Kevin O'Hara

1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Rumours suggesting were interested in signing Alloa striker Kevin O'Hara.

The strikers scored 10 in 21 before the season was cut short.

Not a bad record playing for a part time club.

Would take him so long as his character reference attests that hes learned from the incident with Dean Shiels. He would add goals to our front line which is badly needed.

Edited by Secret Squirrel
changed out word

19 minutes ago, TLC said:

If he were to sign I very hope the first thing he would do would be a public apology for his disgusting comments to Dean Shiels.

He done that years ago. Was a daft kid and made a horrible mistake, and has apologised. No need for him to comment on it again 

17 minutes ago, TLC said:

If he were to sign I very hope the first thing he would do would be a public apology for his disgusting comments to Dean Shiels.

Why should he have to do that?

It didn't happen in a match involving Killie and Shiels left eight years ago.

People can't be expected to have to keep apologising for their past misdemeanours. If fans think O'Hara owes them an apology, it might be better if he doesn't join.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Why should he have to do that?

It didn't happen in a match involving Killie and Shiels left eight years ago.

People can't be expected to have to keep apologising for their past misdemeanours. If fans think O'Hara owes them an apology, it might be better if he doesn't join.

I just have some appreciation for what Dean and his father contributed to this football club. 

I don’t think it’s out of line that a guy who has indulged in vile, ableist abuse of one of our greatest players in modern history offers some contrition. 

1 hour ago, TLC said:

I just have some appreciation for what Dean and his father contributed to this football club. 

I don’t think it’s out of line that a guy who has indulged in vile, ableist abuse of one of our greatest players in modern history offers some contrition. 

I think you are being a wee bit dramatic here the comment was made when he was 17 years old, if I had to say sorry to everyone I offended at that age it would take me years.

3 hours ago, TLC said:

One of our greatest players in modern history is also a bit strong.

4 hours ago, TLC said:

let it go mate

This lad has paid the price for his transgression, he issued an apology at the time, served an 8 match ban and left Falkirk under a cloud. 

It's probably cost him 2-3 years of his career kicking about the lower divisions rebuilding trust within the football community.

I'll assume he has grown up, knuckled down and now has a point to prove. He certainly grasped the chance with both hands when Alloa took a punt on him.

He let his football do the talking according to a couple of Alloa fans I've had a private convo with on P&B, they think he is well capable of playing at a higher level.

Edited by C4mmy31

37 minutes ago, piffer said:

Going by comments Dyer made previously about players and their character as well as reports about how deep he digs to find out about them. If O'Hara is an arsehole then I’ll be surprised if he ends up at Killie even if he was better than what we have. 

Harry Bunn was a " good man".

One Dyer knew from the past.

Turned out waste of a wage.

Kris Boyd got done for drink driving at 21.

Did OK for us.

Now fronts a mental health charity. 

Everyone has done or said something they regret . On a football pitch it's easy to lose your rag.

People grow up and move on. 

I'm sure if Kevin O'hara could turn the clock back he would react differently. 

8 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Harry Bunn was a " good man".

One Dyer knew from the past.

Turned out waste of a wage.

Kris Boyd got done for drink driving at 21.

Did OK for us.

Now fronts a mental health charity. 

Everyone has done or said something they regret . On a football pitch it's easy to lose your rag.

People grow up and move on. 

I'm sure if Kevin O'hara could turn the clock back he would react differently. 

Jordan Jones is another example, appeared in court for a serious assault, I didn't hear cries for a public apology when he joined us for his previous behaviour.....