Sponsor statement

Killiepies

@Killiepies thank you very much for your support of our club, greatly appreciated by the vast majority of our fans I imagine, certainly by me and my family. Sadly in today’s social media age everyone gets to have their say and quite often what’s said are things people would never dream of saying in a real life setting. 
keep up the great work please. 

1 hour ago, bornin65 said:

John is also heavily involved with Darvel Juniors as well as his beloved Killie, he only deserves praise for doing so much for not just one but two local teams.

Darvel have signed some good quality players since the lockdown came into effect. guys like ex seniors Conor Greene & Gavin Mitchell won't have come cheap .......

Why do people make things personal. It's a football strip ! Brownings will be sponsoring the club with a decent amount of money. Clearly a life long fan, who is in the position to help his club. I dont particularly like the strip that's been chosen, each to their own i suppose . But to call out folk for it is moronic

No need at all if there's been any personal comments (I'm not doubting it -it's social media, I just haven't looked).  No need ever for personal attacks on positive contributors to our club.

With regards to the kit, I've not said anything here about it, but the first thing I thought was that the sponsor was overly big - but its been rightly pointed out we've had other large sponsors.  I think with there being a lot of white space on the logo that makes it look bigger.

Some criticising the orange in the QTS kits - it was in their logo, so its a similar argument.

I've always thought that the best way to have sponsor involvement would be to make them have a monochromatic logo on the home kit so that its not 'interfered with', and then let the sponsor have a big say in the away kit - allows us to have variation and still let the sponsor have a big say and maybe some media coverage if they do it well (I'm thinking the Queens Park Irn Bru away kits, or something similar to that Pescara kit that's gotten loads so much coverage and is selling globally)

I love our navy kit from this season - think its a peach.

I do like this new kit too, even with the logo appearing big....I'll certainly buy one for me and the wee man.

2 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Some criticising the orange in the QTS kits - it was in their logo, so its a similar argument.

I had no issue with them having their logo on the strip.

They had too much say on the colours though elsewhere on the strip.  Sometimes it was like a QTS work outfit rather than a Killie strip/training gear.

New Kilmarnock FC Kits 14/15- Errea Killie Strips 2014/15 Home ...New Kilmarnock Away Top 2015-2016- Killie FC Alternate Kit 15/16 ...

Lee McCulloch will seek Lee Clark's advice during Scottish Cup ...

Credit where's credit is due though, they toned it down after a couple of seasons and it was just the sponsor that was orange which is fine.

Look the part with our new 2019/20 Killie shirts | Kilmarnock FC

New Killie Strip 2018-19 | Nike Kilmarnock FC Home Kit 18-19 ...

New Killie FC Top 2017-2018 | Kilmarnock Nike Home Strip 17-18 ...

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I had no issue with them having their logo on the strip.

They had too much say on the colours though elsewhere on the strip.  Sometimes it was like a QTS work outfit rather than a Killie strip/training gear.

Yeah, they weren't the nicest kits - but the away kits were at least different - the orange was just unfortunate and obviously due to the particular company sponsor.

I just genuinely think there could be good mileage in continuing to give the sponsor additional permissions with the away kits in return for restrictions on the home - even if they then choose to run some sort of fan competition to increase engagement with their brand