Season Tickets

Bigbill

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Away games are a different kettle of fish.

I wouldn't think twice about taking a comp for an away game if I was offered one but I wouldn't take a comp for a cup game at RP as Killie lose out.

Especially when Hearts were wanting £29 on a Wednesday night in February 

It would be good to know what the monthly fee per season ticket is paid for the virtual rights to justify the £70 fee for u16 ticket.

It's a fair point to say that's the reason why the u16 season tickets are no longer part of the deal but are the club just covering the price with the £70 or in addition making money from it?

Being cynical at the best of times I always think that companies make unpopular changes during times such as these and can use COVID 19 as an excuse for decisions they already wanted to carry out but didnt due to fear of backlash. In addition to the fee being paid for virtual season ticket could this be what is happening here and then in the future the £70 fee will be the new norm as it's already in place?

The free u16 season ticket was excellent value especially for trying to get younger children interested (situation I find myself in). On buying my own season ticket I would not be taking a gamble of £70 for the wee yin not to be interested - was delighted with the offer in previous years as wee yin can be a hit or a miss if interested. Always thought the club were not missing out on a money income due to the strip and usual pie/empire biscuits being bought at the games.

A previous post showed other clubs pricing and in the future it may be an idea to follow St Mirren with a u13 price bracket season ticket. This lower pricing encourages parents to bring younger children and try and let them catch the killie bug.

Again I am all for the club using all channels to make money in these times but feel this can have further impact down the line if the fee was to continue in upcoming seasons.  After all my seasons will now cost an additional £100 extra than last year which may be a struggle to commit to at this moment in time due to potential upcoming job related issues.

I'm assuming there will be some sort of pay per game option for non season ticket holders and away fans. I think Hamilton are doing pay per game instead of season tickets. Tenner a game i think for them. Problem is that the money will go to the home team as per normal away games i'd expect.

Unsure if it will be open season for neutrals to watch aswell? 

Means the bigger teams will most likely clean up if that was the case. Unfortunately plenty twisted sister fans will pay a tenner to watch their games. 

What's been unclear for me (apologies if it's been mentioned) is whether UK Killie tv subscriptions are going to continue to be free for season ticket holders or if it is a separate fee. Most of the content being issued (interviews etc) have been on youtube so the killie tv subscription isn't really getting you anything.

2 hours ago, stripes1869 said:

It would be good to know what the monthly fee per season ticket is paid for the virtual rights to justify the £70 fee for u16 ticket.

It's a fair point to say that's the reason why the u16 season tickets are no longer part of the deal but are the club just covering the price with the £70 or in addition making money from it?

Being cynical at the best of times I always think that companies make unpopular changes during times such as these and can use COVID 19 as an excuse for decisions they already wanted to carry out but didnt due to fear of backlash. In addition to the fee being paid for virtual season ticket could this be what is happening here and then in the future the £70 fee will be the new norm as it's already in place?

The free u16 season ticket was excellent value especially for trying to get younger children interested (situation I find myself in). On buying my own season ticket I would not be taking a gamble of £70 for the wee yin not to be interested - was delighted with the offer in previous years as wee yin can be a hit or a miss if interested. Always thought the club were not missing out on a money income due to the strip and usual pie/empire biscuits being bought at the games.

A previous post showed other clubs pricing and in the future it may be an idea to follow St Mirren with a u13 price bracket season ticket. This lower pricing encourages parents to bring younger children and try and let them catch the killie bug.

Again I am all for the club using all channels to make money in these times but feel this can have further impact down the line if the fee was to continue in upcoming seasons.  After all my seasons will now cost an additional £100 extra than last year which may be a struggle to commit to at this moment in time due to potential upcoming job related issues.

Well you certainly can’t get better value than absolutely free and it’s to the clubs credit that they managed to retain that scheme for so long. 
However, as a £70 season ticket for an under-16 works out at less than £4 per match I don’t think anyone can argue that is anything other than a great deal. I doubt there are many other entertainment choices (cinema, bowling, golf, etc) that could compete with less than 4 quid for about 2 hours. 

2 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Means the bigger teams will most likely clean up if that was the case. Unfortunately plenty twisted sister fans will pay a tenner to watch their games. 

Won’t most of their games be on sky? In which case won’t we and the other clubs benefit more in proportion to those two from selling individual games?

On 6/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, dasboag said:

Ok I'll judge for some riddies....I'm pretty certain a decent percentage of those who request refunds are the same type of person as the one I saw on FB last night, with chat such as "I've put money onto Killie for 50 years, but I'm not paying £400 to watch on the telly, I'll put my money into Darvel from now on".  (I bet he has Sky or BT Sport)

Good for Darvel mate.  Bet they asked for money back. Many people are well off because they are tight. 

I think it's far more likely that people who could really use it risk putting themselves in financial hardship but won't ask for money back, while the penny-pinchers demand everything that's due to them.....using that classic justification "its my money and I'll decide...."

I’d rather watch grass grow than that junior s**te