Season Tickets

Bigbill

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

I will renew and will renew my son's ticket too despite the £200+ hike in his ticket price.

However given the date for retaining seat is end of July, I see no reason to renew before this date, when far more things will hopefully be clear.

Perhaps I am not alone............................. 

Hopefully. Well done anyway.

3 hours ago, funky monkey said:

I'll probably renew my ST this week, only to help prop up the club. Other than that, I'm thinking there is little incentive to renew. I can afford to renew, but appreciate that others can't. As always, the club is relying upon pure blind loyalty more than anything else, the KTID approach. A signing or two is needed to give sales a boost and to show that we have learnt from the mistakes of the last two transfer windows.

I’m not sure how you work out it’s blind loyalty. We renew because most of us love going to see Killie with our friends/relatives, usually no matter what. It’s not a big favour or a one way street for most people. As far as affordability is concerned, there will certainly be people struggling, but I can’t imagine any more so than in booming Motherwell. 

16 minutes ago, Andy said:

I will renew and will renew my son's ticket too despite the £200+ hike in his ticket price.

However given the date for retaining seat is end of July, I see no reason to renew before this date, when far more things will hopefully be clear.

Perhaps I am not alone............................. 

Spoken to quite a few people who are not committing at the moment. As you say no real hurry given the time frame put out. Also a couple looking for a sign of intent from the club. Lack of transfer activity putting folk off. It’s sad but true that it does make a difference to some people. Unfortunately that can also hinder the clubs ambitions

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

Lack of transfer activity putting folk off. It’s sad but true that it does make a difference to some people. Unfortunately that can also hinder the clubs ambitions

When folk have blindly supported the club in the past and heard the promise of increased budget etc. It's not unsurprising that folk are reluctant to spend more money blindly. The club need to show intent and get fans excited and onboard and hopefully fans will be more willing to part with cash at a time that people are financially struggling.

4 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

When folk have blindly supported the club in the past and heard the promise of increased budget etc. It's not unsurprising that folk are reluctant to spend more money blindly. The club need to show intent and get fans excited and onboard and hopefully fans will be more willing to part with cash at a time that people are financially struggling.

This. We’ve been told we won’t see a repeat of last summer, then we won’t see a repeat of January, then we were prepared for this window. It’s been slow. McGowan was in early then Dyer admitted he was hoping for more quickly. When that doesn’t happen you start to ask questions and get that feeling of seeing it all before. All the while clubs around us are busy which makes us look worse. For some people wondering if we will be competitive will put them off. 

58 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I’m not sure how you work out it’s blind loyalty. We renew because most of us love going to see Killie with our friends/relatives, usually no matter what. It’s not a big favour or a one way street for most people. As far as affordability is concerned, there will certainly be people struggling, but I can’t imagine any more so than in booming Motherwell. 

It is blind loyalty. Despite the notion of being promised 19 games, we have no idea what the new season will look like or when it will start. It's a speculative purchase. At this moment in time we aren't going to see Killie, certainly not with our friends and relatives, any time soon.

Edited by funky monkey

The lack of transfer activity is definitely more of a factor this summer.  Money tight, two poor previous transfer windows,. poor run of form last season and for many a disappointing managerial appointment.  The fans have done their bit recently buying shares, contributing to TIK and not taking refunds on last years season tickets.  Time for the club to step up and get some players in the door that will give us some confidence for the new season.  

40 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

The lack of transfer activity is definitely more of a factor this summer.  Money tight, two poor previous transfer windows,. poor run of form last season and for many a disappointing managerial appointment.  The fans have done their bit recently buying shares, contributing to TIK and not taking refunds on last years season tickets.  Time for the club to step up and get some players in the door that will give us some confidence for the new season.  

They need the money from the ST sales to get the players in.

People hoping for a big signing to get them to buy their ST are going to be disappointed. The quality of signings will be reflected from ticket sales unless Billy Bowie decides he wants to start overspending his own money in the club again.

27 minutes ago, skygod said:

Fortunately for us, BB's core business is pretty recession proof.

I don't think he'll be throwing his money around though.

I agree. I think his heart is definitely in the right place and if he had to overspend again he probably would do it but it should be our job to buy the tickets that fund the signings. Anyone who wants big signings to entice them back to be a Kilmarnock supporter for another season is looking at it backwards and being unrealistic. Ultimately you're either going to renew or you're not, don't hold back until the last minute to renew (not aimed at people who are struggling financially) then complain about the quality of signings. If you're intending to buy then the earlier the better.

I’m not sure how many are clamouring for a big signing. Given how threadbare the squad is and how we were told we were better prepared for this window I think it was expected we’d have more than one in the door. There does seem a realistic idea amongst a lot of the support that we need to focus on consolidating our place in the division more than anything next season

This year everyone will have a Primark budget. But the clubs who depend on big crowds especially walk-ups..will struggle especially if they have high paid players and big squads.

Given we lost players, haven't spent our budget yet, even if it's down.. We may get one or two good signings as players struggle to find a new deal

I'm always an optimist so let's push for Europe or even 2nd in the league when the zombies spend all their season ticket money and go bust again....

I think we're in a better position than most clubs in Scotland. Apart from some pretty horrific loans and SOD, we seem to be pretty much as were. A few signings and the core remaining the same will see us O.K this year. Folk need to chill... same s**t every single season.

1 hour ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Could someone give me a source for the 3,500 season tickets sold announcement for Motherwell? 

I can only find on their official twitter the announcement that they have sold 2000 from a month ago unless I've missed something.

According to their message board on Sunday, Alan Burrows had tweeted that they were up 15% on "the same time last year" and 1,000 short of last year's total.

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

They had a good season whereas ours which included that s**t show against the taffs was poor , and the no free under 16s won’t help