Aaron Hickey

12 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Is he not there LB that got subbed when we stuffed them at TTOP this season.. Burke ran himragged and never came back on the pitch  after HT...and all the big clubs want him....:15:

It's all paper talk, classic Scottish media, take a youngster who has one good game and make him out to be a world beater.

Peter's principle for footballers via the media

I know it’s the Record reporting and you have to take it with a pinch of salt but reports of Lazio offering €100k are highly amusing.

I’m not convinced he’s as good as some are making out albeit I don’t see him every week. His first half against Killie was one of the worst performances I’ve witnessed in a long time. Burke absolutely destroyed him

I think Hearts have ruined him a bit already. He got absolutely destroyed against us and I watched him get the same treatment against Rangers, possibly twice.

I've watched him get decimated as often as I've watched him play particularly well.

The high ratings obviously come from somewhere but over exposure to first team football at a young age in a rank rotten team probably hasn't done him any favours.

15 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Harry Cochrane has just turned 19, I don’t think you can write him off already. 

I'm not writing him off.

Problem is young players have too much expectation placed on them based on a couple of great performances. 

Harry Cochrane was a victim of the press and Levein hyping him up.

They had the lad down as a mainstay of the Hearts midfield and a future international midfielder. 

There's an article in the Edinburgh Evening News at the moment claiming Hearts need to build their team round Andy Irving.

He's only broke into the Hearts team regularly this season and just turned 20.

Given the players they've got and money they've spent I think John Souttar and Liam Boyce might be better options.

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Not good enough compared to his predecessor.  But may he different if he has a more stable environment than we had last year. 

Still learning the game.young lad , was really good early on , sure he faded later. But he will never have played so many games of that standard b4.

2 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

Still learning the game.young lad , was really good early on , sure he faded later. But he will never have played so many games of that standard b4.

Exactly this. Was a big step up for Niko last season and he'll be better for the experience.  

I thought he dipped after a good start. Were signs he was coming out of his shell a bit again - showing a bit more aggression in the home game against Sevco for instance.

I'd welcome him back if Fowler/Dyer thought he was a good option.

• 2 months later...