Aaron Hickey

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

Wont be in contention for Champions league winners next season if thats the standard of player they are going for

He's not going to shift Alphonso Davies any time soon!

One for the long-term future.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

Wont be in contention for Champions league winners next season if thats the standard of player they are going for

Expressing an interest in a young player they can develop doesn't mean their standards are slipping. Their preparation for the one-off Champions League games was exemplary and I can't imagine their recruitment process is any less thorough. 

49 minutes ago, skygod said:

He's not going to shift Alphonso Davies any time soon!

One for the long-term future.

If Hickey is on the radar of Celtic, Bayern and Bologna these clubs have obviously seen something they think they can seriously develop.  
Andy Robertson was at Queen’s Park at Hickey’s age - pretty sure no one back then thought he would become Scotland captain and a Champions League winner. 
I wish Hickey well if he goes abroad to learn his trade and hopefully be a success (and Burkey will always be able to dine out on the memory of the absolute roasting he gave him that day) 

5 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

It really isn't the same, but you obviously love Hickey and have decided he is Roberto Carlos reborn

I just find it strange you think Calum Waters and Ross Millen are better than Hickey. I’m not a biased supporter unlike some.  

5 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

If the BBC gossip column is to be believed Celtic will get 30% of his transfer fee. Although given the standard of Scottish journalism they could have just swiped that off his Wiki page. 

Or just thought of a number and put a zero on the end to placate OF zombie fans?

14 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

Good stuff, hope he's successful there. I've talked before about how I like to Scottish players move abroad

About time maybe but soon realities of brexit will hit home and they won't be able to. 

Same for all the young English players who have suddenly started to find their way abroad, mainly to Germany. 

On 9/10/2020 at 9:55 AM, Graeme S said:
  1. Good luck to the young man for taking this ambitious move on. Really hope he does well and manages to fulfill the potential these big clubs think he has.

Agreed.

And hopefully Bologna shift him away from left back - we've got enough of those in the national team. 

• CB locked this topic