Season Tickets

Bigbill

6 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

The club haven’t asked people to forego refunds. They gave people every opportunity to claim one if they wanted. 

no one was forced to buy shares, there was an opportunity provided to fans. 

I know that, I never said anybody was forced to do anything.
(As far as the refunds go, the wording of the club’s statement implied that they were asking people to forego them if they could. And any STH I personally know was fine with it).

My point is that (publicly at least) it only seemed to be STH’s that were asked to do all these things. I’d like to think the other groups I mentioned are maybe doing the same things ....

I suppose itll depend on finances and relationship with the club. If the company is financially struggling then they would be looking for some compensation possibly same if the person behind the company isn't a Killie fan and it was purely a business relationship.

These are matters that the club will deal with and probably keep to themselves to maintain a good relationship with the sponsors.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 3:52 PM, Dundonald_Killie said:

Caved in and renewed like I knew I would all along ....

Would still be interested to know if smaller sponsors, advertisers, people that had hospitality booked, etc. have been asked to forego refunds, buy shares, and pay increased prices (no early bird) on last season (all of which I’ve done) - they maybe have, but the cynic in me doubts it - I could be wrong but from the outside looking in, it seems to me the Club mainly ask/expect the one group (ie. STH’s) to do it ....

Pretty sure there won't be any sponsors who are getting refunds from last season.

Also pretty sure a lot of those sponsors will have been shut for 3 months with next to no income so it's not really a like for like comparison.

A lot of these sponsors are long term season ticket holders too, so I think you're being a tad unfair on local guys who sponsor the club.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Pretty sure there won't be any sponsors who are getting refunds from last season.

Also pretty sure a lot of those sponsors will have been shut for 3 months with next to no income so it's not really a like for like comparison.

A lot of these sponsors are long term season ticket holders too, so I think you're being a tad unfair on local guys who sponsor the club.

I was just asking the question as everything (like I said, publicly anyway) seemed to be geared towards STH's forking out more money.

I don't think I know any of the sponsors personally, and my post wasn't aimed at anybody specific, so i don't think the post was being "unfair" on anybody.

You're obviously more in the know than me it seems.

18 hours ago, Dundonald_Killie said:

I was just asking the question as everything (like I said, publicly anyway) seemed to be geared towards STH's forking out more money.

I don't think I know any of the sponsors personally, and my post wasn't aimed at anybody specific, so i don't think the post was being "unfair" on anybody.

You're obviously more in the know than me it seems.

Just thought it was unfair as any sponsor I know, including 3 or 4 on our bus and all of them are season ticket holders who put money in through their business too. Don't think anyone sponsors Killie as they see a benefit in an upturn in business, usually just done in blind faith and due to the fact they are in a position to do so.

Even when you look at player sponsors, a lot are sponsored by individuals/supporters clubs/companies with well known Killie fans are owners.

These same folk will no doubt sponsor this year again but with even less exposure as we're likely to have no programme sales for start of season, no fans in the stadium etc.

2 hours ago, ki11ie said:

Motherwell have sold over 3.5k season tickets. If we want to be competing with them next season as we should be. Then we need to be close to have same number of season ticket holders as them

I'd be interested to hear an update but yeah I agree - we should be matching if not bettering Motherwell's numbers. No reason not to.

It pains me to say this, but Motherwell are in a far better position than us and with their season ticket sales are cashing in on the feel good factor around the club.

3rd place finish with European football. 

A manager who has experience. 

A solid signing policy and structure to get players in.

Well run and organised club.

Played hardball with Septic over the David Turnbull fee.

Whilst we are heading in the right direction ( hopefully) we are light years behind them.

14 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

It pains me to say this, but Motherwell are in a far better position than us and with their season ticket sales are cashing in on the feel good factor around the club.

3rd place finish with European football. 

A manager who has experience. 

A solid signing policy and structure to get players in.

Well run and organised club.

Played hardball with Septic over the David Turnbull fee.

Whilst we are heading in the right direction ( hopefully) we are light years behind them.

Some may argue we were in a similar position to Motherwell just over a year ago..going by your points above.....after couple of excellent seasons ....then due to a number of circumstances  including the managerial appointment , sacking and other bizarre decisions ..we let the Positivity and momentum to some degree fade away to an extent...hopefully will not take to much to get us back in the right direction again 

Edited by Scouser2

3 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

..we let the Positivity and momentum to some degree fade away to an extent...hopefully will not take to much to get us back in the right direction again 

I’d say that was an understatement but it shows how quickly fortunes can change for the middle-ranking clubs. 

Recruitment on and off the pitch is critical. 

How long before us did Motherwell launch their season ticket campaign? I’m sure it was more than a month before which would also explain their significantly greater sales to-date. We typically have more season ticket holders than them and I’d expect that to remain the status quo at the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Some may argue we were in a similar position to Motherwell just over a year ago..going by your points above.....after couple of excellent seasons ....then due to a number of circumstances  including the managerial appointment , sacking and other bizarre decisions ..we let the Positivity and momentum to some degree fade away to an extent...hopefully will not take to much to get us back in the right direction again 

They even played like Killie under Steve Clarke last season. 

Dyer's first game in charge against them at RP was like watching role reversal. 

Of course you are bang on the money about us not pushing on from the momentum we had gained. 

Our 150th anniversary went off like a damp squib.

Last season was a shambles and with coronavirus,furlough and job uncertainty I will be very surprised if we match Motherwell in season ticket sales.

To finish on a positive note, I like the signing of Aaron McGowan more of this type and age group please

37 minutes ago, skygod said:

1,500 sold. 

Decent steady increase , hopefully will be nearer the 2000 mark after this week , pay day etc.....and sales will continue to increase nearer season start date ....with also hopefully helped by some positive announcements in next few weeks 

3 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Decent steady increase , hopefully will be nearer the 2000 mark after this week , pay day etc.....and sales will continue to increase nearer season start date ....with also hopefully helped by some positive announcements in next few weeks 

I'm afraid to say the bottom bit is important to me for buying mine.

Cant really afford it, nor even the finance payments at the moment. Also stay in Dumfries so it's a matter of travel and also when I get finished work on a Saturday. 

But if there is a real excitement of players it could hopefully tip me to find a way for a ticket. 

With payday today hopefully see a decent increase over the next week and push 2,500. 

I know Motherwell have sold 3,500 but off the back of a third place finish and Europe to look forward to they have the feel good factor we had for a short while at the beginning of last season. 

If we can get 3,000 season ticket holders I think that would be decent enough. Considering no free U16’s attached.

I'll probably renew my ST this week, only to help prop up the club. Other than that, I'm thinking there is little incentive to renew. I can afford to renew, but appreciate that others can't. As always, the club is relying upon pure blind loyalty more than anything else, the KTID approach. A signing or two is needed to give sales a boost and to show that we have learnt from the mistakes of the last two transfer windows.

I will renew and will renew my son's ticket too despite the £200+ hike in his ticket price.

However given the date for retaining seat is end of July, I see no reason to renew before this date, when far more things will hopefully be clear.

Perhaps I am not alone............................. 

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

With payday today hopefully see a decent increase over the next week and push 2,500. 

I know Motherwell have sold 3,500 but off the back of a third place finish and Europe to look forward to they have the feel good factor we had for a short while at the beginning of last season. 

If we can get 3,000 season ticket holders I think that would be decent enough. Considering no free U16’s attached.

So Motherwell are 3500 and will almost certainly be nearer 4000 by the end, but we’ll be satisfied with 3000. I think given their figures, to be a thousand behind a team of equal, if not lesser status, would now be disappointing, especially as their fans contribute in far higher numbers to their TIK equivalent as well. As far as your top three comments, it’s a sad day if we need that level of performance to retain season ticket holders. I don’t think other clubs suddenly dip with one middling season. The only reason I can see for more sales at Motherwell is the very cheap U16 tickets at £20 and the earlier start. We have also not caused a lot of excitement with our signings. Let’s hope the sales pick up.