Season Tickets

Bigbill

In many ways is was s**te listening to your old folk's music, then just as your became a teenager, The Beatles, Stones, Animals, Who, Beach Boys, arrived. Mini-skirts appeared, although not every woman suited them. Glasgow teams arrived at the Beachcomber and got sent packing. The Move at the Beachcomber, Kinks, Moody Blues at Ayr ice rink, Pink Floyd at Dunoon, Beatles, Stones, at the Odeon in Renfield Street. Killie win the League, beat Eintracht 5-1, play and draw with Real Madrid at home. s**te times indeed. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

In many ways is was s**te listening to your old folk's music, then just as your became a teenager, The Beatles, Stones, Animals, Who, Beach Boys, arrived. Mini-skirts appeared, although not every woman suited them. Glasgow teams arrived at the Beachcomber and got sent packing. The Move at the Beachcomber, Kinks, Moody Blues at Ayr ice rink, Pink Floyd at Dunoon, Beatles, Stones, at the Odeon in Renfield Street. Killie win the League, beat Eintracht 5-1, play and draw with Real Madrid at home. s**te times indeed. 

That is not what gdevoy said and what I was replying to be fair.

One thing I am jealous about that era is the music and obvs Killie winnign the league. Killie getting relegated a few years later and becoming a yoyo team not so much!

Swings and roundabouts I suppose. If you are 30, you'll have lived your full life seeing Killie in the top flight, winning both domestic cups and having the highest league finish since the 60s, whilst at the same times had the chance to see one of the biggest bands in the world play the Grand Hall a couple of weeks before they headlined Glastonbury!

31 minutes ago, Lroy said:

Are you from 1920? 

The 1960s when having 30 odd women wandering around on stage in high heels and bikinis was considered essential, prime time family viewing but you would probably get locked up for holding hands with another guy in public.

Edited by gdevoy

3 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

What a time to be alive. Id have definitely been a teacher. 

Ha, when you had a teacher who went mad with the strap, it became like a sport to try and get them to have a mental breakdown. Everyone would take turns misbehaving to wind them up, a bit like Aberdeen players taking turns to foul the opposition....

1 hour ago, aldo said:

Ha, when you had a teacher who went mad with the strap, it became like a sport to try and get them to have a mental breakdown. Everyone would take turns misbehaving to wind them up, a bit like Aberdeen players taking turns to foul the opposition....

My dad reckons they got it over on the sadistic ones simply by driving them mad and into an early grave. 

Please sir can I have some more? 

1 hour ago, aldo said:

Once had the whole class queueing outside the classroom to get the belt because the teacher had lost the plot, boys and girls. Wouldn't do that with Willie Mcilvanney though, he could do some serious damage with the belt, my wrists were black and blue a few times. 

32 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Once had the whole class queueing outside the classroom to get the belt because the teacher had lost the plot, boys and girls. Wouldn't do that with Willie Mcilvanney though, he could do some serious damage with the belt, my wrists were black and blue a few times. 

Richard Thomson, the head language teacher at the Jimmy and well know Killie fan/shareholder, had a fair old swing on him, even his collegues would send pupils along to his classroom to dish out 6 of the best. He had my hands stinging a good few times tbf.

Edited by C4mmy31

52 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wlll be 3000 by time we've our first home game streamed.

Given those will be predominately adult tickets, with no freebies, i think sales have been decent in the circumstances. 

Was thinking this. If you take off free kids tickets from previous years then we can’t be far behind.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wlll be 3000 by time we've our first home game streamed.

Given those will be predominately adult tickets, with no freebies, i think sales have been decent in the circumstances. 

When you take into context no free u16 tickets , the lateness of starting the process and current circumstances that is a decent figure so far with hopefully lot more sold before our first home game and as season gets going 

Has there ever been figures given re actual paid for ST last season or in previous years ?

Just now, Mclean07 said:

It must just be in the last year then, be cause there was no difference before this. 

There is a vast difference there's industrial estate's everywhere around that area, where as most of the industries that were in the Kilmarnock area have been shut down or relocated elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Lroy said:

We had big numbers off the back of a good season last year, they've got good numbers off the back of a good season this year.

No, numbers have been comparable for years. They had numbers pretty much the same as ours last year. So you’re wrong. If we’re reliant on finishing third to have decent numbers we can safely give up. We were going to be at 3000 at the last pay day, according to some. The deadline has now been moved another week.