at RP at some point this season 

The Club are well aware of supporters concerns regarding pricing and will come up with a fair deal.

It goes without saying that they need supporters to really get behind the Club when the sale of season tickets and the new strip begins, as there are concerns about balancing the books too.

41 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

I think Killie will guarantee fans that buy a season ticket,19 home league games for their cash. This could be the way to go in the future with fans loading up their card with games whenever they want. 

Yup, that's what Motherwell have done and they as a club are pretty switched on with this sort of thing.

I'd like to think we'd follow a similar stance.

1 hour ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

I think Killie will guarantee fans that buy a season ticket,19 home league games for their cash. This could be the way to go in the future with fans loading up their card with games whenever they want. 

Why would they?

Killie have not sold a single season ticket yet so no one is set to lose out financially as it stands.

If Killie offer a virtual season ticket they are offering a service in which you get to watch all home games on a screen for a fee. The money spent on this service would have already had it's value come end of season 2020/21. If we then say you get the virtual season ticket and a guaranteed 19 games for free we are essentially giving away a season ticket for free i.e losing ~£1m in the process.

Aye it would be a good gesture but quite frankly they should just charge a reasonable price for the Virtual STs and start again from 2021-22 if we are allowed back in RP

From Motherwell Fc official site.

We’re pledging that everyone who buys a season ticket for 2020/21 will also get the full value of their purchase on physically attending games.

We guarantee everyone who purchases, or has already purchased, a season ticket for 2020/21 will get the chance to attend 19 home league matches, whenever that is possible.

If that is not possible in 2020/21, we will offer you the chance to claim the credit value of the missing games back. This can either be used against the value of your season ticket for 2021/22, or if you don’t renew next year, you can claim the equivalent number of match tickets for games in 2021/22.

If matches are initially played behind closed doors, we pledge that you will not be adversely impacted.

For example, if five matches are played behind closed doors in 2020/21, you can choose to either have the value of those matches deducted from your season ticket cost for 2021/22, or we will give you the equivalent amount of match tickets for games in that season.

5 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

Why would they?

Killie have not sold a single season ticket yet so no one is set to lose out financially as it stands.

If Killie offer a virtual season ticket they are offering a service in which you get to watch all home games on a screen for a fee. The money spent on this service would have already had it's value come end of season 2020/21. If we then say you get the virtual season ticket and a guaranteed 19 games for free we are essentially giving away a season ticket for free i.e losing ~£1m in the process.

Aye it would be a good gesture but quite frankly they should just charge a reasonable price for the Virtual STs and start again from 2021-22 if we are allowed back in RP

Depends how long closed doors games are required. 

13 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

Why would they?

That's not what he's said.

I think he means that if we miss say 5 games as they are behind closed doors, then we'd take say £100 off next seasons tickets for those who buy them this year.  That's exactly as Motherwell have said. 

No point offering a virtual season ticket for the season, as the season won't be all behind closed doors.

Club will have lost a fortune this summer. By getting season ticket money in, it will hopefully offset losses. If that means folk getting a few quid off their ticket next season, to guarantee folk are getting value at full price this season, then so be it.

Give the size of RP, I don't think it'll be much more than half a dozen games at RP at most we'll have to watch through a stream.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's not what he's said.

I think he means that if we miss say 5 games as they are behind closed doors, then we'd take say £100 off next seasons tickets for those who buy them this year.  That's exactly as Motherwell have said. 

No point offering a virtual season ticket for the season, as the season won't be all behind closed doors.

Club will have lost a fortune this summer. By getting season ticket money in, it will hopefully offset losses. If that means folk getting a few quid off their ticket next season, to guarantee folk are getting value at full price this season, then so be it.

Give the size of RP, I don't think it'll be much more than half a dozen games at RP at most we'll have to watch through a stream.

Wish I shared your optimism, can't see any fans at games this season. The fact the SPFL has gotten Sky to agree to Virtual STs to me shows it'll be a long time before fans are back in any football ground

I reckon fans will be back with no restrictions by Christmas .Thats one of the reasons Septic were wanting a fixture list released.We need to start selling season tickets soon.Other clubs seem to be doing not to bad selling them even though there are no guarantees that any fans will be allowed to attend .

1 minute ago, Killiepies said:

I reckon fans will be back with no restrictions by Christmas .Thats one of the reasons Septic were wanting a fixture list released.We need to start selling season tickets soon.Other clubs seem to be doing not to bad selling them even though there are no guarantees that any fans will be allowed to attend .

Given Cathy's update to the Trust I think season tickets will be on sale very soon. 

12 hours ago, KillieBantam said:

Wish I shared your optimism, can't see any fans at games this season. 

Really?  There were only 14 new cases in Scotland identified by testing on Monday.  All the key indicators are moving in the right direction. Evidence from other countries suggests the virus is on the decline. Other sectors of the economy are starting to open up.  Denmark have allowed small crowds into matches already.

I would suggest if things continue to improve fans will almost certainly be at games this season.  Rugby Park is one of the stadiums you could easily admit fans to whilst maintaining a degree of social distancing, especially as is likely the 2m rule will be changed to 1m in the next couple of months.

Edited by Mojike and Bod

12 hours ago, KillieBantam said:

Wish I shared your optimism, can't see any fans at games this season. The fact the SPFL has gotten Sky to agree to Virtual STs to me shows it'll be a long time before fans are back in any football ground

No it doesn't, it shows that there will be some games behind closed doors.

The fact that Motherwell are promising fans money off next years season ticket for games missed, means they don't expect the full season to be behind closed doors, otherwise they are getting no income next year and would just sell virtual season tickets instead with no mention of money back.

12 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Really?  There were only 14 new cases in Scotland identified by testing on Monday.  All the key indicators are moving in the right direction. Evidence from other countries suggests the virus is on the decline. Other sectors of the economy are starting to open up.  Denmark have allowed small crowds into matches already.

I would suggest if things continue to improve fans will almost certainly be at games this season.  Rugby Park is one of the stadiums you could easily admit fans to whilst maintaining a degree of social distancing, especially as is likely the 2m rule will be changed to 1m in the next couple of months.

Aye and South Korea have re-tightend restrictions after a 2nd spike after reopening ... we will get one too before a vaccine is released for general consumption it's just a case of when and how bad it is. Down here in England it is expected July/August from what I've heard.

If they allow fans in to RP not only will they have to put in a proper social distancing with plans in place for getting in and out the ground, emergency exits etc but they'll also have to take temperatures etc to ensure people with mild symptoms do not enter the ground and put other fans at risk.

If you think we are nearly done with the pandemic your sorely mistaken.

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No it doesn't, it shows that there will be some games behind closed doors.

The fact that Motherwell are promising fans money off next years season ticket for games missed, means they don't expect the full season to be behind closed doors, otherwise they are getting no income next year and would just sell virtual season tickets instead with no mention of money back.

What Motherwell expect and what actually happens could well be 2 entirely different things. In my opinion they will rue this decision financially