Season Ticket Refunds

Lroy

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/message-for-season-ticket-holders/

While the 2019/20 Scottish Premiership season has been brought to a close, one remaining issue for the club is how to address season ticket holders who were unable to watch the full allocation of matches due to the Coronavirus shutdown.

We’ve looked at a range of options but the simplest solution is to offer the option of a refund to our 2019/20 season ticket holders for the value of the matches missed. Should every season ticket holder take up this option then we calculate the financial cost to the club will total £142,000.

We want to make this clear – there will be no judgement or condemnation of any supporter who wishes to take up this option.

Some supporters have already indicated to us that they don’t wish any money back and we thank them wholeheartedly for this kind gesture.

Anyone wishing to request a refund can contact [email protected] and please include your name and season ticket reference number.

We also welcome news of a deal brokered between the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) and Sky Sports, allowing fans inside the UK and Ireland live virtual access to watch 2020/21 home matches played behind closed doors.

This would be achieved through our own club platform and we remain in discussions with our technical suppliers and our fellow Premiership clubs on the full details of these arrangements.

While we finalise everything, we hope to be able to inform supporters of our full offering for season 2020/21 and the ways you can back the club in the near future.

We thank you all for your continued patience and support.

Glad the club have put out some news and a decision , I will not be asking for a refund , but each persons circumstances are different

for club our size the potential hit on top of other loss of revenue is very high re 

####

We’ve looked at a range of options but the simplest solution is to offer the option of a refund to our 2019/20 season ticket holders for the value of the matches missed. Should every season ticket holder take up this option then we calculate the financial cost to the club will total £142,000.

If it were anything else apart from Killie I would be asking for a refund. No intention of asking for a refund for my Moffat family season ticket as ultimately losing all this money will leave the club in a right mess. Difficult decision for some as there is going to be job losses in all areas and some people will need all the money they can get. End of the day feeding your family is a priority over signing a Stephen Hendre or Harry Bunn. 

Edited by kfc_superteam

You can’t judge on this one issue anybody that does deserve shot!! As has been said people’s circumstances are all different. I paid for a stmirren ticket the day football was cancelled and don’t want money back. Let’s all back one an other and stop any sniping before this starts.

We had played 15 home games before the World stopped.

I've done some crude calculations that suggest an adult season ticket holder would receive a refund of between £56 and £78, depending on whether we were due 18 or 19 home games, and whether the ticket holder paid full whack or got the £340 early bird offer.

2 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

I actually think it's quite poor from the club.

99% of fans most likely won't take a refund but they should offer some sort of incentive (shop voucher/ free entry cup game next season) as a thank you to the dedicated fans.

I would imagine there is still some scope to.  They have already provided free access to KTV, and could still have additional bonus but I really don't think it's required.  The club have done the right thing, but still doesn't stop some people having a go.

5 minutes ago, killieboy87 said:

I would imagine there is still some scope to.  They have already provided free access to KTV, and could still have additional bonus but I really don't think it's required.  The club have done the right thing, but still doesn't stop some people having a go.

I don't see anybody having a go?

I just think that the club should "entice" fans who are contemplating asking for a refund. 

25 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

99% of fans most likely won't take a refund but they should offer some sort of incentive (shop voucher/ free entry cup game next season) as a thank you to the dedicated fans.

That's still going to cost the club money, the whole point is they are trying to stop having to shell out cash 

22 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

I don't see anybody having a go?

I just think that the club should "entice" fans who are contemplating asking for a refund. 

Why does there always have to be some sort of incentive? Is it not enough to want to support the club when its in trouble? Sorry pal, its probably not the way you meant it but this smacks of "what's in it for me" and that sentiment appears to be prevalent these days. I don't hold anything against anyone that wants a refund because their need is greater, they are well within their rights and the club have afforded them a way to get their money with no fuss. People looking for 'extras' and incentives at a time like this are opportunists and trying to take advantage when we should be looking at how best to make sure we have a club at the other side of this.

Edited by Dazza

50 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

I assume you are just trolling with a totally ridiculous comment like that. Well done.

Perhaps the club should have given a paltry voucher with the value of one game off the purchase of next year's season ticket like Sevco have done?

I think the club's decision is very fair and generous despite the difficult financial circumstances and i'm sure all those fans who can afford to will not be seeking a refund.

Edited by historyman

29 minutes ago, historyman said:

I assume you are just trolling with a totally ridiculous comment like that. Well done.

Perhaps the club should have given a paltry voucher with the value of one game off the purchase of next year's season ticket like Sevco have done?

I think the club's decision is very fair and generous despite the difficult financial circumstances and i'm sure all those fans who can afford to will not be seeking a refund.

I would have preferred if the club would have came out and said "you're not getting a refund, here's a shop voucher".

At that level, it guarantees that no money leaves the club (fans will likely spend more than the voucher value in the shop) resulting in a 'win-win' sitation both the fans and the club.

3 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

How many games have we actually missed? Might not be due back as some folk think, every little helps the club

2 before the split. 2 or 3 after the split. Its works out that the season ticket now works out at the equivalent of buying a ticket for every match at home. Seen someone post that on Twitter.

the club are offering everyone a refund,  as an adult you can make the descision if you want to take it or not,

so if 99% decide not to take it so be it fair play to everyone who makes that descision,

why should the club then give you a discount voucher as a reward for not taking refund when as an adult you chose not to accept refund.