Season Ticket Refunds

Lroy

4 hours ago, Fudger said:

Glad the club are doing this and for those who desperately need some cash it must be very welcome. 

Personally that money has long been written off for me and I would rather the club keep it but fully understand if people are struggling. 

Contrary to views on other threads, I don't believe this is a case of who is the bigger fan. Simply put, if you can afford to write it off it will greatly help the club, if you cant then there should be no issue. Each individual fan will be in a different position financially. 

Spot on mate 

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

I would have preferred if the club would have came out and said "you're not getting a refund, here's a shop voucher".

At that level, it guarantees that no money leaves the club (fans will likely spend more than the voucher value in the shop) resulting in a 'win-win' sitation both the fans and the club.

Anyone wishing to could just take a refund then spend it in the shop if they wish.

Saves the club a hell of a lot of admin keeping track of vouchers which some people may take months to spend or indeed never use....

Edited by C4mmy31

4 minutes ago, Garvis said:

Let the club keep the cash, and let us buy shares.

Gies the cash back and I will buy shares.. am no made o money.. times are hard ..

Just thought it would be a way to get more shareholders on board and involved with the club...

7 hours ago, Fudger said:

Glad the club are doing this and for those who desperately need some cash it must be very welcome. 

Personally that money has long been written off for me and I would rather the club keep it but fully understand if people are struggling. 

Contrary to views on other threads, I don't believe this is a case of who is the bigger fan. Simply put, if you can afford to write it off it will greatly help the club, if you cant then there should be no issue. Each individual fan will be in a different position financially. 

This is a perfect analysis. Nobody should feel less of a fan if they're in a situation where this money is needed and they request it back.

For anyone who can leave it with the club, doing so will help keep us afloat and help get us into a position where the club are able to add to the squad and get back to playing football again.

8 minutes ago, Dundonald_Killie said:

Just a thought .... are sponsors, advertisers, etc. foregoing any refunds that may have been due to them as well as a result of games not going ahead ? Or is it just STH’s the club is hoping will do it ? Genuinely wondering.

QTS didn't seem too fussed. Brownings will get their message out there, if the league starts on 01/08 as planned.

1 hour ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

What happens with this cash ref tax for the club. 

The reason I'm asking is would it be financially better for the club to issue a refund and the fans then invest that money in TIK tax free? Or is the process more hassle than it's worth?

that's an interesting point, every season ticket includes 20%vat which the club will have already paid to the tax man, if the club paid back the percentage of ticket not used to fans, then they'd be able to claim the vat part back. if the fans then returned their payment to the club in return for shares then the club would be 20% better off minus costs . bit of a palaver though

13 hours ago, Fudger said:

Spot on. There should be no judgement, given everything going on £80 could be a families food bill for a couple of weeks.

15 hours ago, Breebsy said:

Let the club keep the cash, but give us shares in return. 

You could take the refund and buy shares with the cash if that’s what you want to do. Guess what, you can do whatever you want with your own money.

Good leadership by the board on this issue.

7 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

It is but they are probably legally bound to offer a refund for taking money for a service they can't fully offer. 

Don't think they are. Season has ended. Season ticket is for all home league games. Doesn't stipulate a number. 

As for the offer, it's very kind but like most I'll not be taking it up. 

No issues with anyone choosing to do so though. These are unprecedented times and not everyone is in the position to turn down a refund. Maybe people's financial circumstances have been turned upside down since they bought their ticket last summer. 

21 hours ago, Twonky65 said:

I actually think it's quite poor from the club.

99% of fans most likely won't take a refund but they should offer some sort of incentive (shop voucher/ free entry cup game next season) as a thank you to the dedicated fans.

That's because your club done this and you didn't get the option of a refund. 

Edited by LH31