Jamie MacDonald

Steppskillie

1 hour ago, Steppskillie said:

I know opinion on Jamie has been mixed on his abilities as a goalie. Personally I liked him will always remember him as a very decent keeper, especially his incredible saves at Perth in the cup game at the end of the match. 

Off the pitch I found him very approachable, a nice guy. 

Just wanted to wish him and his family well for the future. 

Scotland call up,  Umpteen saved pens, one of them being that one at the hunnery. Cruyff turn. Keeping us in games longer than we had any right to be. 

Just don't play well against us...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, jam1869 said:

A decent keeper, decent enough guy, but seemed to throw toys out the pram. (Lee Clark changing training times, in papers a few times saying needed to be no 1) Wish him well, but we can do better. 

Yes, your right there. We can do way better than Lee Clark and so can Blyth Spartans apparently. 

2 hours ago, CB said:

Scotland call up,  Umpteen saved pens, one of them being that one at the hunnery. Cruyff turn. Keeping us in games longer than we had any right to be. 

Just don't play well against us...:ph34r:

It’s still hard to believe that the Scotland call up was potentially the beginning of the end for him at Killie. Bachmann replaced him that week and we went on from there.

When he came in initially he was a massive upgrade on Samson and provided exactly what we were needing. His series of saves in the cup tie at St Johnstone were exceptional. Players times come and go at clubs. I’m sure he’ll have plenty of years left in him at a decent level. 

Jamie was a good player for us, the past few years though he seemed unsettled, wasn’t content playing in the West and was vocal about the travel issues and family time.

I think that this is the right time for him to move on, no one can say he didn’t give his all when wearing our kit, and for that I have a great deal of respect.

Dont think he is strong enough nowadays to be in a team to get us into a Top three or four position, I would think that we will be far down the road to employing a new number 1, I know who I would like, but expect to be wide of the mark so, let the guessing continue.

For Jamie, Alloa is just across the Kincardine Bridge and seems a good fit for him.

All the best 

11 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

Scott Fox leaving Partick following their relagation with a clause in his contract.  Was in Scottish squad 2 years ago.  Just 33 with over 200 games in SPFL.

Worth a Look ?

Theres a reason he is playing down in that league, he is nowhere near good enough to be playing in the top flight.