Virtual Season Tickets

kfc_superteam

Can understand the reasons for the delay whilst in the middle of this horrible pandemic, then so much uncertainty over past couple of months with the league issues, then the arguments over new league set up etc

But with the news today and the planned August league start hopefully our board will release news soon of how fans can get this service and that ST will soon be on sale etc 

Interesting comments today from couple of clubs including Aberdeen suggesting after recent talks with government and football authorities that, there is a hope by November to be allowed to have a limited number of home fans back into grounds 

Edited by Scouser2

1 hour ago, Fudger said:

I’d be happy to support the club in any way I can but watching football on tv behind closed doors holds absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever, it’s painful to watch.

Agree, watching the Bundesliga games is comparable to watching paint dry.....

Some news from the club on this issue

######

We also welcome news of a deal brokered between the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) and Sky Sports, allowing fans inside the UK and Ireland live virtual access to watch 2020/21 home matches played behind closed doors.

This would be achieved through our own club platform and we remain in discussions with our technical suppliers and our fellow Premiership clubs on the full details of these arrangements.

While we finalise everything, we hope to be able to inform supporters of our full offering for season 2020/21 and the ways you can back the club in the near future.

Just noticed on ticketco site that they are now doing live streaming. This may help with the loss of "walk up"  and away fan income as I expect they would only take a small percentage of cost. It would also help with the admin of sths getting subs for ktv as we purchase our tickets through them so they would be able to link them straight to the streaming access.

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I just read an interesting statistic on the Bundesliga since it started back behind closed doors, only 8 home wins against 19 away wins. 

Could the lack of a home crowd be more of a level playing field for both teams? 

Don’t think so from our part anyway. difference losing 60000 fans to 5000.  

might make Celtic struggle more at home tho 

18 hours ago, Fudger said:

I’d be happy to support the club in any way I can but watching football on tv behind closed doors holds absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever, it’s painful to watch.

I could manage a Killie game. But the games i have watched from Germany, Every week i last about 20 mins and turn off.

Some of the podcasts I've been listening to with people watching the Bundesliga closely have said the loss of home advantage is way bigger than they expected. The flipside is that the quality of the good teams seems to come through a lot more. 

Will be really interesting to see which sides it suits and which it doesn't here. We've often been better away from home in the last few years, could be a good thing! 

What's the consensus on how our season ticket sales are likely to go? 

Sadly, the few people I have spoken with have stated they won't buy a season ticket to watch a live stream, hope this isn't representative of the support at large. 

Personally speaking I am looking to buy some merchandise once it goes on sale to boost the club coffers, strips for the brats and possibly some leisurewear for myself. 
I don't normally buy items from the club shop but happy to do so to boost some revenue. 

14 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Sadly, the few people I have spoken with have stated they won't buy a season ticket to watch a live stream, hope this isn't representative of the support at large. 

Personally speaking I am looking to buy some merchandise once it goes on sale to boost the club coffers, strips for the brats and possibly some leisurewear for myself. 
I don't normally buy items from the club shop but happy to do so to boost some revenue. 

Sadly, I think it is a given that our season ticket sales will be down by quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Celtic are apparently making every season ticket holder buy the virtual ticket to keep their seat even if it’s a family of four in one household. 

everyone round the one tv but have to pay multiple fees. Seems ridiculous.

Celtic have a wage bill of £60m and are f**ked otherwise.

Good to see.

24 minutes ago, Fudger said:

If they are limited to existing season ticket holders the numbers will certainly be down as not everyone will want to view in this way. I suppose it also pretty much depends on the pricing. If the the limitation is the total number of season tickets sold and not specific individuals that might be different, as I know a few people who were nor season ticket holders but would by a cheaper streaming version.

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

If they are limited to existing season ticket holders the numbers will certainly be down as not everyone will want to view in this way. I suppose it also pretty much depends on the pricing. If the the limitation is the total number of season tickets sold and not specific individuals that might be different, as I know a few people who were nor season ticket holders but would by a cheaper streaming version.

I think it's limited to season ticket numbers, there will be a deadline for existing season tickets holders, then FCFS I'd think.

For what it's worth, I think it'll be full price frozen at last years prices. Any games missed as played behind goals, would have value taken off next years season ticket.

I'd say that is fair and it's what Motherwell have done.

Need to pay wages somehow so probably the best way of doing it.

40 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Haven't had a season ticket for a number of years but will be looking to get one for next season, with or without being able to attend in person.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think it's limited to season ticket numbers, there will be a deadline for existing season tickets holders, then FCFS I'd think.

For what it's worth, I think it'll be full price frozen at last years prices. Any games missed as played behind goals, would have value taken off next years season ticket.

I'd say that is fair and it's what Motherwell have done.

Need to pay wages somehow so probably the best way of doing it.

We’re all ready to buy, but if this is the pricing model, I think sales will be down, unfortunately. 

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 11:10 PM, C4mmy31 said:

Agree, watching the Bundesliga games is comparable to watching paint dry.....

That's because, just like the SPFL a lot of the games are awful to watch. The technical quality of the players is irrelevant. I have watched several and some have been quite entertaining but most are as you say like watching paint dry.

Lets face it many games live at RP fall into that category too. Its only being a Killie fan that makes 0-0 vs Rosco bearable. Again, watching paint dry is a good analogy.

Edited by gdevoy

Just now, Mclean07 said:

We’re all ready to buy, but if this is the pricing model, I think sales will be down, unfortunately. 

Sales will be down regardless I think, as many can't justify the money, whereas last year it might not have been a second thought.

Once furlough stops, there's sadly going to be a lot of folk out of work, that's why I think we were right not to put them on sale when other teams did. Financially it would have helped the club but morally I don't think it's right until we at least know what they are selling.