Referees

I think this has been brought up before but why aren’t they out there a bit more.

I watched Boydy and Robert Snodgrass interview Wullie Collum earlier on YouTube. He comes across quite well and discusses various aspects of the game and the role. Similarly when Bobby Madden was on with Si Ferry he came across well and gets the chance to show themselves. Ex refs who appear on things like Off the Ball always seem to come across quite well also.

Should they be available for more playforms. Give opinions post match etc. Allowed on highlights programmes. 

I think it's right that they don't speak after games because I can't see any good coming of it. The answers will be 99% "because that's what I thought from the view I had", which is a truth fans don't really want to hear. 

There's the odd occasion where an explanation would be good, it in those situations it would likely lead too difficulties with appeals etc. 

Speaking on highlights programs with the benefit of all the replays is an interesting idea, that could be interesting. 

But I agree it's a shame we don't hear from them - The refs on bt sport giving their opinions are always very good and that's a bit of coverage I've really liked. 

What about a set list of questions post match. The usual how do you think you performed etc. No reporter to dig them up about anything. I’ve noticed some of them can be cutting about their own performances so would probably give an honest answer.