Season Tickets

Bigbill

We slipped up by not selling earlier. Doing away with the both early bird offer and the free u16 tickets with each adult sale was too much additional cost in a season when there was no guarantee of seeing live football. I suppose the club had to cover themselves in the event of costly refunds for the following season, but if we don't sell sell sufficient numbers of season tickets then we aren't covered. Making the early bird adult with no free u16, or full price adult later with an u16 ticket would have at least given parents an option. The danger is we get to December, are playing badly and the people saying they will buy a half-season ticket don't buy one. 

19 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

I suppose  its possible they could do bring a kid free on a match by match basis

I know Hibs do  a Hibs kids special for certain games.

Couldn't do this that often or the folk who shelled out for the kids ST will be losing out....unless they are allowed to bring an additional kid for free. 

I think we've been spoiled for the past few seasons, especially with the Moffat family ticket which is still great value.

The club has additional costs this season with testing and streaming with no walkups, hospitality or tea kiosk sales to cover the cost so the season tickets had to go up imo. What I think we've forgotten is we stopped the season 8 games early so that's another 4/5 home crowds we've lost out on.

There was always going to be a drop off in ST sales due to peoples personal financial situation due to losing jobs /being furloughed, there will also be folk out there who don't have a good enough internet set up to stream games well, some just won't fancy it etc.

We as a fanbase just need to buy as many STs as we can, join TIK and/or buy shares. Hopefully when this is all over the club will reinstate the free kids tickets.

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

I suppose  its possible they could do bring a kid free on a match by match basis

I know Hibs do  a Hibs kids special for certain games.

From the feedback I have heard so far I think this should at least have been considered as an option. Certainly putting off the few people I have spoken to. 

1 hour ago, Richaway said:

Exactly why couldn’t the club go with the free kids tickets?

As for each ticket sold/given away, the club needs to pay a streaming fee to Sky.

So instead of giving away a ticket that was costing the club nothing, it was costing us money to do it this season. I think they'll do something once the fans can attend games and offer freebies.

27 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We slipped up by not selling earlier. Doing away with the both early bird offer and the free u16 tickets with each adult sale was too much additional cost in a season when there was no guarantee of seeing live football. I suppose the club had to cover themselves in the event of costly refunds for the following season, but if we don't sell sell sufficient numbers of season tickets then we aren't covered. Making the early bird adult with no free u16, or full price adult later with an u16 ticket would have at least given parents an option. The danger is we get to December, are playing badly and the people saying they will buy a half-season ticket don't buy one. 

By not selling before we would know how and when the season would start? 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As for each ticket sold/given away, the club needs to pay a streaming fee to Sky.

So instead of giving away a ticket that was costing the club nothing, it was costing us money to do it this season. I think they'll do something once the fans can attend games and offer freebies.

Sounds a bit strange to me

39 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Not aimed at you humper....

People really need to read the FAQs. It clearly states the free U16 ticket is only suspended not abolished.

It costs the club money, which they can ill afford to shell out at this time, if they issue these tickets just now,  I can't believe the amount of moaning given the unique situation the club find themselves in. Maybe not the 2020/21 season, but I'm positive we will see the free U16 tickets return further down the line when the current situation subsides and fans are allowed back in the stadium.

It's really a moot point whether the u16 ticket is suspended or abolished, it isn't happening this season. Having no early bird offer and charging £60 for u16 season-tickets will be a double whammy for some families at a time when there is job uncertainty. 

Motherwell allowing fans to have card board cut outs of themselves or family  at games until fans can return. £22 per cut out, decent earner for the club.

hopefully we do something similar extra income. 

maybe club could use it as an incentive to sell kids tickets seeing they free ticket is gone for this season for reason stated above, for every kids ticket sold you get a free card board cut out for games?

Edited by ki11ie

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was in the FAQs in the season ticket emails.

Never received an email with FAQs, in fact ive only received an email for one of my two tickets.

If its a streaming rights/charge issue then why not just make the kids ticket non applicable for live streams of games.

12 hours ago, Richaway said:

Never received an email with FAQs, in fact ive only received an email for one of my two tickets.

If its a streaming rights/charge issue then why not just make the kids ticket non applicable for live streams of games.

Dunno - I'm sure it's not just that simple or club would have done that. They've suspended for this season, so I'm sure itll be back next season as others have said.

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/season-pass-2020-21-frequently-asked-questions/