You’re not going to convince me Scott a Fox is any more proficient than Jamie Mac, so I’m not upset Motherwell signing him as I don’t believe he’s Premier League calibre. Signing a back-up keeper at this stage should be just about last on the list of signing priorities so let’s not be precious about this. Get a cracking, or at least “as good as we can afford” first choice in and build from a good base. 

13 minutes ago, skygod said:

I doubt we would be looking at Fox as first choice, just as Well won't.

Don't they still have Trevor Carson who had illness issues? DVT or something?

Carson signed a new deal earlier in the year. I think Livi were sniffing about him at one point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Fox admits the lure of European football helped him choose a move to Motherwell over Premiership rivals Kilmarnock.

The goalkeeper became the Steelmen's fourth summer signing when he agreed terms on a one-year deal.

And with Motherwell set for a Europa League first round qualifying match in August, the 32-year-old said it was a determining factor in choosing Stephen Robinson's side after also speaking to Killie gaffer Alex Dyer.

Fox told Lanarkshire Live Sport : "I'm delighted to join Motherwell. I've had people texting me and constantly asking what was happening, so it's good to finally get it over the line.

"I spoke to the Kilmarnock manager as well, but I made my decision based on what was best for me and my family.

"There was nothing formal from Kilmarnock.

"They wanted an extra couple of days, but Motherwell pushed it harder - and harder than I expected as well.

"They wanted it done quicker and it's worked out well for me.

"Europe was a big thing.

"As a footballer, your career is quite short and you want to experience as much as possible.

"And this gives me an opportunity to get into the squad for that."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-sign-scott-fox-keeper-22234829

Might be more difficult than we think to sign a keeper. We have said we need two, So how do we bring in a new Keeper without telling him you are our 1st choice. One of them would have to agree to be a number two. Even being told you will fight for the number one slot with a another keeper i have yet to sign , might put someone off.

Most good Keepers on a good wage would expect to be coming in as a number one. So we either need a young number 2 or a keeper at the end of his career.

Looking at the free agents who are available, I think we might be better served by the loan market. 

That might be a problem if the English leagues are restarting later though. 

Which leaves the foreign market. Don’t know what contacts or scouts we have there. 

17 minutes ago, skygod said:

Looking at the free agents who are available, I think we might be better served by the loan market. 

That might be a problem if the English leagues are restarting later though. 

Which leaves the foreign market. Don’t know what contacts or scouts we have there. 

Unfortunately though any foreign keeper will need to self isolate for 14 days. Kind of negates the chance of any coming for a trial.

• 1 month later...