Season Tickets

Bigbill

33 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We are paying off staff so I think folk are going to be in for shock if they think we're going to be signing players right left and centre with less than 2000 season tickets sold.

What staff are being payed off?

The free under 16 ticket doesn't really cost the club revenue, it's not like giving the free ticket was costing the club out of a sale due to amount of people wanting to attend and limited seats being available to sell. 

it's just a good bit of PR as original season ticket holder gets a bit of a perk of free season ticket and the recipient of free under 16 ticket it sows the seeds of going to football and more importantly watching and supporting Killie.  

So the amount of season tickets to equal revenue only really applies to sold season tickets so depended on take up because of each fans personal circumstances will determine the final amount sold. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We are paying off staff so I think folk are going to be in for shock if they think we're going to be signing players right left and centre with less than 2000 season tickets sold.

Wigan Athletic have just gone into administration, citing the significant effect of Covid-19.

The value of season ticket purchases ( 20 %??)  is overstated and clearly most of the income comes from other revenue streams , sponsorship , tv , gate money from walk ins etc.. Closed door games and the overall impact is of much greater significance re budget than season ticket sales 

2 hours ago, piffer said:

What staff are being payed off?

Hospitality, tea bar staff and some others I believe. It's not nice to see anyone lose their job but there's obviously no hospitality or tea bars while there are no fans. Hopefully it's on the basis that the jobs will be there for them when the fans are back.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:42 AM, Skora11 said:

If we can get 3,000 season ticket holders I think that would be decent enough. Considering no free U16’s attached.

Last year's total was 4,214, up from 3,513.

I assume these numbers include freebies.

Edited by skygod

24 minutes ago, eagle10g1 said:

The value of season ticket purchases ( 20 %??)  is overstated and clearly most of the income comes from other revenue streams , sponsorship , tv , gate money from walk ins etc.. Closed door games and the overall impact is of much greater significance re budget than season ticket sales 

Season ticket sales provide much needed cash flow at a point in time when there are no walk ups and a hugely important part of a clubs revenue.  Especially when cash is needed for player acquisition.  This season they are more important than ever.  

13 minutes ago, skygod said:

Last year's total was 4,214, up from 3,513.

I assume these numbers include freebies.

It would be interesting even to have a guesstimate of the freebies as that would give us a comparable number to aim for. I would guess it would be quite a substantial amount. We had three with five full seasons tickets. May be as little as 3000 paid tickets out of 4200. 

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

It would be interesting even to have a guesstimate of the freebies as that would give us a comparable number to aim for. I would guess it would be quite a substantial amount. We had three with five full seasons tickets. May be as little as 3000 paid tickets out of 4200. 

That what was my thinking also which is why I reckon getting to 3000 would be a success in the current climate. 

My guess would be 60% adults 20% over 60s/students 20% kids 

4200 tickets last season. If we keep similar numbers.

2520 adults at £370 = £932400 

840 concessions at £220 = £184800
840 kids = £0

Some folk will have bought kids tickets and Moffat stand etc but it’s most likely over £1million in revenue.

shows how important season ticket sales are to the club.

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

My guess would be 60% adults 20% over 60s/students 20% kids 

4200 tickets last season. If we keep similar numbers.

2520 adults at £370 = £932400 

840 concessions at £220 = £184800
840 kids = £0

Some folk will have bought kids tickets and Moffat stand etc but it’s most likely over £1million in revenue.

shows how important season ticket sales are to the club.

After VAT it would be under a mil but still a substantial amount. Going on the figures above I think the aim should be 3,000.

1 hour ago, eagle10g1 said:

Now more than ever, season ticket sales are massively important.

To say they are overstated is bizarre.

Is the TV deal overstated as it was roughly the same sort of income as season tickets.

Think 8th got us £1.375m and season ticket sales would have not have been far off that.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Non football staff but obvs we're watching cash on that front too, hence why Millen is assisting Dyer.

And then there is the cut backs on the playing side with smaller first team squad as well as reserve/ development cut backs too 

I have seen multiple meeja rumours that crowds will be allowed back inside grounds for the start of the season. It seems like Ceptic, the Sheep and others are trying to "bounce" the authorities into it.

Then I read a response from a government heath advisor which basically said "in your dreams".

22 hours ago, trenwick said:

The free under 16 ticket doesn't really cost the club revenue, it's not like giving the free ticket was costing the club out of a sale due to amount of people wanting to attend and limited seats being available to sell. 

it's just a good bit of PR as original season ticket holder gets a bit of a perk of free season ticket and the recipient of free under 16 ticket it sows the seeds of going to football and more importantly watching and supporting Killie.  

So the amount of season tickets to equal revenue only really applies to sold season tickets so depended on take up because of each fans personal circumstances will determine the final amount sold. 

As has been mentioned many times before, the club are going to be charged by the live match broadcaster(s) for every season ticket issued. Hence the decision not to issue free U16 seasons which would mean a cost to the club. If you have a season ticket, I expect any U16s will be watching these broadcasts with you anyway.

26 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

As has been mentioned many times before, the club are going to be charged by the live match broadcaster(s) for every season ticket issued. Hence the decision not to issue free U16 seasons which would mean a cost to the club. If you have a season ticket, I expect any U16s will be watching these broadcasts with you anyway.

I might well be wrong here but why didn’t the club just not refrain from issuing the kids tickets until the point when they are allowed to attend games?

that way they wouldn’t need to pay for any live match broadcast.

5 minutes ago, Richaway said:

I might well be wrong here but why didn’t the club just not refrain from issuing the kids tickets until the point when they are allowed to attend games?

They might be doing that just not making it public. If Sky know it’s going to happen they may try to make things difficult.

Unfortunately through the process some people will have payed out for a kids ticket. I wouldn’t expect kids to be paying into RP if they are with a season ticket holder when fans return

Edited by piffer

27 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Some kids go without there parents, to withhold the tickets denies them the chance to watch Killie on the TV till clubs are allowed to admit fans.

I think also if it's reduced allocation then it should be who purchased their ticket first (I haven't bought mine so not trying to be Uber fan) are first back in the stadium. I think this is what Aberdeen are trying to push by saying they plan to let 7500 fans in and so far have sold 6000+ plus season tickets.

8 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Some kids go without there parents, to withhold the tickets denies them the chance to watch Killie on the TV till clubs are allowed to admit fans.

I think also if it's reduced allocation then it should be who purchased their ticket first (I haven't bought mine so not trying to be Uber fan) are first back in the stadium. I think this is what Aberdeen are trying to push by saying they plan to let 7500 fans in and so far have sold 6000+ plus season tickets.

If the reduced stadium capacity of Rugby Park is around a similar ratio to Pittodrie, then 5-6,000 is going to be more than enough for all season-ticket holders. Could even allow walk-ups in at that rate provided they bought tickets in advance.