Gary Harkins

Ngonge88

One of the most frustrating players I’ve seen at Killie. Unplayable on his day, but we didn’t see it nearly often enough. His performance against Motherwell the week after we won the league cup sticks out in my mind as one of his best. Think he just about set a new world record for nutmegs that day. Just unfortunate that he came across as a bit of an idiot.

45 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Similarly to Racchi. Gary Harkins has retired from football! 

What a true talent he was, shame his head wasnt more in it. The talent with the ball at his feet was fantastic!

Harkins is a bellend of a guy, and left under a cloud, and is regarded as a lazy player.  But in the cup final in 2012 he ran himself into the ground for the team.

But as with other comments, it's a pity he didnt do it more often, all the talent, and all the attitude without the discipline.

Edited by Beaker71

I have no recollection of him being particularly good in the LC final. His most significant contribution that day was being hooked for DVT.

I do recall him being brilliant for the first half of the 3-3 game with Celtic earlier in that season. We were 3-0 at half time and he was genuinely brilliant first half. 
Sadly like most games, he was blowing out of his arse by the hour mark. 

7 minutes ago, TLC said:

I have no recollection of him being particularly good in the LC final. His most significant contribution that day was being hooked for DVT

Ran his guts put for the team, his skill wasnt the memorable bit that day, his selfishness and work rate were, as it wasnt his usual game at all.

In terms of ability he's only bettered by the real top class guys that have been here. Superb ability marred a bit by the fact he probably likes lager and burgers as much as he likes football.

If he had the work ethic to match his talent he would have been incredible.

Edited by Fletch