Pat Nevin

skygod

He left to be player/CEO of Well for, it was reported in the club programme at the time, a six-figure fee. 

He said today, jokingly, that one of the two things he was remembered for might be his leaving but didn't elaborate. 

I don’t remember what happened 

Just now, skygod said:

He left to be player/CEO of Well for, it was reported in the club programme at the time, a six-figure fee. 

He said today, jokingly, that one of the two things he was remembered for might be his leaving but didn't elaborate. 

I don’t remember what happened 

'Breakdown in communication'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Fob2UNMFk  

Mind watching him warm up at the Moffat end before a midweek game vs Dunfermline. My brother watching him ping shot after shot by the keeper (probably Meldrum) into the far corners of the net said hes getting a few tonight no bother. Think he scored two that evening. 

Cracking player and intelligent man. Dont always agree with him but his views are informed and well thought out. 

4 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Shame some gave him dogs when he came back to RP with Motherwell. He was one of classiest players we've had

Exactly, used to really annoy me how he was treated by some of our support after he left for Motherwell. 

I loved watching him as a player, he was a very skillful and classy player, who has repeatedly stated over the years how much he enjoyed his time at Rugby Park. 

Recall seeing him play for Chelsea when they visited Liverpool , and then later was thrilled  to see him sign and play for us even though lasted only that one year , sublime skill and technique, very much in same vein as Burke a true professional player who knew his craft and how to adapt his game v more physical opponents.

I met him in an airport a couple of years ago after about 30 hours travel. He was a hero of mine when he was at Kilmarnock. It's one of my big regrets that my chance to have a chat with Pat Nevin and all I could muster through tiredness and crabbiness was "Dae ye no just f**king hate Terminal 5?".

If anyone is interested he doesn't book flights that go from Terminal 5 and he does indeed hate it.

3 hours ago, skygod said:

Had a Zoom session with him and some of my Chelsea supporting mates this afternoon.

I've heard him say it before but he repeated that, along with his first season at Chelsea, his year at RP was the happiest of his career.

I'd done a search of his name on here and told him in how high regard he was held by the supporters. There were two incidents which seemed to come up regularly - his chipped goal against Dundee Utd at RP and telling the ref there had been no contact when he was going to award us a penalty at McDiarmid Park - so I asked if he could guess what they were.

He said the goal against Dundee Utd but the other he thought of was the 10-in-a-row stopper at Ibrox! 

I reminded him that it got us into Europe too and he said that his only experience of European football was at Killie, which surprised me.

Lovely guy who could have talked for hours but he had a round of golf booked!

Went to college with his brother in law in Aberdeen shortly before he was trasferred to Everton decent and intelligent guy managed to speak to him at killie lotto night out

I remember his departure was messy and his actions soured my opinion of him

Did he not down tools and refuse to play, while he had a year or two on his contract to force his move?

Was someone at Motherwell his relative or lured by John Boyle money?