Danny Racchi

kfc_superteam

7 minutes ago, Zorro said:

One of those guys who seemed to like the idea of being a football player, more than the work and commitment required to be a football player. 

Think that is very unfair. It’s like saying Pogba is lazy. It’s easy to say it until you review the type of players they are. Technical, skilled and talented. Just misunderstood.

6 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

Think that is very unfair. It’s like saying Pogba is lazy. It’s easy to say it until you review the type of players they are. Technical, skilled and talented. Just misunderstood.

Except I don’t think Pogba is lazy and I recognise the strengths in his game and what he brings to a team. Racchi seemed more concerned with the right restaurants, the right pet, the right social media profile, the right partner, the right hairstyle, the right boots so he could have the appearance of being a player. Back in Ye Olde days they had a saying “if you’re gonna wear white boots you better be able to back it up on the pitch”. Danny never backed up his ‘white boots’ on the pitch imo. 

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

Except I don’t think Pogba is lazy and I recognise the strengths in his game and what he brings to a team. Racchi seemed more concerned with the right restaurants, the right pet, the right social media profile, the right partner, the right hairstyle, the right boots so he could have the appearance of being a player. Back in Ye Olde days they had a saying “if you’re gonna wear white boots you better be able to back it up on the pitch”. Danny never backed up his ‘white boots’ on the pitch imo. 

No probs. I take your point. I always feel players like Danny can be under appreciated by fans and coaches due to his demeanour. 

11 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Spot on assessment. 

Worked with one of his mates from Yorkshire. 

As soon as he found out I was a Killie fan he started laughing and said " You'll know my mate Danny Racchi then?"

Get the impression if there was a reality series in Yorkshire like Made in Essex then Danny would be in itxD

40 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Spot on assessment. 

Worked with one of his mates from Yorkshire. 

As soon as he found out I was a Killie fan he started laughing and said " You'll know my mate Danny Racchi then?"

Get the impression if there was a reality series in Yorkshire like Made in Essex then Danny would be in itxD

Last I heard he was working as a hairdresser in Huddersfield. 

40 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Last I heard he was working as a hairdresser in Huddersfield. 

On a similar note, one day I was watching one of these pawn shows on Channel 4 and Alex Pursehouse showed up trying to flog a load of old coins or something.

4 hours ago, Maverick11 said:

I was lucky enough to see Pogba play live once at Man Utd a couple of years ago. I went to the game thinking he wasn't much of a team player and had a bad attitude but he was magnificent, worked hid socks off and ran the game from start to finish. I think he's someone who needs to be managed properly and he can deliver in spades.

Apart from the excellent goal v St Mirren I don't think Racchi did much for the cause at all. As was mentioned above he wasn't dedicated enough and has pretty much admitted that himself.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

On a similar note, one day I was watching one of these pawn shows on Channel 4 and Alex Pursehouse showed up trying to flog a load of old coins or something.

Is he still playing for anyone? I remember him having an absolute nightmare one home game. Can't remember who it was against but he looked like he'd never played football before. Shiels rated him highly - he certainly got that one wrong.

51 minutes ago, historyman said:

Is he still playing for anyone? I remember him having an absolute nightmare one home game. Can't remember who it was against but he looked like he'd never played football before. Shiels rated him highly - he certainly got that one wrong.

Think it was the ICT at home, battered 6-2 and he had a nightmare, never recovered from it

The guy who tweeted it was “karma” when Harkins goals for Dundee denied us a top 6 place - all whilst he was still employed by the club.

A poor player that our club gave a huge opportunity to and who then proceeded to throw it back in our face.