BBC

3 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

She does make a lot of good points regarding the portayal of the victim in the media, I would say similar to when a soldier dies in combat - always a hero. You never hear someone say "you know what, he was a bit of an @rsehole" about a dead soldier do you? 

She also misses the point though that its really now about so much more than him - the circumstances of his death are appalling and are just the catalyst for a movement.

I can't see how Trump will get back in come November, but if he does America overall is in serious, serious bother - and this is the insular, bigoted and racist country we are looking to deal with post Brexit - outlook is great for us....

Edited by dasboag

3 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

One of Trumps biggest fans, darling of the Alt Right, spread coronavirus conspiracy theories, quoted approvingly in the manifesto of the guy who killed all the people in the mosque in New Zealand. Last person anyone should be listening to. 

8 minutes ago, dasboag said:

I can't see how Trump will get back in come November, but if he does America overall is in serious, serious bother - and this is the insular, bigoted and racist country we are looking to deal with post Brexit - outlook is great for us....

Videos of his cops killing black people and groping women protesters will be the exact reason why he WILL get in with a landslide from white AmeriKKKa.

Johnson and Cummings will be trying to work out just now how they could get our cops tooled up and sent out looking for trouble as it is working a treat for Donald's popularity.

12 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Videos of his cops killing black people and groping women protesters will be the exact reason why he WILL get in with a landslide from white AmeriKKKa.

Johnson and Cummings will be trying to work out just now how they could get our cops tooled up and sent out looking for trouble as it is working a treat for Donald's popularity.

Surely there's not enough 'gun states' and bible belt to get him the overall win by themselves though?

I've noticed a lot of similar language used by Trump and BoJo in their speeches - Boris is smarter/sneakier though - wont be caught out saying anything as blatantly 'dictatory' as Trump does....so we'll creep towards it, with any significant bills hidden behind Covid/Brexit stuff - they are the perfect smokescreen 

It should not matter whether the guy was a pillar of society, a loving husband and father and jolly good all round egg or a homeless person that nobody on Gods earth gave a flying s**t about.The police failed in their duty to show someone in custody a duty if care. It is that simple. Their lack if professionalism was cataclysmic to the point where a significant custodial sentence seems appropriate.

As I understand ut the guy was hugh on opioids at the time of the incident and this may have contributed to his death. This has not made the MSM yet but I expect the defence teams for the policemen to build a strong case on this. IMO thus completely irrelevant. The police should be able to take sombody who is on something into custody without recklessly endangering their life.

For what it is worth I dont think this incident will change anything. Once the emotion has died down things will just go back th the way they were. This is an institutional racism problem and  needs more than a few lowbrow coos to be prosecuted.

Edited by gdevoy

29 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

One of Trumps biggest fans, darling of the Alt Right, spread coronavirus conspiracy theories, quoted approvingly in the manifesto of the guy who killed all the people in the mosque in New Zealand. Last person anyone should be listening to. 

Football forums are the closest I get to social media platforms so I’ve no idea of her previous comments . 
Just because she’s held some pretty outlandish views ( if she hasn’t been misquoted because you know that does happen) previously doesn’t invalidate her views on this situation . That’s the same standard we’re judging the life of George Floyd by . 

22 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Football forums are the closest I get to social media platforms so I’ve no idea of her previous comments . 
Just because she’s held some pretty outlandish views ( if she hasn’t been misquoted because you know that does happen) previously doesn’t invalidate her views on this situation . That’s the same standard we’re judging the life of George Floyd by . 

Doesn't invalidate, does put in a context. She is absolutely saying those things a) for attention and b) to make things more palatable for a conservative audience. Intent in context is everything here, so the biggest pinch of salt possible for reading those comments. 

We don't need to judge his life in any way shape or form - his death was an entirely avoidable act that has nothing to do with that. 

6 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Mmm. So basically I gave up listening to her. George Floyd was basically executed. Irrespective of his past he was murdered in front of the world. He is a martyr, flaws and all. She is wrong in my opinion. I'm not judging his life. It's the way he died I'm judging. 

I wouldn't say he is a martyr. He didn't die because of any beliefs, he only wanted to breathe and be treated like a human being. The policemen denied him that right. 

I think everybody on here agrees the police acted in a way that should, n a country we want to live in, result in criminal proceedings. Sadly in the US the police do not expect any action when a black person dies because the police are protecting a white population that us terrified of African Americans.

Mr Floyds lifestyle choices are irrelevant and I find it distasteful the way some people are trying to make a saint of him.

Edited by gdevoy