Season Tickets

Bigbill

1 hour ago, Clunk said:

It would b interesting  how many people  over  60 who buy season tickets  maybe reluctant to buy because  of pandemic  

Not sure why that group would be any different.

As most of them will be on a fixed income the pandemic will have had no effect on the affordability of their season tickets. I bought mine the first week they went on sale.

11 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

1750 so far as per Cathy's update today. 

Also she mentioned that fewer than 5% of ST holders last season had asked for a refund......which shows again the true backing from fans even in the current circumstances 

granted we all hope sales for coming season continue to improve 

1 hour ago, Richaway said:

Not even enough to fill the bottom half of the Moffat stand with the east and west completely empty. Let’s hope there are a lot of folk still to renew in the next 3 weeks.

A bit harsh, given we’re the only club affected by unemployment, low wages and unstable jobs. We also have to finish at least third for some fans to renew :(

On 7/6/2020 at 11:20 PM, historyman said:

I suppose fan ownership means you have a lot ambassadors trying to create more converts. 

I wonder if fan ownership creates a sense of responsibility towards the club's finances- it maybe makes people feel there are no millionaires in the board room to rely on and they need to invest through season ticket money and Well society subscriptions.

27 minutes ago, superfan said:

Fans Forums are built for opinion. We all have them and are entitled to express them. However I do think that there are posters on here who moan incessantly about the clubs progress, or lack of, in relation to season ticket sales. Each year the same arguments are regurgitated and worn like a badge. Its time for these guys to step back and consider " instead of calling the club out on this what could I suggest that may make it better. " We all want the team and the club to do well. Negativity breeds even more negativity. I am in no way suggesting that we should not post opinions on season ticket sales but posting the same nonsense every year does no good.

If anyone has an idea that would help to increase season ticket sales, tell the marketing department at the club. 

Making sure all shop staff are trained in processing season tickets would be an easy and very cheap start.

Absolutely agree with your comments, we need more positivity among the fans, but surely the club itself should be leading with this rather than putting barriers up.

There is probably a lot more the club can do to push sales, but this isn't the beginning of a normal season. I get the feeling that a lot of people aren't fussed about watching closed doors games and are waiting until they can get in to watch a match. Then they would be walk-ups until the half season-ticket goes on sale.  Maybe the club should have pushed the fact that two games played behind closed doors would mean next year's season-ticket would be cheaper by £40 or £20 for students/over 65's. Own goals like the launch of the club shop certainly don't help us look like a professionally run club. 

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

There is probably a lot more the club can do to push sales, but this isn't the beginning of a normal season. I get the feeling that a lot of people aren't fussed about watching closed doors games and are waiting until they can get in to watch a match. Then they would be walk-ups until the half season-ticket goes on sale.  Maybe the club should have pushed the fact that two games played behind closed doors would mean next year's season-ticket would be cheaper by £40 or £20 for students/over 65's. Own goals like the launch of the club shop certainly don't help us look like a professionally run club. 

What about including a full membership to Killue TV with STs bought now? That way you are still guaranteed delayed transmission all season plus access to all the games plus assorted other stuff.

It may have shifted a few more STs.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I get the feeling that a lot of people aren't fussed about watching closed doors games and are waiting until they can get in to watch a match. Then they would be walk-ups until the half season-ticket goes on sale. 

The season ticket is good for nineteen home matches whenever it's purchased so there is no reason why someone shouldn't buy a season ticket whenever entry to matches is allowed. There's no need to be a walk-up until January.

So you can understand why people might be holding back on purchasing.

What's worrying is that other club's are shifting tickets now and getting money - and players - in now. 

Edited by skygod

I think the club were absolutely right in waiting until they knew what the new season would be like before offering season tickets. 

It’s maybe left us behind some other clubs who already had season tickets on offer but morally the club have acted on the correct manner IMO.

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

The season ticket is good for nineteen home matches whenever it's purchased so there is no reason why someone shouldn't buy a season ticket whenever entry to matches is allowed. There's no need to be a walk-up until January.

So you can understand why people might be holding back on purchasing.

What's is worrying is that other club's are shifting tickets now and getting money - and players - in now. 

Surely there has to be a cutoff point when that offer no longer applies, it's only meant to be because we can't get into games. Fans can only retain their seat until 31st July, but I doubt that would be a great incentive to buy now rather than later. 

I'm hoping that at the end of this month we will see a substantial rise in season ticket sales. The club has given people till the 31st to renew their ticket so for a lot of people from the announcement of season tickets till then is 3 pay days. During a time when people are finding money abit tighter (myself included) they may rather use the 3 pay days to get the money together for their ticket rather than jumping in early and having to use the finance option which at the end of the day will cost them more money. 

Unfortunately it might be a year where we have less season ticket sales as for a lot of people when money is tight a season ticket might not be high on the priority list. All we can hope is that those who can afford it will buy one and those who can't can either pay at the gate when they can afford to come to a game (when fans are allowed back in), buy a half season ticket if they can afford it or buy a season ticket next year again when they can afford it.

49 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

I think the club were absolutely right in waiting until they knew what the new season would be like before offering season tickets. 

It’s maybe left us behind some other clubs who already had season tickets on offer but morally the club have acted on the correct manner IMO.

I've said that several times - that's not the issue.

Whenever clubs put their tickets on sale, the season still starts on 1 August. We just need to sell them more quickly and that doesn't seem to be happening based on the time taken to get from 1,500 to 1,750.

I think it's more that we are suffering a backlash for last season's clusterf**k.